SportsWrath

I think I might be ready to give up on Will Hernandez

Dragon

I've never seen so much lack of effort and lack of awareness in my life. How many sacks is it going to take before he realizes that he needs to pick up the DE looping around on a stunt? When is he going to learn that you block from the inside out? When is he going to learn to NOT pass off a blitzing DB to a C with a DT lined up over his nose? 

Maybe I'm pissed off about another loss to the Eagles. Maybe it's the fact that we've all had to watch another lost season added on to what seems coming close to a full decade of them. Idk... and I'm singling Hernandez out because I had tons of hope for him coming out so college but at some point it stops being "the Giants are bad at handling stunts" and it becomes "the Giants OL isnt good enough for smart enough to adjust to them."

5 hours ago, Dragon said:

I've never seen so much lack of effort and lack of awareness in my life. How many sacks is it going to take before he realizes that he needs to pick up the DE looping around on a stunt? When is he going to learn that you block from the inside out? When is he going to learn to NOT pass off a blitzing DB to a C with a DT lined up over his nose? 

Maybe I'm pissed off about another loss to the Eagles. Maybe it's the fact that we've all had to watch another lost season added on to what seems coming close to a full decade of them. Idk... and I'm singling Hernandez out because I had tons of hope for him coming out so college but at some point it stops being "the Giants are bad at handling stunts" and it becomes "the Giants OL isnt good enough for smart enough to adjust to them."

I never saw lack of effort from Hernandez... Effort is about all he brought to the table today though. 

Is he smart enough is definitely the question....

On 12/30/2019 at 1:55 AM, CrazedDogs said:

I never saw lack of effort from Hernandez... Effort is about all he brought to the table today though. 

Is he smart enough is definitely the question....

I'm honestly not sure what effort you saw. I saw him blatantly allowing pressure and not even attempting to put hands on stunting or blitzing defenders. It was horrid, but I hope you guys are right. I want him to succeed. I've been hoping for a really good and nasty guard since Snee retired, but maybe with a more competent OL coach he'll improve and become what all of us are hoping for. 

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

I'm honestly not sure what effort you saw. I saw him blatantly allowing pressure and not even attempting to put hands on stunting or blitzing defenders. It was horrid, but I hope you guys are right. I want him to succeed. I've been hoping for a really good and nasty guard since Snee retired, but maybe with a more competent OL coach he'll improve and become what all of us are hoping for. 

It wasn't like he was letting up out there, he never stops his feet... he just didn't see those guys twisting around. 

a couple of them were so damn ugly though. I commented in the game thread, there was one play that he turned his back completely to his responsibility and started helping out Halapio…. he's always moving, he's always hitting... the constant about Hernandez back into college is he's always looking for someone to hit... the problem there is, instead of looking for someone to hit, he should really be looking for who he's supposed to block. That is coachable, I hope-think.... 

8 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Fun fact.

According to PFF Hernandez played every single snap this year on offence.

Know how many sacks he's accredited for giving up?

Zero.

Not bad for a "bust" 

PFF also has Dwayne Haskins rated as a better QB than Daniel Jones.

I'm hoping Hernandez proves me wrong, but Sunday was horrific. And again... I'm singling him out because I expected him to be way better than he's played. 

My "Hot Take" on Hernandez is that he "regressed" due to Solder dying out there. If you can go back and watch some of the games. You will see a lot of times that when Hernandez missed his block is because he was trying to cleanup a Solder miss and try to get back to his spot but to late.