C Jon Feliciano: sucks

G Mark Glowinski: sucks

DE Jihad Ward: sucks

WR Richie James: OK

WR Isiah Hodgins: OK

LB Jaylon Smith: sucks

The entire 2022 draft class (11 fucking picks): sucks

Gentlemen, this is not promising. 

Also Jason Pinnock, sucks. Jarrad Davis, who they were counting on to play LB, sucks.

It's starting to be reminiscent of Gettleman in many ways. I mean, he's taking shots at the OL through the draft and free agency for instance, he's just not landing any of them.

Wouldn't this team have been better off if we cut Leonard Williams, not resigned Barkley, and just used that money to invest in two decent veteran OL last offseason?

Heck I like BC's idea in the other thread. We might have been better off rolling with Tyrod Taylor, and using the DJ money to bring in two decent veteran OL, then worry about QB next year.

15 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Also Jason Pinnock, sucks. Jarrad Davis, who they were counting on to play LB, sucks.

It's starting to be reminiscent of Gettleman in many ways. I mean, he's taking shots at the OL through the draft and free agency for instance, he's just not landing any of them.

Wouldn't this team have been better off if we cut Leonard Williams, not resigned Barkley, and just used that money to invest in two decent veteran OL last offseason?

Heck I like BC's idea in the other thread. We might have been better off rolling with Tyrod Taylor, and using the DJ money to bring in two decent veteran OL, then worry about QB next year.

That was my main complaint with the whole Jones contract saga.

He does nothing unique on the field other than being a good scrambler (which isn't as rare in QBs now a days) 

It's not like he's out there lighting the world up with his arm.

He's an above average QB who needs a good running game to support him. 

Why not go after someone who's going to cost a third as much as him and go get some needed pieces elsewhere instead of hog tieing yourself to Jones for ATLEAST two years.

There was just so little upside to giving Jones the contract we did. 

But here we are.

5 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Free agents acquired: 

WR Parris Campbell: sucks

DT A'Shawn Robinson: sucks

DT Nacho Nunes-Roches: sucks

S Bobby McCain: sucks

LB Bobby Okereke: sucks

G Max Garcia: sucks

C Jon Feliciano: sucks

G Mark Glowinski: sucks

DE Jihad Ward: sucks

WR Richie James: OK

WR Isiah Hodgins: OK

LB Jaylon Smith: sucks

The entire 2022 draft class (11 fucking picks): sucks

Gentlemen, this is not promising. 

I think the Rookie center and the rookie WR are doing quite well.   Even Banks isn't too bad for a rookie.  

No, I just accepted that we had one more cap recovery offseason where we couldn’t bring in any premium free agents.  If it were up to me I would’ve made o-line priorities 1,2 and 3 every year starting in Eli’s last few years and not stopped until it was built right

Also one thing that pissed me off last night.

Seahawks pick Witherspoon with the fifth overall pick last draft and the kid is going to be the DROTY and bullied the Giants. 

We got two top 5 picks and both are going to be off the team in four years at this rate. 

Why can't the Giants ever get this shit right. 

It’s sure looking like the right direction to have gone.  their mentality seems to be that we got by with this line last year, Neal takes a step, we plug in a high drafted center and we get by til 2024 offseason again and we don’t have to give away our best weapon and break up what should be our biggest competitive edge (d-line).  Overachieving last season might’ve been a bad thing for whatever rebuilding plans they had when they were hired.  

1 hour ago, Herc said:

It’s sure looking like the right direction to have gone.  their mentality seems to be that we got by with this line last year, Neal takes a step, we plug in a high drafted center and we get by til 2024 offseason again and we don’t have to give away our best weapon and break up what should be our biggest competitive edge (d-line).  Overachieving last season might’ve been a bad thing for whatever rebuilding plans they had when they were hired.  

Yep. I get all that.

That's DG, Jerry Reese style wishful thinking though. Hoping Bredeson, Glowinkski, Neal, and JMS were going to take leaps and be good. As I've been saying, you can get away with 1 maybe 2 of those kinds of guys IF the rest of your OL is good, which wasn't the case with the giants.

It's going into the season with too many question marks on the OL; same approach of the last 10 years.

Plus asshat Daboll or Kafka got JMS (and Belinger) injured on their stupid scrum play which failed.

The other funny thing is relying on Ezeudu to be the backup LT because Peart would be more of a disaster at LT, even though Ezeudu has given up what, 5 sacks in 2 games now? So the logic must have been that Peart can only be worse than this (plus somehow worse than Neal)

I mean, Ezeudu, Peart, Lemieux...these are so obviously fucking practice squad caliber players at best right now; they're not even serviceable backups (which Seattle had but we did not). They don't belong on an nfl roster. Why are we clinging to fucking Peart and Lemieux???? The GM would have us believe this is the best they can do? My guess is at least Pugh would've been better this entire time at the very least.

3 minutes ago, mastershake said:

The other funny thing is relying on Ezeudu to be the backup LT because Peart would be more of a disaster at LT, even though Ezeudu has given up what, 5 sacks in 2 games now? So the logic must have been that Peart can only be worse than this (plus somehow worse than Neal)

I mean, Ezeudu, Peart, Lemieux...these are so obviously fucking practice squad caliber players at best right now; they're not even serviceable backups (which Seattle had but we did not). They don't belong on an nfl roster. Why are we clinging to fucking Peart and Lemieux???? The GM would have us believe this is the best they can do? My guess is at least Pugh would've been better this entire time at the very least.

The GM is keeping them around, but Daboll is the one not only playing Lemeiux, but starting him. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

The GM is keeping them around, but Daboll is the one not only playing Lemeiux, but starting him. 

Yes Daboll deserves blame as well. Plus I imagine he has input into the process to at least indicate what the needs are and who isn't good enough.

24 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Yes Daboll deserves blame as well. Plus I imagine he has input into the process to at least indicate what the needs are and who isn't good enough.

yeah Schoen isn’t going to cut a starter.