SportsWrath

Martinez out for the year with torn acl

Mr. P

2 hours ago, gmenroc said:

You could do 7 dyas/week so long as you are alternating arms/legs/core.

Point that muscles need to rebuild/repair is valid tho

True that... alternating muscle groups is good and works.  It takes up time for me and I hate writing down what I do to keep track.  So I always believed in one day on and one day off.

7 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Your body has to rest and repair.  You are right.  The exercise ratio should be at least three times a week and never more than five times a week.  The sweet spot for most is four times a week.  :TU:

Spot on... and even then.. you're probably working the same muscle group twice a week anyway... but there are days where you absolutely have to just rest... "Your body is built while you're resting on the couch not in the gym" (I don't know who said it but it stuck with me for 2 decades now)

On 10/3/2021 at 6:43 PM, Nas said:

Spot on... and even then.. you're probably working the same muscle group twice a week anyway... but there are days where you absolutely have to just rest... "Your body is built while you're resting on the couch not in the gym" (I don't know who said it but it stuck with me for 2 decades now)

Something I have been following for more than 30 years starting at 25.  Now I am at 57.