SportsWrath

Short and Sweet: 3 Things You Want To See Changed This Season

Blue in Iraq

1. Eli's Throwing Mechanics

2. Trick plays ( I know its not needed but, we've got the speed to make shit happen and keep people on

their toes).

3. Better Offensive Play Calling. Not so conservative.

I agree with No. 1. Eli needs to step up in the pocket and stop throwing off of his back foot.

Regarding No. 2, the Giants used trick plays often last season, especially end arounds with Carter.

I totally agree with you on No. 3. Early last season , screens to Tiki and Shockey gained huge chunks of yardage. Around halfway through the season, the Giants stopped calling those plays. The Giants need to use the run to set up the pass more, and not vice versa.

Good post, Blue. :rock: :worshippy:

(1) Manning put the team on his back and win a few games.

(2) The secondary to make some big plays, and not blow sure int's and watch inside runs turninto 15+ yard games

(3) The LB corps give run support the likes of a knockout punch. Lightning fast pursuite at the offensive point of the attack

Everything you guys said and

10+ sacks from Lavar (with his biggest games against the Skins)

BJ used more effectively like he was in preseason last year and in the game against Arizona

No Plaxico and Shockey antics where they are bitching at anything (that will never happen)

1. Eli's Throwing Mechanics

2. Trick plays ( I know its not needed but, we've got the speed to make shit happen and keep people on

their toes).

3. Better Offensive Play Calling. Not so conservative.

1) Kill Hufnagel

2) After Killing that resident moron Hufnagel, shoot him once more to be sure

3) The Giants have forgotten what a double back field is. I havent seen BJ and Tiki in a double back field at all. How about we actually try and use it?? Kill Huff.

• 2 weeks later...
(1) Manning put the team on his back and win a few games.

(2) The secondary to make some big plays, and not blow sure int's and watch inside runs turninto 15+ yard games

(3) The LB corps give run support the likes of a knockout punch. Lightning fast pursuite at the offensive point of the attack

With all the weapons we have, we may not need Eli do do #1 that often. But I already believe he can do that. Just look at the Denver game and the Seattle game minus the Feeley fuck ups.

1. How can I start with anything other than the fact that I'd like to see us play a close game in the playoffs. If recent memory serves me correctly, in the past few years we allowed one of, if not the, largest comeback ever in a playoff game when we lost to San Francisco. And last year's debacle against Carolina wasn't a whole lot easier to take.

2. Eli to develop further. I'm sure he's in more control than what he looks, but he seriously looks a lot like a rag doll getting thrown around at times. I'd like to see his accuracy improve. You can give him all the weapons in the world and if he can't hit them, it's a big problem.

3. Tiki to give us another good year and for us to groom Jacobs further to see if he's going to be a full time replacement when Tiki moves on or whether he'll continue to be used in predictable short yardage situations.

Honorable mention: I'd like to see this 3-4/4-3 hybrid defense that we've been talking about for a few years now.

1. How can I start with anything other than the fact that I'd like to see us play a close game in the playoffs. If recent memory serves me correctly, in the past few years we allowed one of, if not the, largest comeback ever in a playoff game when we lost to San Francisco. And last year's debacle against Carolina wasn't a whole lot easier to take.

2. Eli to develop further. I'm sure he's in more control than what he looks, but he seriously looks a lot like a rag doll getting thrown around at times. I'd like to see his accuracy improve. You can give him all the weapons in the world and if he can't hit them, it's a big problem.

3. Tiki to give us another good year and for us to groom Jacobs further to see if he's going to be a full time replacement when Tiki moves on or whether he'll continue to be used in predictable short yardage situations.

Honorable mention: I'd like to see this 3-4/4-3 hybrid defense that we've been talking about for a few years now.

