SportsWrath

"Oh, two percent chance to win the NFC East. That's not very good."

jranieli

5 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

2% of teams who have started 0 and 3 have made the playoffs. 

That's all time in the NFL.

It's not nonsense it's statistics.

Oh is that where the 2% chance is coming from, the history of 0-3 teams? ....it wasn't based on the actual 2021 schedule?

Because 0% of those 0-3 teams that didn't make the playoffs played in a division as bad as the 2021 NFC East. I don't think those historical numbers, if they're truly that context free, are useful for this division this season. 

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

Oh is that where the 2% chance is coming from, the history of 0-3 teams? ....it wasn't based on the actual 2021 schedule?

Because 0% of those 0-3 teams that didn't make the playoffs played in a division as bad as the 2021 NFC East. I don't think those historical numbers, if they're truly that context free, are useful for this division this season. 

Thank you.

Numbers don't lie yo  

I'm sure some of those teams were in divisions "just as bad" as this year's NFC East. 

Also why do people think the Cowboys are a bad team?  

But it is what it is. 

56 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Numbers don't lie yo  

I'm sure some of those teams were in divisions "just as bad" as this year's NFC East. 

Also why do people think the Cowboys are a bad team?  

But it is what it is. 

I don't know if they're a bad team, but I'm equally unsure if they're a good team. They have a talented roster, but their coach is Mike McCarthy, so I wouldn't wager on anything better than mediocre. 

I can't recall a division worse than the NFC East has been the last couple seasons. Maybe the NFC West back when they were sending .500 teams to the playoffs? Ooh, '72, the AFC East. That's probably how far back we have to go. 

I don't know if they're a bad team, but I'm equally unsure if they're a good team. They have a talented roster, but their coach is Mike McCarthy, so I wouldn't wager on anything better than mediocre. 

I can't recall a division worse than the NFC East has been the last couple seasons. Maybe the NFC West back when they were sending .500 teams to the playoffs? Ooh, '72, the AFC East. That's probably how far back we have to go. 

The Cowboys are a great team year after year... America's team even... and they haven't won shit since we had dial-up internet.    I'll take the Giants any fucking day.. twice on Sundays (ok not these Sundays but you get my drift :) )

Cowboys had a good offense last year, but defense set records for being shit....such shit that it more than made up for the offense and the lost a lot of games.

Then they get Parsons and have Diggs playing better and all of the sudden, people don't know why they're good.

They had a glaring problem and fixed it.  Giants have ignored LB and O Line, despite the world clamoring about how subpar they are.  Speaks to ownership and general management.

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

Cowboys had a good offense last year, but defense set records for being shit....such shit that it more than made up for the offense and the lost a lot of games.

Then they get Parsons and have Diggs playing better and all of the sudden, people don't know why they're good.

They had a glaring problem and fixed it.  Giants have ignored LB and O Line, despite the world clamoring about how subpar they are.  Speaks to ownership and general management.

Despite him being an egomaniac Jerry and Co seem to always draft well.

Granted they don't draft high character guys so it bites them in the ass but their draft picks consistently pan out and play well.

Meanwhile we have entire draft classes that are no longer in the NFL only after a few years lol 

21 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Granted they don't draft high character guys so it bites them in the ass but their draft picks consistently pan out and play well.

Meanwhile we have entire draft classes that are no longer in the NFL only after a few years lol 

I did a study years ago to document how shitty we are at drafting.  Took into account starts by draftees and performance by draftees.  More points for a 7th rounder that performed at same level as 1st rounder.  Wins & losses taken inti account as well, but to lesser extent.  Numbers shook out exactly as expected.  Sure, a diamond in the rough here and there, but glaring misses were abundant whereas the successful teams were hitting much more consistently.

That was pre-DG.  I am sure it hasnt changed much

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

This... you are drafting cogs in a machine... not great characters.  This is an NFL team a bunch of gladiators without the killing not your local grocery store or the factory down the street.  If I am hiring for myself I want character... however teams need to hire the best guys for the role.  Fuck character.   Short of knifing each other in the locker room I could care less.  You think that baseball "god" Steinbrenner gave a shit about character? :laugh:

23 hours ago, gmenroc said:

I did a study years ago to document how shitty we are at drafting.  Took into account starts by draftees and performance by draftees.  More points for a 7th rounder that performed at same level as 1st rounder.  Wins & losses taken inti account as well, but to lesser extent.  Numbers shook out exactly as expected.  Sure, a diamond in the rough here and there, but glaring misses were abundant whereas the successful teams were hitting much more consistently.

That was pre-DG.  I am sure it hasnt changed much

Agreed.