SportsWrath

Giants/Vikings Could Be Flexed To Primetime

Mr. P

Great. Two things that rarely bring out the best in the Giants - prime time games and the Vikings. Problem for NBC is, even if we win tonight, a loss against Carolina and the Viking game won't have much, if any, juice.....but they're in a tough spot. Pats @ Jets play that day but I guess they need it to be a FOX game and they were probably all set to take Panthers @ Falcons until 38-0 yesterday! Not a hell of a lot else to choose from, except Packers @ Cardinals but that's FOX's national game, so NBC can't take it.

Great. Two things that rarely bring out the best in the Giants - prime time games and the Vikings. Problem for NBC is, even if we win tonight, a loss against Carolina and the Viking game won't have much, if any, juice.....but they're in a tough spot. Pats @ Jets play that day but I guess they need it to be a FOX game and they were probably all set to take Panthers @ Falcons until 38-0 yesterday! Not a hell of a lot else to choose from, except Packers @ Cardinals but that's FOX's national game, so NBC can't take it.

8-8 might win the division. It puts a lot of pressure on the Giants if they lose against the Panthers, but the Vikings and Eagles are going to be equally important.

I can't see the Giants winning the division unless they win every game. Now statistically I'm sure this is not a requirement but for this team it is. Losing one in this stretch can easily turn into two because they don't have the health, talent, depth or confidence to recover.

I can't see the Giants winning the division unless they win every game. Now statistically I'm sure this is not a requirement but for this team it is. Losing one in this stretch can easily turn into two because they don't have the health, talent, depth or confidence to recover.

It'd be nice to see the Giants come out and take it to the Panthers. I don't see it happening. They can't stop Ryan Tannehill's read option, imagine Cam Newton and Johnathan Stewart running the same style offense. It's going to be disastrous. I hope it's not, but I don't see them staying within two touchdowns.

Agreed, and the tiebreakers don't currently favor them.

I guess if philly loses to Arizona, beats Washington, And Washington loses to buffalo, then all we gotta do is split these two games and the Eagles game will be for the division.

Yeah, basically we need Was and Phi to lose next week, then TIE when they play eachother the next week.

Yeah, basically we need Was and Phi to lose next week, then TIE when they play eachother the next week.

Well under this scenario they'd have two losses each and we'd have 1. I'm not extremely confident in buffalo beating Washington but really the hardest part is getting a win out of the car/minn weeks

Giants need to win out, Philly needs to beat Washington week 16.

I'd like to see Washington beat Philly, but lose to Buffalo and Dallas, that would put them at 7-9. I'd like Dallas to split between the Jets and Buffalo. They would finish 2-1 down the stretch, so they would be 6-10. Philly goes 0-3 against the Cardinals, Redskins, and Giants, finishing 6-10.

Since we are going to lose this week, we beat the Vikings and Eagles to finish 8-8 and win the division outright.

Any way you slice it, Washington and Philly need another division loss each...and that's both good AND bad because they play each other. On one hand, one of the two is guaranteed another division loss. But, at the same time, the other one gets a division win.

If Philly beats Washington and we beat Philly...everyone has 3 division losses at least. If Dallas beats Washington...that'd be 4 division losses for Washington.

Ironically, Dallas would then finish with the best division record but the worst overall...which I have to believe is a rarity.

We don't have to worry about tie breakers at 8-8 if az beats philly, buffalo beats Washington and Philly beats Washington. None of those are far fetched scenarios. The hardest part is us going 2-1 with that remaining schedule

We will finish 3-0....mark my words. Carolina will have its perfect season spoilt at the hands of the Giants - Josh Norman will single handedly have his defensive MVP calls shunted by ODB. We shall then lay the beat down on the Vikes and Eagles and take the division. This is truth.