Well, we've been doing the 4-3 for a few years now, Im not sure if I want to toy around w/ the 3-4 defense. What we've had up front has worked for us so far, up front that is. Of course our secondary is another question. :brooding:

1. Eli not being forced to throw 40-50 times. (And thats not just from playing from behind, several times they threw when would have been smarter to run. IE. Three straight passes on first and goal.)

2. Strog play from the DT's. (Not really a drastic change, but with new personal at DT it's what I want to see.

3. Aggressive, play making secondary.

Well, we've been doing the 4-3 for a few years now, Im not sure if I want to toy around w/ the 3-4 defense. What we've had up front has worked for us so far, up front that is. Of course our secondary is another question. :brooding:

Yeah, I know that we've been doing the 4-3 for a long time now. But when Tim Lewis came in, because of the athleticism of our DEs, there was talk about lining up in a 4-3 and dropping a D-linemen back into coverage, which would be virtually identical to lining up in a 3-4 with one of the linebackers on the line of scrimmage. Likewise, we could easily line up in a 3-4 and blitz a linebacker, thus becoming a 4-3. If I were to favor a particular lineup, it'd have to be the 4-3 simply because that's what we've done well with recently and I don't want a massive overhaul of the defense. But if we were to become that hybrid off the two, it would add much to the unpredictability of the defense.

Our secondary was terrible and I'll hold on any evaluation until they play this year. All I know is that if Madison shows his age like some think he might, we could very easily see Corey Webster covering their #1, which is rather scary. At the same time, even if Madison does show his age, he's far better that Will Allen in my opinion. I like the Demps signing more than anything.

Yeah, I know that we've been doing the 4-3 for a long time now. But when Tim Lewis came in, because of the athleticism of our DEs, there was talk about lining up in a 4-3 and dropping a D-linemen back into coverage, which would be virtually identical to lining up in a 3-4 with one of the linebackers on the line of scrimmage. Likewise, we could easily line up in a 3-4 and blitz a linebacker, thus becoming a 4-3. If I were to favor a particular lineup, it'd have to be the 4-3 simply because that's what we've done well with recently and I don't want a massive overhaul of the defense. But if we were to become that hybrid off the two, it would add much to the unpredictability of the defense.

Our secondary was terrible and I'll hold on any evaluation until they play this year. All I know is that if Madison shows his age like some think he might, we could very easily see Corey Webster covering their #1, which is rather scary. At the same time, even if Madison does show his age, he's far better that Will Allen in my opinion. I like the Demps signing more than anything.

Oh, w/o a doubt, the Demps signing was huge. He and Wilson back there give us a young, formidable Safety tandem that should be around for awhile. I also agree about the CB situation. I do believe Webster will be fine in time, but for now he is untested. It really depends on how Madison is. If he doesnt show his age, we are fine. And yes, he is better than W. Allen IMO. This is one of the most exciting seasons upcoming that I can remember in a long time. This team just seems special. REAL special. :TU:

1) Kill Hufnagel

2) After Killing that resident moron Hufnagel, shoot him once more to be sure

3) The Giants have forgotten what a double back field is. I havent seen BJ and Tiki in a double back field at all. How about we actually try and use it?? Kill Huff.

make sure we bury him under giants stadium with hoffa :TU:

Oh, w/o a doubt, the Demps signing was huge. He and Wilson back there give us a young, formidable Safety tandem that should be around for awhile. I also agree about the CB situation. I do believe Webster will be fine in time, but for now he is untested. It really depends on how Madison is. If he doesnt show his age, we are fine. And yes, he is better than W. Allen IMO. This is one of the most exciting seasons upcoming that I can remember in a long time. This team just seems special. REAL special. :TU:

I just think that being unpredictable in the front 7 goes a long way towards creating pressure in passing situations, which of course helps the secondary quite a bit. I too, am excited to see what this team accomplishes this season.

Well, I'm sure with the new depth at linebacker and 35 DE's we have on the roster, unpredictability will not be at a premium this year.

LOL!!

Yeah, w/ Tuck there, I was surprised we went DE in the 1st round. :confused: