SportsWrath

Giants have 7th easiest schedule.

BlueInCanada

According to the whole previous years teams W/L

Together opponents combined for 123-132-1 record.

If Judge can bring this team to 7 and 9 or 8 and 8 it would be a massive step forward and he would have fan support for the next few years, or to be honest us Giants fans only one lol

1 hour ago, Storm said:

Meh, precedent has been set. Judge gets two years. He better be at .500 this season and winning the division the next. 

At least Mara has come out and said he's going to give Judge more time.

Now if he actually does this is the real test.

Or I guess we just hope he dies in the next 30 years so we can get an owner with some patience. 

On 2/13/2020 at 12:04 AM, CrazedDogs said:

the 49ers sucked in 2018. Going into 2019, based on the same analysis that started this thread, everyone with the 49ers on their schedule thought that meant they had 'an easy schedule'. 

Thank you. The strength of schedule shit is absolute nonsense....and especially at this stage. Neither draft nor FA is even done yet. Injuries not withstanding to boot. Every fucking team in the NFL fights to win every week and nothing is easy.

Judge should aim at a division title this year itself - if only we can fix the OL, DL, Secondary, WRs, LBers and play calling :D

6 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Thank you. The strength of schedule shit is absolute nonsense....and especially at this stage. Neither draft nor FA is even done yet. Injuries not withstanding to boot. Every fucking team in the NFL fights to win every week and nothing is easy.

Judge should aim at a division title this year itself - if only we can fix the OL, DL, Secondary, WRs, LBers and play calling :D

But wild swing in record are pretty rare in the NFL maybe one or two teams at most drastically improve their W/L record.

Most teams finish withing a game or two of where they were the year after.

"nothing is easy" - you can say that but I'd gladly take a schedule of teams under .500 ever weekend.

15 hours ago, Storm said:

Meh, precedent has been set. Judge gets two years. He better be at .500 this season and winning the division the next. 

I think we're above .500 this coming season... team improves... addition of a few solid FA... plus draft..

3 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

is it rare if it happens almost every year? We never know which team it will be, but it seems like there's always some team that turns it around. 

Like I said in my post one or maybe two teams at most have a drastic swing in W/L where it's more than 4 or 5 games won or lost form the previous years.

While like I said the majority of NFL teams finish within maybe two games of last year's record.

It's not hard to imagine the Skins who were 3-13? at best going 5 and 11 or at worst 1-15.

You won't see them suddenly go 14-2.

3 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Like I said in my post one or maybe two teams at most have a drastic swing in W/L where it's more than 4 or 5 games won or lost form the previous years.

While like I said the majority of NFL teams finish within maybe two games of last year's record.

It's not hard to imagine the Skins who were 3-13? at best going 5 and 11 or at worst 1-15.

You won't see them suddenly go 14-2.

oh well not the 'Skins, for sure. lol

On 2/14/2020 at 8:20 PM, CrazedDogs said:

is it rare if it happens almost every year? We never know which team it will be, but it seems like there's always some team that turns it around. 

Unfortunately - we are spoilt since we have been waiting for the Giants to turn it around for 5 years now and they still havent it - so we feel everyone else will fart just like us - and hence we get cheap thrills over 'strength of schedule' posts. For a team that had under 5 wins the last 2 seasons - NO SCHEDULE is easy - the shittiest of shitty teams will have a legitimate shot at beating the Giants every fucking week

Keeping the staff together along with personnel is very important. Hardly any team that has a new staff, many new players..whether young guys  drafted or veterans acquired from another team, seem to do well.

it takes more than two years...especially with the turnover of roster players along with coaches. Gettleman should know that. Maybe he finally got the right staff..now it’s about developing the young players and keeping the team together so they grow together. And know each other well. They can get in sync.