SportsWrath

New song from Darren Waller about ex-wife

I think this guy needs to retire. 

What an awful trade. 

id rather listen to Toney’s music, at least he’s not whining about some ex. 

Lol I wish I could take credit for this but someone over on bigblueinsurrection said: “I’m torn because I want to tell him not to quit his day job, but I also kinda want him to quit his day job”

29 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

Lol I wish I could take credit for this but someone over on bigblueinsurrection said: “I’m torn because I want to tell him not to quit his day job, but I also kinda want him to quit his day job”

I like that, bigblueinsurrection. A little racism in that thread too. 

3 hours ago, jranieli said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fats_Waller

I found this on the insurrection board, but this is pretty cool that it's his great-grandfather. Never heard of him though. 

He basically created Rag Time... the precursor to Jazz... Very famous... the piano trill in the movie The Sting is his music....clave it is called in Spanish.

10 hours ago, jranieli said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fats_Waller

I found this on the insurrection board, but this is pretty cool that it's his great-grandfather. Never heard of him though. 

You've definitely heard his music, Fats Waller is one of those guys that is right on the edge of someone we should learn about in school. We all hear about Sousa, Joplin, Gershwin, and not so much about Waller or Jelly Roll Morton and probably a bunch of other guys I can't recall, but those guys were right there and arguably just as influential. Stride piano, its a great sound. 

Darren Waller, unfortunately, only got an eighth share of his great-grandfather's talent. Which is still pretty decent compared to most of us, but doesn't a music career make. 

His wife only left him because she is a 2 time back-to-back champion, and he plays for the "haven't had a championship in 13 years" NY football Giants. 

15 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

His wife only left him because she is a 2 time back-to-back champion, and he plays for the "haven't had a championship in 13 years" NY football Giants. 

she probably left him because he can only perform 64% of the time. 

8 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

You've definitely heard his music, Fats Waller is one of those guys that is right on the edge of someone we should learn about in school. We all hear about Sousa, Joplin, Gershwin, and not so much about Waller or Jelly Roll Morton and probably a bunch of other guys I can't recall, but those guys were right there and arguably just as influential. Stride piano, its a great sound. 

Darren Waller, unfortunately, only got an eighth share of his great-grandfather's talent. Which is still pretty decent compared to most of us, but doesn't a music career make. 

Thanks bro... you really filled in a lot here.   These were the grandfathers of Jazz and sparked the Ragtime Movement in music before Jazz.  Absolute Giants in music.

14 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Crazy as this sounds. I have zero knowledge of early jazz musicians. I never heard of Fats Waller before. I actually learned about early blues artists like Robert Johnson, Scrapper Blackwell, Blind Willie Johnson, and Mississippi John Hurt in college. Robert Johnson had abnormally long fingers. 

51 minutes ago, jranieli said:

TE Darren Waller has informed the team he plans to retire, walking away at the age of 31 after just one season with NYG.

Well... BYE... as they say in Tombstone...

I feel for him however once a player says that they no longer have the fire in their belly it is time to let go and move on.  He will never give his all... and is just an injury soak at this point.  Let him go and reboot.