SportsWrath

Dragon's 2023 Mock 1.0

Dragon

I completed this last night while I was at work. I once again used Pro Football Network's simulator as PFF is full of shit for hiding theirs behind a pay wall. Admittedly the simulator went a bit off the rails and I don't expect to get some of who I selected without trading up, but here we go...

25: Joey Porter Jr. CB Penn St. 6'2" 193lbs

57: Cedric Tillman WR Tennessee 6'3" 213lbs

89: Joe Tippmann C Wisconsin 6'6" 313lbs

128: Henry To'o To'o LB Alabama 6'1" 227lbs

160: Kenny McIntosh RB Georgia 6'0" 204lbs

172: Andrei Iosivas (Yo-shi-vash) WR Princeton 6'3" 205lbs

209: Thomas Incoom EDGE Central Michigan 6'2" 262lbs

240: Byron Young DT Alabama 6'3" 294lbs

243: Bumper Pool LB Arkansas 6'2" 235lbs

254: Caleb Murphy EDGE 6'3" 254lbs Ferris St

After a certain point I was just picking names at positions I feel we need to improve, especially since I don't believe we're gonna make all 10 picks. I'm keeping an eye on the 2 small school guys in the mock (Iosivas and Murphy). Iosivas was a gamer, albeit at an Ivy League school and Murphy recorded 25 sacks this passed season. Gimme 1/3 of that on a regular basis and I'd be ecstatic. 

Anyway... lmk what you guys think. 

Would love Porter in the 1st but don't see that happening.  Highly doubt he goes below 20 and I don't want to trade up for anyone this year.

Tippman is a guy I have an eye on too.  Love the idea of IOL in 1st 3 rds.

Byron Young is a guy that site has ranked low but I think that might be wrong.  If he is there, absolutely take him.

Late round RB I like is the cat out of Minnesota...Ibrahim.

All that said, like your postion choices except I think S and backup QB should be sprinkled in.

4 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Would love Porter in the 1st but don't see that happening.  Highly doubt he goes below 20 and I don't want to trade up for anyone this year.

Tippman is a guy I have an eye on too.  Love the idea of IOL in 1st 3 rds.

Byron Young is a guy that site has ranked low but I think that might be wrong.  If he is there, absolutely take him.

Late round RB I like is the cat out of Minnesota...Ibrahim.

All that said, like your postion choices except I think S and backup QB should be sprinkled in.

Idt Porter gets by Washington, and if he does Pittsburgh is right there and that story writes itself. 

For S I'm keeping an eye on my guy from Florida State, Jammie Robinson. 

I was thinking grab a project QB but the only one I'm looking at in that role would be Dorian Thompson-Robinson from UCLA and someone took him. 

2 hours ago, Nas said:

I’m not sure Tippman is going be on the board at 89.

Yeah Tippman is a day one starter and it would be great if he fell but I could see a team grabbing him even at the end of round 1 since  he's one of if not the best centers in the draft.

240: Byron Young DT Alabama 6'3" 294lbs

Ive seen this guy mentioned a lot in the "sleeper picks" pundit articles.

Run stuffer who suffers from his lack of pass rushing but could be a tremendous talent and rotation player when you need to get a hog molly onto the Dline to stuff the run.

I think post combine/proday his grade has gone up because of his size/athleticism.

Tbh, the Tippmann pick was me taking the best available C at the time and that's just how the board fell. I have my eye on literally 8 different guys we can take at C. It's the same with the Porter pick. He's my ideal pick (unless by some miracle, Gonzalez or Witherspoon drop to 25), but I seriously doubt he'll be there. 

1 hour ago, NeMesiS said:

Tippman in the 3rd? Hmm that a little low. Especially some mocks have him going in the first. 

None of it is an exact science. Hell, Schrager had Jonathan Mingo going in the 1st in his mock and I haven't seen this guy earlier than day 3. 

On 4/17/2023 at 5:45 PM, Dragon said:

Tbh, the Tippmann pick was me taking the best available C at the time and that's just how the board fell. I have my eye on literally 8 different guys we can take at C. It's the same with the Porter pick. He's my ideal pick (unless by some miracle, Gonzalez or Witherspoon drop to 25), but I seriously doubt he'll be there. 

Given our draft capital, I wouldn’t mind moving up the draft board a few slots to grab Porter if he’s still on the board by the 20the pick.

Love the WR pick too.    

On 4/18/2023 at 7:42 AM, mastershake said:

No love for LSU?

The SEC is a pro ready league.  Just think that you can be a second stringer on those 2 teams and be good to go in the NFL. Don't think LSU has that level now, maybe in the next year or so. Georgia is sick deep.

2 hours ago, boohyah said:

The SEC is a pro ready league.  Just think that you can be a second stringer on those 2 teams and be good to go in the NFL. Don't think LSU has that level now, maybe in the next year or so. Georgia is sick deep.

True, LSU isn't as deep as GA and AL this year, for sure.

SEC is definitely a freakin NFL factory.