SportsWrath

Cooper Kupp on playing on turf twice in five days: “I hate it

jranieli

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/cooper-kupp-on-playing-on-turf-twice-in-five-days-i-hate-it

The Commissioner has tried to characterize the question of grass vs. turf as an actual debate. However, there can’t be a debate if no one shows up at the other podium.

Some have tried. None are current players. Not a single current player has said, “I prefer playing on turf because I can run faster, even if it takes me longer to get out of bed the next day.” Not any. Not one.

That said, it’s only going to change if the players are willing once the next Collective Bargaining Agreement expires to insist on all-grass venues — and if they’re willing to back it up by not playing on any surface until their football daddies cry, “Uncle.”

I know it's not Giants, but they should just ban turf NFL wide. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2023 at 10:32 AM, GorillaNJ said:

Im good with grass, but fuck the roof, Football is meant to be played outside in the elements. 

Agreed.

Its also something that is never factored in when the talk about GOATs or HOF......Brees, P Manning, Warner, ....Great Qbs, but they played a majority of their games in Domes and when not domes, southern /west coast stadiums.

Favre, Brady, Kelley, E Manning played a majority of their games outdoors in places and conferences where half the season could be cold to cold as fuck and wet.

I mean, there has to be away to calculate that shit into the numbers.

C. Wagon

10 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Agreed.

Its also something that is never factored in when the talk about GOATs or HOF......Brees, P Manning, Warner, ....Great Qbs, but they played a majority of their games in Domes and when not domes, southern /west coast stadiums.

Favre, Brady, Kelley, E Manning played a majority of their games outdoors in places and conferences where half the season could be cold to cold as fuck and wet.

I mean, there has to be away to calculate that shit into the numbers.

C. Wagon

I agree as I spent many a Sunday freezing my ass/balls off watching NFL guys play in the cold, mud and wet.  Sitting on the sidelines getting heated by hot blowers and hot seats...