SportsWrath

What?. No Giants - Bills game thread?

boohyah

2 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Jeez when you see that last play again, it's so fucking obvious and the fact that prick is 2 yards away waving it off is sickening.

Man... this is as bad as Hochuli's holding on Hamilton in the Superbowl... pure ripoff call.  No whining...

2 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

So watching the recap;

The bills clearly wanted to lose this game and the Giants couldn't allow it to happen lol 

Tyrod throws a better pass right now than Jones and actually pushes the ball downfield.

Barkley is still hurt and shouldn't be playing as much as he is.

Defense showed up at times. 

Robinson is the new Toomer. 

Fucking game of flags and the refs kept both teams alive. 

That run call at the end of the first half was awful lol  

Was holding on Waller but I doubt the Giants capitalize on another 2 yard chance lol 

All and all glad I did something else and waited for the end of game recap. 

Oh I have a feeling you were right there watching every minute of it!

1 minute ago, boohyah said:

Oh I have a feeling you were right there watching every minute of it!

Far from it but next time we can watch it together love.  

I was watching the updates on my phone though couldnt stay away entirely. 

But this team doesn't deserve watching anymore really. 

Just now, boohyah said:

Well, it was the best overall performance this season. But 2-4 gives us some life, 1-5 and this schedule. I think we're looking at staying competitive and work towards next year.

Good night all.

For sure man... goodnight...

10 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

Line up that Eagle shit and push the ball in. No balls. No balls at all. 

Man I was looking at a Tyrod keeper on that one.  No time outs hurt.  Daboll has to make the decisions down at the end.  It looks like Kafka is making the calls.  You have to be Parcells, Reeeves, Fassell, and/or Coughlin... you can't just leave it to the Offensive Coordinator... OMG.

3 hours ago, Herc said:

Woke up still mad.  I was ready to watch them suck and get blown out.  Not prepared for a ref related loss

Thanks Herc.  Me as well.  I may post this in other threads.  Let the mods indulge me.

What a lot of people are ignoring except for you and Seph and the rest of board most pointedly is that the NFL refs have sunk to the level of WWE refs.  They are distracted during tag team matches where the ref is distracted by one of the baddies as the other baddie chokes and/or does some other illegal move(s) on the good guy.  That Bill was holding our TE from the get go and pulled down his left arm so he could not catch the ball.  I hope the Bills are crushed as they are a chippy nasty bunch from the fucked up AFC east filled with chippy fucks the likes of which even the Egals and Brokebacks don't engage in.

Also, Allen supposedly went through a concussion protocol after that horrific call of a late hit on the running with the ball elusive "chosen" one, unable to be brought down easily Josh Allen.  Concussion protocol takes at least 30 minutes.  The Chosen One missed one series that lasted a maiximum of 12 to 15 minutes.  Just plain ridiculous.  This was an obvious sympathy move to show that the Giant had intended to punish him and he the Chosen One was able to overcome this nefarious intention.  So transparent that most bought it.  Carl Banks on WFAN also pointed this out.  Pure bullshit.

That call and the numerous uncalled holds on the Bills offense to keep the Chosen One from getting sacked was beyond ridiculous.  The Giants had to rush him while making sure not to "hurt" the Chosen One.  A very bad formula for a league hierarchy in love with scoring above the integrity of the game.  If the Chosen One misses a game or two... how will the Chippy Bills score?  There has to be sea change in the NFL where the number one QB receives all of the reps and the backups get Jack Shit.  It has to be more like baseball where you have the number one and a number of relief pitchers.  That is why the NFL has 6-10 elite QBs and the others are wannabes... either ones or backups that can't make it.  All NFL QBs are elite, with about half of college QBs being elite.  This is the way forward, so maybe in 10-20 years, this will come about.

The NFL has to stop the rank protection of so-called happening teams and just let things play out as they should.  The part time refs are stuck with the WWE/WWF mindset that has overtaken the NFL and that we need to get beyond.  The NFL is a sport and not entertainment.  We can't go back to the sport of the 50s-90s, however those years are what built the spot and not this modern entertainment horseshit.  The Bills should be ashamed of themselves and as a retired therapist I can hear the guilt and the self loathing in their talks about this game.  They should feel dirty about this.  There are no moral victories... however if the Giants embrace this, they can be agents of change for the positive beyond the pioneers of the game in the 50s/60s, the architects of the Victory Formation following The Fumble, and the advancement of the Defense from LT to Justin Tuck.  The Giants brought all of this about.  It is time for the Giants to change the game again.

2 hours ago, Herc said:

At least there’s this 

Diggs had good stats though so idk how good the grade will be 

These young corners will be the cornerstones of the future.  Trial by fire is the best way for defensive backs to learn the game.

23 minutes ago, boohyah said:

I get they don't want these guys to get hurt, but guess what?. 5 quarterbacks got hurt yesterday anyway.

They need to move beyond coddling the number ones and spread some reps out amongst the second stringers.  Another thing that many fans don't understand now is that full on blistering practices have been outlawed for a number of years now.  Practice is basically what the old walk through practices were back in the day.  That is one reason why people look so lost now.  I can imagine the worlds of LT and the like would be so lost today.

25 minutes ago, boohyah said:

I get they don't want these guys to get hurt, but guess what?. 5 quarterbacks got hurt yesterday anyway.

True that.  Football is all about being hurt.  I know it is a newsflash for NFL management is that all professional athletes no matter the sport participate hurt.  It is one reason why most sports you are old at 35. ;)

So watched the condensed version of the game today.

Defense came to play when it mattered, Banks shut down Diggs. 

We need to get another pass rusher across from Thibs and Williams is a lazy fuck now a days. 

Offense looked better with Barkley back, and they found a chain mover in Robinson aka Toomer 2.0 Was nice to see Hyatt in the mix too. Most importantly it was nice to see a QB push the ball downfield when facing pressure, something we haven't seen from Jones at all this year. Tyrod throws a nice deep ball which helps. 

However the Oline has more injuries than the Baltimore Ravens and it's still allergic to scoring TDs. Tyrod with the bone headed play at the end of the first half really shit on any chance of the Giants winning the game and to that note. 

The Bills and refs did everything they could to keep the Giants in this game. Should of been 21-3 at half but the Giants stayed in it. 

Then the refs decided to take it all away with that no call at the end of the game. 

Glad I didn't watch the game in real time as it would of taken a year off of life. 

With the Jets (top 3 defense in the NFL) and the Commanders up next it might be time for Schoen to start thinking of trading away some players for draft capitol. 

Even if/when Jones returns this year we ain't making the playoffs. Get what you can now and rebuild.