SportsWrath

Giants announce 53 man roster.

BlueInCanada

McFadden over Beavers, then again, maybe it was more Coughlin and Brown being ST guys that edged out Beavers

Not sure that Peart should've gotten a spot.

Time to go over the newly available an we if we can upgrade anywhere.

And some of those Safeties might be able to play CB in a pinch, so might have value there.

Don't get Peart. 

Hopefully Beavers gets on the practice squad. The way injuries happen these days you end up pulling guys up regularly.

I understand needing guys for special teams, but Cam Brown and Carter Coughlin have been here a while now and have never been anything but fringe. I think if a guy isn't showing an ability to play downs after a few years, you  might want to try someone else. 

That said , the rest of it is good and compared to last year, light years ahead.

No doubt that we should check on IOL at this point to see who might be available.  I don't take too much from preseason, but we have like 1st and 3rd string guys for offensive line...better than a year ago by far, but perfectly set up for a stop gap vet to come in for a year.

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – The Giants announced the first 12 members of their 16-player practice squad. Each of them was released by the team on Tuesday.

Four of them are veterans: Wide receiver Cole Beasley, linebacker Oshane Ximines, tackle Tyre Phillips, and cornerback Amani Oruwariye. Teams are permitted a maximum of six veterans on their practice squad.

Joining them are quarterback Tommy DeVito; tight end Ryan Jones; defensive tackle Ryder Anderson; linebackers Darrian Beavers, Tomon Fox and Dyontae Johnson; and defensive backs Alex Cook and Gemon Green.