SportsWrath

After yesterday's game, the 2023 NY Giants are on pace to be the worst scoring offense in team history since the '66 merger

mastershake

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

1976 Giants PPG: 12.1

2023 Giants PPG: 11.9

Also, the 1996 giants were a PPG of 15.1, the lowest scoring of the Dave Brown, Kanell, and Kent Graham era. LOL we're fucking worse than the mid-late 90's giants offenses.

All of whom were game managers.  Brown just outright sucked with an attitude problem.  Kanell and Graham had different talent levels that worked in college but were not so good for the NFL.  Kanell had trouble with passes over 20 yards, Graham could throw the deep ball and had no touch whatsoever.  All three... even Brown would have been better than Devito.  Kanell and Graham IMHO opinion are superior to DJ and Taylor.  Brown was on par with DJ and Taylor... his ineptness notwithstanding.  If you peeps could have seen Pisarcik and Brunner in all of their glory in the 70s and early 80s, you would recognize poor QB play right off.  This is where we vets get our perspectives on DJ and Taylor from.  We are not fly by night fans by any stretch.  From 1963 through 1981... 18 years... the Giants went from being the class of the league to being a rug as bad or worse than the Detroit Lions (an other old time powerhouse).  2024-2025 will be our years of growth and success.  Not 2023.  On Sunday...listen to the games if you must... post here... and engage in other rewarding behaviors.  Don't sacrifice 3-4 hours to this shit.

11 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

All of whom were game managers.  Brown just outright sucked with an attitude problem.  Kanell and Graham had different talent levels that worked in college but were not so good for the NFL.  Kanell had trouble with passes over 20 yards, Graham could throw the deep ball and had no touch whatsoever.  All three... even Brown would have been better than Devito.  Kanell and Graham IMHO opinion are superior to DJ and Taylor.  Brown was on par with DJ and Taylor... his ineptness notwithstanding.  If you peeps could have seen Pisarcik and Brunner in all of their glory in the 70s and early 80s, you would recognize poor QB play right off.  This is where we vets get our perspectives on DJ and Taylor from.  We are not fly by night fans by any stretch.  From 1963 through 1981... 18 years... the Giants went from being the class of the league to being a rug as bad or worse than the Detroit Lions (an other old time powerhouse).  2024-2025 will be our years of growth and success.  Not 2023.  On Sunday...listen to the games if you must... post here... and engage in other rewarding behaviors.  Don't sacrifice 3-4 hours to this shit.

For all his shortcomings, Kent Graham.....Kent fucking Graham went 10-5 as the starter in 1998 - 1999 (5-4 in 1999, and the defense wasn't great that year).

In 1999: 1,697 yards, 9 TDs, 9 INTS, 6.3 yards per attempt, and a 59% completion percentage. I'd fucking happily take this stat line over the next 9 games, and we're in the post-illegal contact, post can't headhunt, pro receiver ERA of the NFL, not the 90's anymore.

6 minutes ago, mastershake said:

For all his shortcomings, Kent Graham.....Kent fucking Graham went 10-5 as the starter in 1998 - 1999 (5-4 in 1999, and the defense wasn't great that year).

In 1999: 1,697 yards, 9 TDs, 9 INTS, 6.3 yards per attempt, and a 59% completion percentage. I'd fucking happily take this stat line over the next 9 games, and we're in the post-illegal contact, post can't headhunt, pro receiver ERA of the NFL, not the 90's anymore.

Of course I agree with you man and both he and Kanell were much better than DJ, Taylor and/or Devito over the course of a year.  Also more durable as well.  Graham's major fault was not having touch on his passes.  He threw as hard on 5-10 yard outs as much as for 50+ passes.  He would throw threw the hands of receivers.  He thought he had to drill everything.  A human cannon.  But yeah he could eek out 6-8 wins a year with this crew.  Kanell with Fassel as his head coach who could hide and/or adjust to his weaknesses (which were legion) he would be an 8 win guy and a first round playoff guy for life.  Fassel was really a great offensive genius and all around good head coach.  Kafka gets way too cute out there.  I hate his play calling.  He is not too predictable but he calls for passes that should be runs, and runs that should be passes.  Has a busted up O-line and goes for trap blocks and pulling guards, when it should be straight ahead blocking.  Unreal man.

On 11/3/2023 at 5:42 PM, CrazedDogs said:

PPG will go up substantially when Andrew Thomas returns.

Or not...we have scored the least points in the league.  We have scored 25 fewer points than the next closest team, the Jets, who have actually played two fewer games at the time of this post.

Also have worst point differential in the league.

31 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Or not...we have scored the least points in the league.  We have scored 25 fewer points than the next closest team, the Jets, who have actually played two fewer games at the time of this post.

Jesus Christ we're pathetic

4 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Jesus Christ we're pathetic

Offensively, in a league that is literally designed to favor offenses, we are remarkably pathetic.

101/9 = 11.22 ppg

And we have Dallas, in Dallas, who put a 40-0 on us in week 1 with all our starters, on our home field.  Let's not forget we still have Philly 2x.

The ppg could very well drop further.

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

yeah, I didn't figure Jones would immediately fall apart on us. But I probably should have just assumed the worst. 

I look at the franchise and see nothing positive. I'm seriously thinking of selling my PSLs. Which are practically worthless now anyway. The stadium itself sucks. the way the Mara runs parking for games is feudalistic. most times I have to sit near opposing teams fans and take an ear load of shit the whole game. When I try and sell seats through the ticket exchange they sell for 50% less than what they are worth and giants take a 10% cut off of that. Its insane the more I think about it why do I subsidize this insanity with my hard earned money??? 

FUCK YOU JOHN MARA. I'm done with the lip service season is over. Another shit sandwich served up in on bed of bullshit coach and owner speak.  All along we have to endure another eagles superbowl. Fuck i'm sick of this bullshit....

1 hour ago, Firstnten said:

I look at the franchise and see nothing positive. I'm seriously thinking of selling my PSLs. Which are practically worthless now anyway. The stadium itself sucks. the way the Mara runs parking for games is feudalistic. most times I have to sit near opposing teams fans and take an ear load of shit the whole game. When I try and sell seats through the ticket exchange they sell for 50% less than what they are worth and giants take a 10% cut off of that. Its insane the more I think about it why do I subsidize this insanity with my hard earned money??? 

FUCK YOU JOHN MARA. I'm done with the lip service season is over. Another shit sandwich served up in on bed of bullshit coach and owner speak.  All along we have to endure another eagles superbowl. Fuck i'm sick of this bullshit....

Just stay home First and Ten and "enjoy" the games on the screen.  Sell your PSL next year and/or the year afterward.  Until then I would put my PSL's on the exchange and let people sit there and pay you one third of the price for the "privilege" of seeing a live game.  As an old timer... you have seen this before unfortunately.  I believe Shoen/Daboll will turn the worm and if not.  They maybe be Perkins to Parcells.  Unfortunately we may have to give this madness one to four years of further reform.  Good fortune and make the decision(s) that are right for you. :TU: