SportsWrath

Martinez out for the year with torn acl

Mr. P

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

Yep.

Fifteenth hamstring this season definitely has me saying "maybe it's time to have a look at Judge's conditioning program."

Yes.  As I've alluded to before... driving players to the ground isn't conditioning them... it's literally the opposite.     They are the athletes... maybe the out of shape coaches should run with them to see what it feels like to be sore from the previous game and has to practice... if your body isn't rested, you're bound to underperform and has a higher risk for more injuries... 

35 minutes ago, Nas said:

Yes.  As I've alluded to before... driving players to the ground isn't conditioning them... it's literally the opposite.     They are the athletes... maybe the out of shape coaches should run with them to see what it feels like to be sore from the previous game and has to practice... if your body isn't rested, you're bound to underperform and has a higher risk for more injuries... 

Logan Ryan limited with a hamstring too.

LOL

14 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Logan Ryan limited with a hamstring too.

LOL

Sounds to me like players are being over-extended.    I remember my very first pulled hamstring back in 2001.... it was so fucking bad I went to the ER... the doctor told me to do NOTHING for 3 full weeks... no massaging.. no stretching no running... walk slowly etc... I did my best (but still did things I shouldn't have done).   on the 20th day, I went clubbing and and a blast... woke up after less than 2 hours of sleep (body is hard wired to wake up early)... did laundry and all the weekend morning errands.. then went to play football that afternoon... and boom... I was back in the ER again... the doctor was adamant almost yelling at me like he's yelling at his son... "Didn't I tell you... ".... I said I did.. "he said I didn't say to go all out partying and then going full speed football again... "

I've had those hamstring pulls/tears... not fun... fucking brutal... when I see a player with that it's usually one or a combination of these two: Overworking the muscle and not letting it rest... or not stretching it properly... I can deal with the latter because when I was young I thought I was super man and didn't need stretch THAT much... This is fucking brutal and I hope Judge learns to fucking back off sometimes.    

11 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Jeeeusssus... Or Jesus.. 

I'm Muslim and I find myself saying exactly that... 

15 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I wonder if hamstrings are an easy way out of playing for a shit team.

I suggested a week ago that players would start getting "injured".  If we were 3-0, I bet we wouldn't hear about half these hammys

Don't guys get checked out by teams and league medics?

If a player is on an injury report I know at the least the teams have to send information to the league about it.

I mean could very well be the case, but I got to assume teams can easily test out if a guy is faking it or not.

Yeah, I'm sure the team docs keep an eye on them, but they could experience "soreness" or "tightening" that docs may not be able to measure.

They're not claiming tears...they could be measured.  Just seems ambiguous and easy to fake...but then again, I'm no doctor

14 hours ago, Nas said:

Sounds to me like players are being over-extended.    I remember my very first pulled hamstring back in 2001.... it was so fucking bad I went to the ER... the doctor told me to do NOTHING for 3 full weeks... no massaging.. no stretching no running... walk slowly etc... I did my best (but still did things I shouldn't have done).   on the 20th day, I went clubbing and and a blast... woke up after less than 2 hours of sleep (body is hard wired to wake up early)... did laundry and all the weekend morning errands.. then went to play football that afternoon... and boom... I was back in the ER again... the doctor was adamant almost yelling at me like he's yelling at his son... "Didn't I tell you... ".... I said I did.. "he said I didn't say to go all out partying and then going full speed football again... "

I've had those hamstring pulls/tears... not fun... fucking brutal... when I see a player with that it's usually one or a combination of these two: Overworking the muscle and not letting it rest... or not stretching it properly... I can deal with the latter because when I was young I thought I was super man and didn't need stretch THAT much... This is fucking brutal and I hope Judge learns to fucking back off sometimes.    

I'm Muslim and I find myself saying exactly that... 

:laugh:  Yeah man... say Issa all night long.  :laugh:

4 hours ago, gmenroc said:

I wonder if hamstrings are an easy way out of playing for a shit team.

I suggested a week ago that players would start getting "injured".  If we were 3-0, I bet we wouldn't hear about half these hammys

This... they are like back injuries and they can't be figured out through tests or scans.  Based entirely on self-reports.

15 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Yeah, I'm sure the team docs keep an eye on them, but they could experience "soreness" or "tightening" that docs may not be able to measure.

They're not claiming tears...they could be measured.  Just seems ambiguous and easy to fake...but then again, I'm no doctor

That's true, not like we didn't see this with Golden Tate and his mystery injuries.

13 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

If I am a pro player fuck Judge and his bullshit.  I have to preserve the product... ME.... coaches come and go.

I think coaches should run with the players... while I don't expect coaches to be as in great shape, I expect them to do what they ask others to do... I'm amazed at how some still think the more you do of something, the better you get at it... too much of anything is not good.. that includes working... and don't even get me started about the guy who brags about being in the gym 7 days a week.