SportsWrath

Wide receiver

Storm

The Giants need someone to pair with Darius Slayton. He’s a clear Y. Shepard and Tate can fight it out for the slot, possession role and my money goes with Shepard. The Lions and Eagles both saw it. He gets open once per game. Tate is done. Who are some second or third round wide receivers? Anyone in free agency? It’s not a pressing need but the Giants need a number one. It’s just a fact. 

If Young doesn't declare I'm fully ready for the Giants to draft Jerry Jeudy with their first.

I think Shepard and Slayton can both play outside neither should be assigned a simple outside or slot guy.

Hopefully whoever the next guy calling the plays is used what 99% of the league now does and constantly moves their WRs around in different positions to create mismatches.

I do agree though Tate is done.

Jerry Jeudy | WR | Alabama

Height | 6-1

Weight | 192

College Bio Page

Career Stats

Strengths

Simply put, Jeudy might just be the most talented wide receiver to enter the NFL draft in quite some time.

His athleticism is off the charts. A quick-twitch athlete with top-notch burst, agility and straight-line speed, Jeudy is a challenge for anyone to cover based off of his raw athleticism alone. When he gets the ball in his hands, he is a threat to break free on nearly every play. He has stellar lateral agility in the open field, and his vision as a ball carrier allows him to exploit open running lanes in space.

That’s not even considering his elite route-running intelligence, as his understanding of how to create separation might be better than any wide out in the class. He does a great job of using hand techniques to separate from defensive backs, and he is able to attack leverage points based off of their alignment, stemming his routes at an elite level. Jeudy’s ability to sink and flip his hips is incredible, and it allows him to easily deceive cornerbacks and shed their coverage.

Weaknesses

There aren’t many glaring holes in Jeudy’s skillset, but his play strength could be improved. He carries a skinny frame, and his dominance in space isn’t entirely matched when he’s in press-man coverage with a physical cornerback. He’s still very good when battling press, but bulking up a little bit would diversify his releases in those situations.

Jeudy also isn’t going to be a team’s top option in jump-ball situations. He has decent length, but there are going to be more aggressive and physically imposing receivers for his quarterback to throw to when those plays are necessary.

Bottom Line

With blazing straight-line speed, dangerous lateral agility and arguably the best route-running abilities in the class, Jeudy possesses sky-high upside and the potential to become an All-Pro in the future. He should be an immediate difference-maker for whichever team drafts him.

Projection: Top 10

Maybe

A lot remains to be determined as to the direction of the team.  Tate is far from done, he's right behind Slayton in production.  Going into the season Tate was an older version of Shepard and unfortunately Shepard was out numerous games due to concussion so Tate filled in nicely.  Giants have an out to cancel his contract going forward voiding the next three years of it but I think they hold onto him.

Giants definitely need another speedy WR and if we can get a guy with size, it would be a bonus.

I got drawn to Pittman cause I've been yearning for another "Plax" type WR that can out-physical and out-size a DB and at 6'4" 220lbs he certainly can. As far as I'm concerned I don't see Shep as anything more than a slot. He's too unreliable as far as his health goes and Tate was never a long term solution to me. I would love to get a 6'3"-6'4" WR in here to pair with Slayton and then leave Shep in the slot. To me that's the next Plax, Toomer and Smith. 

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

I got drawn to Pittman cause I've been yearning for another "Plax" type WR that can out-physical and out-size a DB and at 6'4" 220lbs he certainly can. As far as I'm concerned I don't see Shep as anything more than a slot. He's too unreliable as far as his health goes and Tate was never a long term solution to me. I would love to get a 6'3"-6'4" WR in here to pair with Slayton and then leave Shep in the slot. To me that's the next Plax, Toomer and Smith. 

That's a good plan.

Back on Tate, at this point I love to have him as a backup to Shep and as a returner. But if he's starting, then I'm real worried about our WRs.

Hell, Slayton is the only guy we have that can separate on the outside, at all. That's almost as big a problem as our pass protection miscommunications.

45 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Interesting that Engram doesn't seem to be part of anyone's plans anymore. 

Setting aside his injury issues, I wonder if he has trouble playing the ball in the air... Seems he's only ever used on extremely short passing plays, and that defenses may key on that. 

He's been out more games then he's played.

And he's part of the old regime before Getty so it's basically a death sentence for the guy at this point.

Can't build a winning team around a guy who might be on the field 8 games a year.

It's like that safety the Colts had..... Sanders? Back in the Manning days.

He was like a league leader in tackles and run defense but he was often hurt and they couldn't rely on him being there for them in important games.

I really loved AJ Brown last year. Reminded me of Nicks and will probably crack 1k yards this upcoming weekend. 

If we could somehow trade down to like 4-5 and get a guy like Jeudy, gain an extra 1st and maybe regain our 3rd for the inexplicable Williams trade I'd be OK with it. 

30 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I really loved AJ Brown last year. Reminded me of Nicks and will probably crack 1k yards this upcoming weekend. 

If we could somehow trade down to like 4-5 and get a guy like Jeudy, gain an extra 1st and maybe regain our 3rd for the inexplicable Williams trade I'd be OK with it. 

If the Giants beat the Redskins then you can probably bet they are sitting at 4 or 5 anyways and lost out on Young.

Not to mention Getty has never traded down in a draft.

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

He's been out more games then he's played.

And he's part of the old regime before Getty so it's basically a death sentence for the guy at this point.

Can't build a winning team around a guy who might be on the field 8 games a year.

It's like that safety the Colts had..... Sanders? Back in the Manning days.

He was like a league leader in tackles and run defense but he was often hurt and they couldn't rely on him being there for them in important games.

Well sure, the injuries are a death sentence for a pro football career. Just aside from that, I'm not sure why Engram has been running Rhett Ellison's routes. 

22 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

Well sure, the injuries are a death sentence for a pro football career. Just aside from that, I'm not sure why Engram has been running Rhett Ellison's routes. 

Shurmur has never used his TEs in any sort of fashion other than being extra blockers and third down targets.

It's why I've been saying for the past two years Engram needs to be moved to WR.

He isnt suited for TE in Shurmurs system.

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

He was the "TE to take the top off the defense with the seam route" but the next time he runs the seam route will be his first. 

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

If the Giants beat the Redskins then you can probably bet they are sitting at 4 or 5 anyways and lost out on Young.

Not to mention Getty has never traded down in a draft.

Yeah I know. A guy can hope though. 

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

He was the "TE to take the top off the defense with the seam route" but the next time he runs the seam route will be his first. 

Exactly. Play action to the TE up the seam should be a staple of this offense, with these players. 

And how can an offense with so many bootlegs not compliment that with stretch runs?

I don't understand this offense at all.

Giants cant even afford to consider ANYONE other than the best OL or DL players available no matter where they pick. Whats the point of the Jeudy if Danny doesnt have more than 2 sec to throw the ball? Its gotta be Young - if not Young, then that OL and from there on best available player in those positions for the first 2 rounds anyway. After that they can look at a best available player type scenario.