SportsWrath

Unreal....Gints tradeup for Nassib!

BleedinBlue

Well...all I can think is that they are grooming Eli's eventual replacement. Nassib is definitely a cerebral QB with a bazooka arm. Working with Eli has to be good for him in the long run. Or maybe the Giants want to use him for trade bait or something. Hard to figure. I suppose if Eli gets injured in the next couple of years, it'll be nice to have him in the fold. I'm still scratching my head though.

Well...all I can think is that they are grooming Eli's eventual replacement. Nassib is definitely a cerebral QB with a bazooka arm. Working with Eli has to be good for him in the long run. Or maybe the Giants want to use him for trade bait or something. Hard to figure. I suppose if Eli gets injured in the next couple of years, it'll be nice to have him in the fold. I'm still scratching my head though.

How big is that bald spot now? :P

Eli will be the starting QB for the next 7 years or more. This is not a pick to groom for us. It's a pick to groom for someone else. This is a crazy draft, can't say I disagree with the thinking, but why the fuck are you trading UP to get a guy that will probably never play a down for u? Your giving up picks to get picks later, POTENTIALLY. Dumb fucking move.

Another thought...maybe the Giants knew the Cowboys were planning on grabbing him....or some team they knew would take him and it was more important to keep him away from them than to put him on our squad. Otherwise, I'm not sure we would have had to trade up. There's a strategy there somewhere that will be let out at some point. At this point...just plain confusing.

Jim...we gave up 4th and 6th....in essence, our 6th rd pick.

Nah, I am ok with this. These QB's Dropped way down the draft. BPA I don't care that we gave up a 6th to move up in the 4th to grab someone that should have been taken in the 2nd maybe 3rd. giving up only a little for potential future rewards. PLus since he will be on rookie contract he will be cheaper than Carr and we could use the cap space.

Not a need... we have a backup QB, and future backup QB's aren't hard to find.

For Eli's eventual replacement, that's 4-5 years down the road at least. Surely, in 4-5 subsequent drafts, there would be plenty of QB's to choose from.

Agreed....fuck the "in Reese we trust"......that was a stupid fucking pick unless it is traded today

From ProFootballTalk

"The Giants liked Nassib enough that they were willing to give up both their fourth-round pick and their sixth-round pick to get him, who is a good pocket passer and obviously a player whom Giants G.M. Jerry Reese and coach Tom Coughlin think can be a valuable asset.

There is no way Nassib is better than Manning, but the Giants may think he is better than David Carr, who is currently their No. 2 quarterback. If he is better than Carr, he will turn out to be a good value for the Giants ; even if they are hoping they never need him".

Eli will be the starting QB for the next 7 years or more. This is not a pick to groom for us. It's a pick to groom for someone else. This is a crazy draft, can't say I disagree with the thinking, but why the fuck are you trading UP to get a guy that will probably never play a down for u? Your giving up picks to get picks later, POTENTIALLY. Dumb fucking move.

we need a backup QB. Quite frankly I was never comfortable with Carr.

Pretty friggin big Naz old boy. I'm 60 years old now and no new hair is growing in except in my ears and nose. Sucks to get older. You'll see.

Trust me I'm already there... when you're always addressed as "sir" (McDonald's getting my coffee), it hits home.. you're no longer a teenager or in your 20s lol.