SportsWrath

Draft/combine thought I had.

BlueInCanada

I know like many of you my eyes were glued to the TV watching the 2016 combine while the LBs and Dline guys went through their plethora of drills.

After listening to the talking heads go on and on about this year draft and combine results/prospects I can honestly say that unless JR is the worst GM in the NFL, the Giants should come out with a starting DE/LB in this years draft.

There is so much talent in this draft in the front seven potions that unless they are throwing darts at the draft board they should easily be able to identify a couple kids in rounds one and two who will come in and start on the defense.

This is the most lopsided draft in terms of talent in a long time, the defensive pool is crazy deep.

But it wont surprise me to see JR and CO use the first three picks on a WR/OG/RB.

Yeah between the available talent in the draft at pick 10 and the available free agents there's just no excuse to not be at least a top 15 defense next year. Reese doesn't deserve his job if he shits the bed during the next two months. It's one of the most exciting offseasons for us that I can remember

I'm actually kinda worried we won't even have our pick at 10 because of all the Wilkerson trade talk that I've been hearing on the radio. There's literally no upside for the Giants in the proposed trade, but it make every bit of sense for the Jets.

I am kinda liking the idea of Ezekiel Elliott at 10. The draft is deep defensively where they can get someone later. Elliott is a one in million back and though they have 4 rb's under contract they all suck. A RB to grind out the clock would of won them five games last year. They also were 31st in the NFL with 5 rushing td's, Elliott has 43 in his career including 23 last year

This would be my six rounds

1. Sheldon Rankins DT Louisville

2. Shilique Calhoun DE Michigan St

3. Harlan Miller CB SE Louisiana

4. Kolby Listenbee WR TCU

5. Nick Vigil LB Utah St

6. Temarrick Hemmingway TE South Carolina St

I am kinda liking the idea of Ezekiel Elliott at 10. The draft is deep defensively where they can get someone later. Elliott is a one in million back and though they have 4 rb's under contract they all suck. A RB to grind out the clock would of won them five games last year. They also were 31st in the NFL with 5 rushing td's, Elliott has 43 in his career including 23 last year

1. Ezekiel Elliott RB Ohio St

2. Leonte Carroo WR Rutgers

3. Carl Nassib DE Penn St

4. Deiondre Hall' CB Northern Iowa

5. Nick Vigil LB Utah St

Not picking defense in the in either one of the first or second round would drive us insane... granted draft isn't meant to plug holes as much as picking the BPA. And I'm still reeling from picking a RB in the first (Wilson)... I think there has to be a stud defensive player that would at least match Elliot's value..

1. Ezekiel Elliott RB Ohio St

2. Leonte Carroo WR Rutgers

3. Carl Nassib DE Penn St

4. Deiondre Hall' CB Northern Iowa

5. Nick Vigil LB Utah St

No way Nassib makes it to round 3. He may have moved into the 1st round after his strong combine.

I don't think there is. Not sure I want a situational pass rusher at 10. Rather a playmaker that touches the ball, offense was awful against Minnesota without OBJ

See to me, I feel this team is gonna take more then one or two offseasons, infact I think the Giant's dont make the playoffs for the next four or five seasons, but anyways I feel like the team has so many holes to fill and stud players to go out and get, they need to fill up where they can with the talent they can.

I know the Giants could go out and get the best RB in the draft, he'll probably be there, but when you see as well the Giants could potentially get the best LB/DL in the draft and get another solid starting player on the defense in round two, heck maybe even in round three, I say they pull the trigger and load up on offence next year.

Just my opinion though, I feel like Spags needs players if he's ever going to have a defense that isnt bottom of the league, and to ignore that for another year is setting the team up for another turnover at the coaching level.

Atleast the offence has a solid base to work from, Pugh, Richburg, Flowers, OBJ, the RBs are fine.

The defense has DRC and Collins, and no one else really.

But like I said just my opinion, if this years championship games did show anything it was a defense can carry even an over the hill noodle armed QB to the SB and win.

I agree that defense needs more work than offense. The RB's are pretty bad though and I think Elliott is a one a million type playmaker who could be BPA at 10. I think McAdoo may be one and done anyway or Spags at least will be gone by next offseason even with defensive reinenforcements

One in a million backs in recent history: Trent Richardson, Mark Ingram, C.J. Spiller, Knowshon Moreno, Ryan Matthews, Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, Rashard Mendenhall, Reggie Bush... Need I go on?

Yes. :P

Any running back at 10 would be a grave mistake worthy of firing. I encourage you to look at the last 10 years of 1st round RB selections and then tell me you still want Elliott.

Todd Gurley, Adrian Peterson, Doug Martin, Mark Ingram, Jonathan Stewart, Marshawn Lynch all first rounders

You don't pick defense just for the sake of picking defense.

If they think Elliott is a much better prospect than whichever defensive player is there then I'd hope they choose Elliott.

I do think the pick will probably be a DE or a CB though.

I'm not a fan of selecting a RB that high. I watched Jalen Ramsey for years and watched my team face Vernon Hargreaves for years as well. If my top pick (Treadwell) isn't there and one of them is, they need to be the pick.

I would think the assumption behind picking defense is that "with all things being equal" you go with the similarly talented player on that side of the ball. As far as all starters go Id say that running back might be like 16-17th out of 22 as far as priority needs go