SportsWrath

Mykelle Thompson to I.R.

Mr. P

This is not looking good for his NFL career. I'm amazed at the endless cycle of players who enter the NFL and leave it as quickly through injuries. Cooper Taylor spent more time on IR than he ever did on the field and he was cut again and now we have Thompson.

It is not even positional, this happens across the board at every position. Players are just too big to be running that fast into each other.

This is not looking good for his NFL career. I'm amazed at the endless cycle of players who enter the NFL and leave it as quickly through injuries. Cooper Taylor spent more time on IR than he ever did on the field and he was cut again and now we have Thompson.

It is not even positional, this happens across the board at every position. Players are just too big to be running that fast into each other.

But they can come back...remember SS Craig Dahl blew out one knee his rookie year..the other his next year...ended up having a pretty good journeyman career in St. Louis, San Fran and eventually back with the Giants after spending first two on IR.

Hope it works out for the kid.....think they will bring Taylor back.....I mean....strange shit.

C> Wagon

But they can come back...remember SS Craig Dahl blew out one knee his rookie year..the other his next year...ended up having a pretty good journeyman career in St. Louis, San Fran and eventually back with the Giants after spending first two on IR.

Hope it works out for the kid.....think they will bring Taylor back.....I mean....strange shit.

C> Wagon

Lawrence Taylor would probably say he's too old to play, but I have to admit, he'd be an upgrade from the guys we have now. All we'd need is a few 8-balls and to hire Osi as a drug testing consultant and we'd have our fifth Lombardi.

I'm still surprised the NFL hasnt launched a "No Mo ACLs" campaign.

I'm sure they can invest a few million into making players do more stretches or see what works to help reduce these type of injures.

Especially all the non contact season ending injuries which happen.

It would probably show that grass is much safer and that would have to pull all that shit field turf out and eat all the ongoing cost of having to resod fields in the north east and upper midwest.

C. Wagon

I thought though when the Giants put in grass it made no difference so they went back to turf. I wonder what the stats are on grass vs turf?

Apparently it is a mixed bag..depending on the support (Soccer, Rugby and football)....but this supports my position that the shit sucks (and causes cancers) so I am going to go with this.

This is also football specific.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-football-idUSBRE84002Q20120501

C. Wagon