SportsWrath

Giants are among NFL's worst in pass rush win rate

jranieli

7 minutes ago, jranieli said:

I imagine that's where we go in next years draft. We have no impact DE whatsoever. 

Honestly you can pretty much close your eyes and point and take that position.  We have a good to decent LT, DT, and WR, and that's it. 

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Guys trust the process not the results.

We may be the worst defense right now but that doesn't matter.

It's the process of becoming the worst defense that matters.  

Sure, blame the 2nd year coach for the entire roster.     

37 minutes ago, Nas said:

Sure, blame the 2nd year coach for the entire roster.     

Are you fucking nuts? lol 

He's the HC, he hired the guys who are coaching the defense, he okays the game plan, he helps coach these guys, he okays the starters out there. 

That's like saying Graham isn't reaponsible for the defense because it's the position coaches not doing their jobs lol 

2 hours ago, jranieli said:

That second chart highlights the problem with the D.

It should temper our enthusiasm regarding Ojulari as well. He's gotten home a few times, but on the whole is nowhere near the play. (....Really? I don't feel like that is what I am seeing.)

It would be interesting to see where Leo Williams rates.

51 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

It should temper our enthusiasm regarding Ojulari as well. He's gotten home a few times, but on the whole is nowhere near the play. (....Really? I don't feel like that is what I am seeing.)

I was pretty stoked with three sacks out of him to be honest.  Young pass rushers just don't tend to set the world on fire right away.  I wanna say the last one that did was Julius Peppers, and he's been retired for what... three years?  Even Chase Young only had seven last year. 

Oh yay more stats.

So is anyone surprised by those numbers and do they simply conclude our pass rushers are terrible and we must draft a pass rusher three years ago but Gettleman needs to go and everyone can go with him.  :cry:

I continue to think the team has gotten better week to week and as the pass defense tightens up, the sack numbers will too and the silly metric/chart up there.

Wish I could tell you that I'm surprised at the play to date of Carter/Ximines so far.   

16 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

He's shown quite a bit for a rookie.    

11 hours ago, Tempest said:

Oh yay more stats.

So is anyone surprised by those numbers and do they simply conclude our pass rushers are terrible and we must draft a pass rusher three years ago but Gettleman needs to go and everyone can go with him.  :cry:

I continue to think the team has gotten better week to week and as the pass defense tightens up, the sack numbers will too and the silly metric/chart up there.

Wish I could tell you that I'm surprised at the play to date of Carter/Ximines so far.   

I do agree that this team is improving... and I like what I see.   I can not however excuse quite a bit of DG's decisions in drafting and signing FAs.    

6 hours ago, Nas said:

I do agree that this team is improving... and I like what I see.   I can not however excuse quite a bit of DG's decisions in drafting and signing FAs.    

Dude, there has never been a NY GM that any of us agreed with when it comes to drafting and signing FAs.  George Young, Ernie Accorsi, Jerry Reese; they all had a couple of great players they drafted or FA signing. Most of the players they drafted were average, some were bad and others were simply criminal.

Gettleman was drafting and signing guys for one head coach his staff and is now drafting players for another head coach and his staff.  He had to clean house to bring in players and some were signed by Reese for another head coach.  It has been a crazy four years:  Sterling Shepard is the longest tenured player on the NY Giants at 6 seasons.  He has had 4 head coaches, 2 starting QBs, etc.

Just now, Tempest said:

Dude, there has never been a NY GM that any of us agreed with when it comes to drafting and signing FAs.  George Young, Ernie Accorsi, Jerry Reese; they all had a couple of great players they drafted or FA signing. Most of the players they drafted were average, some were bad and others were simply criminal.

Gettleman was drafting and signing guys for one head coach his staff and is now drafting players for another head coach and his staff.  He had to clean house to bring in players and some were signed by Reese for another head coach.  It has been a crazy four years:  Sterling Shepard is the longest tenured player on the NY Giants at 6 seasons.  He has had 4 head coaches, 2 starting QBs, etc.

I understand and agree.   I think my discontent comes from drafting guys like Barkley (while arguably a good player) before addressing the OLine which is needed for anyone, including RB, to be successful in the offense.    

8 minutes ago, Nas said:

I understand and agree.   I think my discontent comes from drafting guys like Barkley (while arguably a good player) before addressing the OLine which is needed for anyone, including RB, to be successful in the offense.    

Thing with the offensive line is that it wasn't one player away from good in 2018 and we needed five.  Taking Quenton Nelson at 2?  We would still be terrible and the record would be worse.  Barkley makes the team better offensively (he moves the chains, scores points, etc.)  I think we have four of the five right now.

5 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

Know who's pass rush win rate isn't worst in the league?

My man Hassan Reddick.

I think I'm gonna root for the Panthers for the rest of the year sincerely they seem to be the only team listening to me.

We wanted their head coach too.  But we didn’t want to match their offer, so we settled for Judge.