SportsWrath

Tim Couch to workout with the G-Men

dabronxchef

What does everyone think about that. I can say he is alot better than hasselbeck but that really is not saying a whole lot. He is a pretty good qb in the sence that he reads d's quickly and he throws a good ball. I don't recall if he manages the game well but that is something that can be taught. 6 year vet and yes I know he was jobless last year but he had a 76 qb rating for 6 years with the brownies and packers.

Discuss amongst yourself...

What does everyone think about that. I can say he is alot better than hasselbeck but that really is not saying a whole lot. He is a pretty good qb in the sence that he reads d's quickly and he throws a good ball. I don't recall if he manages the game well but that is something that can be taught. 6 year vet and yes I know he was jobless last year but he had a 76 qb rating for 6 years with the brownies and packers.

Discuss amongst yourself...

outstanding...i look for him to be #2 on the depth chart by season's end, edging out eli.

#1-Kerry Collins

#2-Tim Couch

#3-Eli Manning

Guest nosebleed
outstanding...i look for him to be #2 on the depth chart by season's end, edging out eli.

#1-Kerry Collins

#2-Tim Couch

#3-Eli Manning

:LMAO::LMAO:

Guest Dye Job

We already have a Tim Couch..........and EA gave up a kings ransom for him because his daddy had his hand in EA's side pocket when everyone knew it was Ben he should have grabbed at that spot.

The Giant faithfull will now have to suffer the consquences of that day for a good number of years.

We already have a Tim Couch..........and EA gave up a kings ransom for him because his daddy had his hand in EA's side pocket when everyone knew it was Ben he should have grabbed at that spot.

The Giant faithfull will now have to suffer the consquences of that day for a good number of years.

Dude, will you leave this board if Eli has a 87+ Qb Rating, 25+ Td passes, 3800+ yards, 58% Comp Perc and at least 1 playoff win next season??? Or will stay around here and feed us with more BS?

Guest Dye Job
Dude, will you leave this board if Eli has a 87+ Qb Rating, 25+ Td passes, 3800+ yards, 58% Comp Perc and at least 1 playoff win next season??? Or will stay around here and feed us with more BS?

Dude, keep dreaming..........yes gladly !!!

Alrighty, we have a deal then. I will leave if his #'s don't match this, and I will truly leave and not just change my screen name.

You are the chosen one who will rid this fine board of the diseased trolls that infest. For this I retract every word or thought towards you that may have been deemed negative.

Let us pray;

Our Currency, who art in Sportswrath; hallow be thy name;

Thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in sportswrath

Give us this day our daily rumor;

And forgive us our trolling as we forgive those who troll against us;

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the fag4,

For the Board, the smillies, and the “owned” are yours, now and forever

Amen

Guest Lockhart

HAHAHAHA-watching that weak-armed hick, Eli throw last year - he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn and his long throws were always short - another Dave Brown.

Guest Lockhart

Tim Couch is Eli Manning in 3 years - only EA could compound his Eli blunder by bringing in another blunder.

Guest Floyd The Barber
Tim Couch is Eli Manning in 3 years - only EA could compound his Eli blunder by bringing in another blunder.

in true EA fashion, he will bring Couch in, only if he is able to give away his #1 for 2007...

If we can sign Couch to the same contract we have signed Lorenzen, then I'm all for it. I don't see any reason to replace Hasselback.

I do feel that Hasselback is ok. but I'm not sure that he could do much running the o if called out. Of course he is a qb in the nfl and that says at least that he has some ability at this level. I have heard many times from Giants fans that the thought of Hasselback stepping in would make them shit themself. I don't believe that Collins would come back to ny as a vet back up. I do think that a qb with time under his belt would be good for all our young qbs. Just not sure who is out there.

Couch is a better option than Hasslebeck because he's held the responsibility before, so who knows, perhaps he's a day older, a day wiser.

My problem though is that we're talking about the best of a mediocre situation. We need a better back up. Of course, Elway, Marino, and other good role models didn't necessarily have long term, experienced back-ups guiding their careers and perhaps Eli won't need one either as he goes along and progresses.

In the event that we need a real back-up, well I don't know if we'll ever have another Hoss in the stable behind a Simms, but then again how often does that happen?

Couch is a better option than Hasslebeck because he's held the responsibility before, so who knows, perhaps he's a day older, a day wiser.

My problem though is that we're talking about the best of a mediocre situation. We need a better back up. Of course, Elway, Marino, and other good role models didn't necessarily have long term, experienced back-ups guiding their careers and perhaps Eli won't need one either as he goes along and progresses.

In the event that we need a real back-up, well I don't know if we'll ever have another Hoss in the stable behind a Simms, but then again how often does that happen?

Not often!!

I think one of the greatest backups were Steve Young

backing up Montana. This my friend just doesnt happen

to often. Danny White backing up Starbauch that was another

good back up. Going back in time George Blanda backing up

Darell Lamonica .As you mentioned Hoss! Very rare though.

I was really hoping Jim Miller last year but it was not to be!

Guest Dye Job
Not often!!

I think one of the greatest backups were Steve Young

backing up Montana. This my friend just doesnt happen

to often. Danny White backing up Starbauch that was another

good back up. Going back in time George Blanda backing up

Darell Lamonica .As you mentioned Hoss! Very rare though.

I was really hoping Jim Miller last year but it was not to be!

And lets not forget Craig Morton backing up Staubach as well !!!

OK Lockhart, if you and Floyd feel that way then are you two in on the deal I made with Dye Jobber. I mean if you feel so confident he is a bust then you should be willing to make the deal then. I know though that you guys would never leave this board though if you lost a bet, because losing this board would mean the end of your social life as we all know it. Then again you'll be forced to post on the giants.com message board, oooooo. That would hurt!!!