SportsWrath

Day 2 "Best Remaining" thread. Who do you have your eye on?

Sephiroth

LT - Ezra Cleveland or Josh Jones - can't believe these guys are still here. Both need a little polish but both should be quality NFL starters. 

DE A.J. Epaneza - I think a power DE in the Michael Strahan mold would do really well on the team. Kind of a cross between Strahan and when Keith Hamilton played DE early in his career. Seems to win with raw determination. 

LB Zack Baun - another guy I thought would be gone. Can play the run or rush the passer from the LB position. Gettleman understands that in the NFL you're allowed to do both with LBs. 

WR Tee Higgins - I have this guy slightly above Michael Pittman. We finally get the tall WR we've been missing since Plax. Dude wins jump balls, period.  If we pass I hope Chase Claypool is somehow still there in the 3rd.

Who are your picks? 

Also Okwara is a name to throw out there.

He's probably the worst defender I've seen play the run but he's probably one of the most gifted pass rushers I've seen coming out of the draft.

The guy just causes havoc on the edge getting to the QB.

I think it's a 1/3 of his tackles have gone for a loss.

Big question is do we trust Nick Gates at RT? I do not trust Spencer Pulley as a starting C

Round 2 targets

C Lloyd Cushenberry

S Xavier McKinney

DE/EDGE Yetur Gross Matos

CB Jaylon Johnson

S Grant Delpit

S Antoine Winfield Jr

LB Zack Baun

LB Logan Wilson

Round 3

DE/EDGE Jonathan Greenard 

EDGE Jabari Zuniga

EDGE Bryce Huff

C Matt Hennessy

TE Harrison Bryant

WR Chase Claypool

OT Ben Bartch

OT Lucas Niang

S Terrell Burgess

30 minutes ago, Pdouble said:

Unless someone gets hurt I don’t see Gates as starting OT.  

Yeah Solder is starting at LT and Thomas will start the year at RT.

I think we can find a starting center in Cushenburry and Hennessy.

I mocked Hennessy to the Giants in the third round.

Baun-Plays the Kyle Van Noy role for Graham

Jeremy Chinn-Simmons lite, erases TE’s can blitz, be the nickel backer 

Michael Pittman Jr WR USC-Need a X receiver that can also get vertical 

Chase Claypool WR Notre Dame-might be a bit high at 36, man that Leonard Williams would of been great to have tonight

Cushenberry-Again 36 might be high and again that 68th pick would of been nice 

Matt Hennessy C Temple-Jersey kid who went to Don Bosco, again probably the same as Cushenberry 36 is high but he won’t be there at 99 

Tyler Biadasz-Fits Garrett/Colombo who had a Wisconsin center in Frederick, injury history is a bit troublesome and he might end up being Richburg all over again 

Nick Harris C Washington-Athletic center who can get to the second level,  not much of a mauler though 

K’von Wallace S Clemson-Rangy safety who’s a bit undersized but has terrific balls skill the deep half safety they have needed for awhile 

Kyle Murphy C/G Rhode Island-Athletic finisher with long arms has played four different spots on the OL would fit the ZBS well 

3 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

LT - Ezra Cleveland or Josh Jones - can't believe these guys are still here. Both need a little polish but both should be quality NFL starters. 

DE A.J. Epaneza - I think a power DE in the Michael Strahan mold would do really well on the team. Kind of a cross between Strahan and when Keith Hamilton played DE early in his career. Seems to win with raw determination. 

LB Zack Baun - another guy I thought would be gone. Can play the run or rush the passer from the LB position. Gettleman understands that in the NFL you're allowed to do both with LBs. 

WR Tee Higgins - I have this guy slightly above Michael Pittman. We finally get the tall WR we've been missing since Plax. Dude wins jump balls, period.  If we pass I hope Chase Claypool is somehow still there in the 3rd.

Who are your picks? 

I have Josh Jones on my mock and I am sticking with it. 

Gross-Matos / Davidson 2nd rd

Biadasz Cushenberry 3rd rd

I think  it may be  Biadasz in the second though and Davidson in the third

Gettleman " We want to fix this offensive line once and for all"

Have to go after Zach Baun here, we need the help.  It is tempting to go after another OT but I think it is a luxury to draft two offensive tackles this year.  I would see Love get more action in at Safety because I think he can be the answer at the position.

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

Have to go after Zach Baun here, we need the help.  It is tempting to go after another OT but I think it is a luxury to draft two offensive tackles this year.  I would see Love get more action in at Safety because I think he can be the answer at the position.

Yeah Love and Peppers are the safeties of the future IMO.

Love did really well, almost better than Peppers when he was out.

38 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah Love and Peppers are the safeties of the future IMO.

Love did really well, almost better than Peppers when he was out.

Not sold on Peppers yet, I still see him as a salary cap fill in player.  I know that Gettleman has him down as one of his core players but I wonder if Judge & Graham does.