SportsWrath

Denver trades for Sean Payton

Herc

On 2/1/2023 at 7:29 AM, GorillaNJ said:

It blows my mind that a team would give up a first round draft pic for a coach.   Even the best coaches struggle without good players.   A mediocre coach can become a good/very good coach with the right talent on the field

True. Just ask Nick Sirianni.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

People forget how this guy looked when Kerry Collins and Quincy Carter were his team's QBs. 

The ego on Payton too.

Calling out Hackett at the start of the season saying it's the worst coaching jobs he's ever seen.

Meanwhile they just got 70 dropped on them.

lol I love the NFL.

49 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

The ego on Payton too.

Calling out Hackett at the start of the season saying it's the worst coaching jobs he's ever seen.

Meanwhile they just got 70 dropped on them.

lol I love the NFL.

Yeah you know if a team hangs 70 on you, its more than just what is happening on the field.    

The cynic in me wonders if it has to do with someone making $$$$ on fantasy , but I like the idea of a slighted coach sticking it another.

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah I mean Getty butchered the team but atleast he didn't trade future draft capitol for a washed up QB. 

The Giants at least have assets to work with, and can get out of the DJ contract after 2024 without too bad of a cap hit.

The Broncos on the other hand not only need an overhaul/rebuild but traded away some key assets, plus can't see any cap savings on Wilson until 2026.

Giants cap space for 2024 is around $43M while the broncos is -$19M lol