SportsWrath

Giants Cuts

Mr. P

we need a FB ....... surely Herzlich , Thomas or Rainey will be gone soon

.....and yes P Dub .......we need to sign Sitton ...agreed

where are we in the waiver line to get him? I mean what are our chances?.... slim to none?

It's disappointing to see fellow Husky Geremy Davis and Andre Williams go, but I am glad Reese and Co. chose Roger Lewis and Orleans Darkwa over them respectively. 1 - Both clearly had the better pre-season, and 2 - Both look to be better long term. I like it when a GM isn't afraid to cut guys just because he drafted them (drafted vs. undrafted).

That being said, I think Andre Williams will do well if he can go to an offense with a zone blocking scheme and a decent OL. He's the kind of back who needs a decent OL, and once he has it, can maximize it.

Does a GM have anything to do with who gets cut? I'm asking because I thought that was almost entirely a coach's decision...

And a zone blocking scheme? That would require Andre Williams to have vision and make quick cuts and decisions- none of which Andre Williams has ever shown capable of.

Does a GM have anything to do with who gets cut? I'm asking because I thought that was almost entirely a coach's decision...

And a zone blocking scheme? That would require Andre Williams to have vision and make quick cuts and decisions- none of which Andre Williams has ever shown capable of.

Yeah from everything I read the final 53 if a coaching decision with the GM having a minor say in the matter.

Granted JR was a scout/player dev guy so I'm sure he's in on the decisions as well.