SportsWrath

Mario Williams released

Herc

There goes the Eric berry dream :(

Let's go get smith and jaye Howard

I know I said Jenkins from the Rams...now the reason I said this is purely based on how he did for me in FF. He racked up a lot of points for me resulting from tackles and Passes defenced 3 it's and 1 Forced Fumble. He played all 15 games. I would have to see some ganes he has played in though. The Rams put the Franchise Tag on his counter part. Jenkins will hit the FA market......would he be an upgrade to Prince? I do not know I would gave to look at their stats side by side.

Here's a non-traditional name for you... Nick Perry. I was a big fan of his coming out of USC and to watch him play when he was healthy, you saw an active, effective pass rusher.

There's some dings on his résumé... he's had a bit of injury bug biting him... had a wrist injury that put him on IR, had a shoulder injury that he played through in 2014 and had offseason surgery on it, had foot and ankle issues, none seeming to be the surgical repair kind, though... broken foot in the 2013 season. So he's been a rotational type of player behind Peppers and he has 16 starts in 4 seasons, which was a disappointment because he was a late first round pick. How much of that is due to the injuries and how much was ineffectiveness I don't know. What I do know is he has talent, and had 12.5 career sacks. Not that great, you say for four seasons and I agree. However, again, playing hurt for a good portion of that time, missing a lot of games. It would appear that when he did get on the field for significant amounts he was a very good pass rusher, and from what I saw of him personally watching Green Bay games is a dangerous pass rusher.

Then there's the other thing that he's 6'3", a little shorter than we like our DE's to be, but he is in the 265-270 lb range which is right where we like them. Further, Owa Odighizuwa is 6'3", 270 lb as well, so he's pretty much identical to Owa.

The other thing is that Perry played rush linebacker in Green Bay's 3-4 system. Not much of a concern to me. Peppers was a 4-3 DE that converted to Perry's position, and this is just the opposite, and I think Perry has the requisite size and explosiveness to make the switch.

Finally, the biggest reason to bring him in is that he has baggage and will come at a very modest price. He's exactly the type of player we should bring in, because we have so many holes. He'll provide depth at DE, not to start, and he's a high ceiling guy that won't eat up a lot of our cap room.

Here's a non-traditional name for you... Nick Perry. I was a big fan of his coming out of USC and to watch him play when he was healthy, you saw an active, effective pass rusher.

There's some dings on his résumé... he's had a bit of injury bug biting him... had a wrist injury that put him on IR, had a shoulder injury that he played through in 2014 and had offseason surgery on it, had foot and ankle issues, none seeming to be the surgical repair kind, though... broken foot in the 2013 season. So he's been a rotational type of player behind Peppers and he has 16 starts in 4 seasons, which was a disappointment because he was a late first round pick. How much of that is due to the injuries and how much was ineffectiveness I don't know. What I do know is he has talent, and had 12.5 career sacks. Not that great, you say for four seasons and I agree. However, again, playing hurt for a good portion of that time, missing a lot of games. It would appear that when he did get on the field for significant amounts he was a very good pass rusher, and from what I saw of him personally watching Green Bay games is a dangerous pass rusher.

Then there's the other thing that he's 6'3", a little shorter than we like our DE's to be, but he is in the 265-270 lb range which is right where we like them. Further, Owa Odighizuwa is 6'3", 270 lb as well, so he's pretty much identical to Owa.

The other thing is that Perry played rush linebacker in Green Bay's 3-4 system. Not much of a concern to me. Peppers was a 4-3 DE that converted to Perry's position, and this is just the opposite, and I think Perry has the requisite size and explosiveness to make the switch.

Finally, the biggest reason to bring him in is that he has baggage and will come at a very modest price. He's exactly the type of player we should bring in, because we have so many holes. He'll provide depth at DE, not to start, and he's a high ceiling guy that won't eat up a lot of our cap room.

As long as he's brought in as a rotational guy I'm cool with it. What I don't want is to bring him in as another Keith Rivers type signing.

I know I said Jenkins from the Rams...now the reason I said this is purely based on how he did for me in FF. He racked up a lot of points for me resulting from tackles and Passes defenced 3 it's and 1 Forced Fumble. He played all 15 games. I would have to see some ganes he has played in though. The Rams put the Franchise Tag on his counter part. Jenkins will hit the FA market......would he be an upgrade to Prince? I do not know I would gave to look at their stats side by side.

I wanted Trumaine Johnson from the Rams, but they tagged him over Jenkins. Thinking they are bringing both back. Hearing rumors of Casey Hayward to the Giants to play slot and resigning Mook

I wanted Trumaine Johnson from the Rams, but they tagged him over Jenkins. Thinking they are bringing both back. Hearing rumors of Casey Hayward to the Giants to play slot and resigning Mook

I'd bet on Jenkins being as good as gone. Taking to twitter to complain about getting lowballed usually indicates that hahah.

Charles Johnson has now been released by the Panthers. He has a lot of Giant-like qualities and I'd prefer him over Williams, myself. 29 years old.

Whhaaaaaa

Sure he had a down year but the guy has been a good starting DE in the league.

Guess they figure he's done with his age.