SportsWrath

NY vs PHI (unofficial thread)

jerseygiantfan

Now I know for a fact that the Giants are tanking.

Ertz was blanketed all of the first half. Giants were playing good football. Then at halftime, they decided OK lets tank for the draft. Eagles had no WRs and everyone and their grandmothers knew that all Giants had to do was double Ertz and shut him down. But nooooo - Giants let him run free and then called some shitty offensive series to essentially lose the game. Giants are tanking for the No.2 spot for sure

7 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Now I know for a fact that the Giants are tanking.

Ertz was blanketed all of the first half. Giants were playing good football. Then at halftime, they decided OK lets tank for the draft. Eagles had no WRs and everyone and their grandmothers knew that all Giants had to do was double Ertz and shut him down. But nooooo - Giants let him run free and then called some shitty offensive series to essentially lose the game. Giants are tanking for the No.2 spot for sure

I don't think the coaching staff is tanking. Although, if they're retained.... then maybe they were...

That just looked like they were severely out schemed to me. Down to just one receiver, but still moving the ball at will... unbelievable. 

I felt sure we would lose after the drive that the D's communication went to shit and the bigs seemed winded. In retrospect, I don't think they were winded..... I think they didn't know what to do - It may have been indecision rather than exhaustion, a recurring theme on defense.

An observation on BJ Hill.... He hasn't lived up to his rookie hype, and I wondered why until I got a good look at him yesterday... He's out of shape.

Good game for the rookie defensive backs. McFarland repeatedly stated incorrectly that Love replaced Peppers, but actually Bethea was benched for Love a week or two before Peppers was hurt. It's Bethea backing up Peppers. And his lack of speed doesn't hurt so bad when he's playing closer to the line. I'm optimistic about the Love Peppers back end next season. Beal had some rough snaps, but he played tough and made a few nice plays too. Baker turned in his best game yet.