SportsWrath

Jerry Reese ‘owns’ and dissects Giants disaster

Tempest

QB isn't the problem or the solution.

Putting Webb in this season will not answer the question is Webb capable of leading the franchise. Drafting another QB because we have a high pick simply leaves us with the same question in a new season about two different players. The team will be no closer to the playoffs or a successful NFL season.

You won't have the answer to the question who is the next NY Giants QB until Eli Manning retires.

Drizz...I think the only question regarding QB in the offseason is whether you spend a high pick on a QB if Webb is going to be the guy going forward. That pick could be used for a blue chip LT or RB or whatever else if Webb's the guy.

That's the decision that needs made that they may just punt on. Take the QB high, and if the new QB succeeds, Webb is a wasted pick. If Webb succeeds, the new QB is a wasted pick. THat's why Webb needs playing time now. Coming out of the bye would be fantastic given he'll have some extra time to prepare. Likely won't happen though.

I don't thin having 2 great QBs are wasting picks... since you really won't know until playing time and when they have a decent OL... and if you have really good QBs, a team out there is willing to give you their 1st pick for one of them.

QB isn't the problem or the solution.

Putting Webb in this season will not answer the question is Webb capable of leading the franchise. Drafting another QB because we have a high pick simply leaves us with the same question in a new season about two different players. The team will be no closer to the playoffs or a successful NFL season.

You won't have the answer to the question who is the next NY Giants QB until Eli Manning retires.

If you're in the school of thought that Eli is still very good which I think most of us think he's ok.. not great. and you already know he doesn't have much left in the tank, then the QB question is front and center. and right there next to it is the OL....

If you're in the school of thought that Eli is still very good which I think most of us think he's ok.. not great. and you already know he doesn't have much left in the tank, then the QB question is front and center. and right there next to it is the OL....

I think GM is #1 followed by Head Coach

I would like to see us have two high round qb prospects to develop for one last year under Manning. After that, Im completely fine with Manning sailing off into the sunset. He cant do whats being asked of him. A more athletic and less shell shocked quarterback potentially can.

Who in their right mind would want to put Webb in with this D grade offensive line and practically no WR talent around him? Do you want to get him killed? Or are you interested in seeing how well he throws the patented McAdoo 2 yard out routes to the TE and/or RB? That's basically all you'll get this season, if we put Webb in now.

Fuck, you don't even need to put him in. Here's what his average game line would be with our current offense and current coaches. 25 pass attempts, 14 completions, 96 yards, 1 TD, 1, INT, 3-4 sacks, paired with 50-70 rush yards on offense, with 20 minutes of possession against the opposing team controlling the ball for 40 minutes. That's the best you get with Webb. What's the point?

I would like to see us have two high round qb prospects to develop for one last year under Manning. After that, Im completely fine with Manning sailing off into the sunset. He cant do whats being asked of him. A more athletic and less shell shocked quarterback potentially can.

I don't think Eli is shell-shocked at all... if anything he's the total opposite... having a rookie behind the current OL may destroy their psyche.

I don't think Eli is shell-shocked at all... if anything he's the total opposite... having a rookie behind the current OL may destroy their psyche.

Early in the season he definitely was but he seems to be more comfortable now.

He consistently refuses to step up in the pocket and turtles when anyone even grabs at him. Or, he throws the ball at their feet.

He consistently refuses to step up in the pocket and turtles when anyone even grabs at him. Or, he throws the ball at their feet.

Yes.. he has pocket presence and he hears footsteps... I don't blame him... besides he looks down field and everyone is covered.

Guys...

Eli Manning is under consistent pressure. He is getting hit and sacked out there. They are coming around the edges and through the middle. There is no consistent pocket. He is not imagining the pressure out there. It is real and no QB can function effectively in that environment.