SportsWrath

21 tackles, 1 FF, and zero sacks

BlueInCanada

We gave up a high third round pick (basically a second round pick) and a fifth, for so far 7 tackles (2 solo, 5 assisted) in three games.

I wonder why the Giants have been so irrelevant for the past 8 years. :confused:

Cant wait for the yes man Shurmur to be shown the door just to hire a bigger cuck in Garrett.

They have to resign him though. I mean really, there is no other option. They cant let the draft picks go with nothing in return.

That said. In my opinion, Chase Young instantly makes this team a contender. 

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

Even if they re-sign him, the draft picks were still a waste. We still wasted a 3rd and 4th in that scenario...and a high 3rd rounder at this rate, thus we gave up a premium pick for nothing.

That's my biggest thing.

That third round pick could be used to pick up a guy who fell out of the second round.

A starting OT or WR project.

Instead we got a fat DT who can't push the pocket and has really helped the defense rebound with his 7 tackles. 

Oh and is probably going to cost this team 8 to 10 million in cap space because we made the stupid fucking trade in the first place.

13 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

That's my biggest thing.

That third round pick could be used to pick up a guy who fell out of the second round.

A starting OT or WR project.

Instead we got a fat DT who can't push the pocket and has really helped the defense rebound with his 7 tackles. 

Oh and is probably going to cost this team 8 to 10 million in cap space because we made the stupid fucking trade in the first place.

Yes....or even the 3rd rounder and 4th/5th could have been used to trade up into the 2nd....or even back into the 1st.

So many options that we now don't have....cause we traded a 3rd and 4th/5th for a guy we could have just signed in the offseason anyway.

And who Getty is likely to overpay, along with Markus Golden. I won't be shocked to see 5 years, $70mm....ugh.

• BlueInCanada changed the title to 10 tackles and zero sacks
1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

Another week another 3 tackles.

Helping this defence hold the Packers to 31 points.

By the way the third round pick is going to within the top 65 at this point.

And we give the Jets a fourth round pick for when we resign him overpay him.

lol Getty.

Fixed.

4 minutes ago, Treehugger said:

Why would you say such a mean thing to your son?!

i come home and the vacuum is out, the cabinets are all opened, but no rug is actually vacuumed nor any dishes put away. He came really close though!

• BlueInCanada changed the title to 21 tackles, 1 FF, and zero sacks

https://www.nj.com/giants/2019/12/giants-trade-for-leonard-williams-looks-worse-than-ever-after-gm-dave-gettlemans-failed-justification.html

Giants general manager Dave Gettleman somehow managed to make the team’s midseason trade for Leonard Williams look worse, following Gettleman’s first public comments Tuesday, since trying to justify the move in a conversation with a team employee shortly after the trade deadline.

To recap: The 2-6 Giants traded a 2020 third-round pick and a conditional 2021 fifth-round pick that becomes a fourth-round choice if Williams re-signs this offseason.

Williams, 26 could have been had for nothing as a free agent in March. And still can be had for nothing by another team when free agency begins.

Wow, those articles were brutal! lol! 

One thing to consider on Williams is how he factors in to the comp pick formula. It is much better to resign your own players than sign other team's players away. 

Still not a good deal. But not as awful as it seems on its face. Mediocre player, mediocre deal.