SportsWrath

Sitton to Bears.

Sephiroth

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/09/josh_sitton_rumors_bears_reportedly_sign_pro_bowl.html

Kudos to Jerry Reese for not trading for him in the first place, then letting him get away after expressing marginal interest.

Every year on the Giants podcast, they talk about how we shouldn't be concerned with the lack of talent in a unit because somebody will "shake loose" and the Giants will sign him. Last year it was safety, the year before it was linebacker. Nobody "shook loose" and look at how those units performed.

Now somebody actually was available, we have 20+ million under the cap, and we don't pounce on the guy?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/09/josh_sitton_rumors_bears_reportedly_sign_pro_bowl.html

Kudos to Jerry Reese for not trading for him in the first place, then letting him get away after expressing marginal interest.

Every year on the Giants podcast, they talk about how we shouldn't be concerned with the lack of talent in a unit because somebody will "shake loose" and the Giants will sign him. Last year it was safety, the year before it was linebacker. Nobody "shook loose" and look at how those units performed.

Nov somebody actually was available, we have 20+ million under the cap, and we don't pounce on the guy?

I am not sure I would want to lose a Draft pick but maybe a DT how was GB set at DT? I thought BJ Raji may my hurt and we have like 12 DT or somethng like that...... anyway Water under the bridge now.... I kinda wonder if Reese forgot to take the lens cap off of his periscope.

Yeah I think people forgot that players have the final say who they end up signing with.

Unless you get them in a trade. Maybe Green Bay was asking too much but I'd have made them a good offer considering the state of our line. My guess is they would have taken something over nothing when it's all said and done.

On the plus side, we released arguably our best linebacker to sign a 30 year old journeyman QB who's now with his eighth team.

One has to wonder what the hell is going on in Reese land...

This QB thing sounds more like McAdoo than Reese to be honest.

Unless you get them in a trade. Maybe Green Bay was asking too much but I'd have made them a good offer considering the state of our line. My guess is they would have taken something over nothing when it's all said and done.

The thing is though, when you know no one else in the NFL is making an offer on a player, why fork over draft picks and what not when he's just going to get cut?

"Something over nothing" only works when the team wants what you are offering, my guess is they wanted a fourth round pick maybe higher, no one including the Giants were willing to do that.

Jones did the same thing waiting out Elway for Sanchez.

Surprisingly the Changers WANTED Williams and were hoping he would fall through with cuts.

The thing is though, when you know no one else in the NFL is making an offer on a player, why fork over draft picks and what not when he's just going to get cut?

Because when you don't, your starting guard ends up being John Jerry.

I mean, who knows. Maybe they talked to him and he said he doesn't want to play in New York. It's just frustrating to hear from the team mouthpieces that they're waiting on somebody being released, etc. and when somebody is, they sit on their hands and do nothing.

Our QB is 36...I hope he doesn't get killed behind this terrible line. I'll say this right now... if you hear the words, "Ryan Nassib drops back to pass" the season is over.

Now somebody actually was available, we have 20+ million under the cap, and we don't pounce on the guy?

This just in: Reese sucks

Seriously, I saw this too, assumed there was no way Reese would have the brains to make a play for him.

This just in: Reese sucks

Seriously, I saw this too, assumed there was no way Reese would have the brains to make a play for him.

I'm starting to think Reese regards the Guard position the same way he views TE and the entire linebacking corps. You can get away with scrub players and it's not that important.

If JR understood how bad our players are at the position, we'd see David Yankey, Junior Vasquez, Jahri Evans, that huge Samoan from Tennessee, etc. in for a visit, and we'd sign the best of the bunch. Guaranteed that doesn't happen.

Because when you don't, your starting guard ends up being John Jerry.

I mean, who knows. Maybe they talked to him and he said he doesn't want to play in New York. It's just frustrating to hear from the team mouthpieces that they're waiting on somebody being released, etc. and when somebody is, they sit on their hands and do nothing.

Our QB is 36...I hope he doesn't get killed behind this terrible line. I'll say this right now... if you hear the words, "Ryan Nassib drops back to pass" the season is over.

I just think people horribly underestimate the business of trying to pick up playing in FA.

I mean we cant sit here and say "The Giants didnt do anything to land Sitton" when for all they know they were trying to trade/bring him in for a talk, it's far fetched to think they "sat on their hands"

It wasnt even 12 hours later that Sitton signed with the Bears, he didnt even entertain any other offer or meeting with another team in the NFL.

I just think people horribly underestimate the business of trying to pick up playing in FA.

I mean we cant sit here and say "The Giants didnt do anything to land Sitton" when for all they know they were trying to trade/bring him in for a talk, it's far fetched to think they "sat on their hands"

It wasnt even 12 hours later that Sitton signed with the Bears, he didnt even entertain any other offer or meeting with another team in the NFL.

That's fair. We don't know and probably never will. It's just incredibly frustrating to see last year's backups as this year's starters when we have 20 million to spend. Money talks... we should be in better shape on OL than we are.

Ok enough with the sensible thinking around here

That's fair. We don't know and probably never will. It's just incredibly frustrating to see last year's backups as this year's starters when we have 20 million to spend. Money talks... we should be in better shape on OL than we are.

Oh and I agree it's frustrating watching Eli's "prime years" be wasted on 8-8 seasons.

I have hope that this defense will finally be back to an NFL level heck I think it will finish in the top 10 this year, but I do agree there are places at which the team is lacking due to drafted players not developing quick enough/FA management and it's showing on the offensive line.

The Giants FO tries to be the CIA in regards to who they're attempting to bring in so we'll never know. The problem is that we've needed to upgrade several position groups and have a ton of money remaining but it SEEMS like we're ignoring the problem.

The Giants FO tries to be the CIA in regards to who they're attempting to bring in so we'll never know. The problem is that we've needed to upgrade several position groups and have a ton of money remaining but it SEEMS like we're ignoring the problem.

I think they learned the lesson about just picking up the next available anyone, the fans have not but what else is new.

This guy wasn't the next available anyone. He was a Pro Bowl player at a position that is very weak on the team.

As of right now, we don't have a fullback on the roster. We have no blocking TE, no run blocking RT or Guard, and our LT is pretty suspect. The only reason we got Beatty back on the team is because he reached out to the Giants, not the other way around.

It's great that we have three good receivers but if nobody can block, this is going to be a very short season. This guy could have helped that.

I'll take "good" over "average to bad," which is what the right side of our line is now. You really feel confident running behind John Jerry on third-and-one? The guy is durable; he's not Geoff Schwartz.

I guess we'll see... but again, with 20 million in cap room, something should have been done about this. We had no problems overpaying for players on defense... can we get ONE guy who can run block on offense?

"He's good, not great," a unnamed NFC personnel man said about Sitton to The Journal-Sentinel. "You can see signs of slippage."

If Reese had locked him up you guys would be calling it a mistake and another Reese failure by November.

Yeah see I read that too then thought about the money you'd have to pay him to beat the 3 year $21.75 million, $10 million guaranteed. Not match the offer but beat the offer within the 12 hour window he was a free agent.