SportsWrath

Should we get VD?

fringe

If we end up making a trade I'd prefer it be for a defensive player.

They missed out on Jared Allen...a guy now playing 70 snaps a game for the Panthers now. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that he was very influential and selective in where he wanted to go and wanted to be on a contender, though.

@Drizzle - I don't think anybody in their sane minds had Carolina as a contender. Definitely not Jared Allen. And for someone like Allen in the stage of his career Id think he would have loved to play in New York rather than Carolina. The Giants just weren't interested and didn't pursue him enough. Maybe they are thinking something we couch potatoes don't know.

Plus - Allen so far has only looked good when the back OL is lined up against him

@Drizzle - I don't think anybody in their sane minds had Carolina as a contender. Definitely not Jared Allen. And for someone like Allen in the stage of his career Id think he would have loved to play in New York rather than Carolina. The Giants just weren't interested and didn't pursue him enough. Maybe they are thinking something we couch potatoes don't know.

Plus - Allen so far has only looked good when the back OL is lined up against him

I'd take him over anyone we have on the roster right now, though. And he fits our defense.

You mean playing for an undefeated team that have been to the playoffs the last two years.

Yeah totally not a contending team.

And what do you know about Allen to say he would want to play in NY rather than Carolina? Carolina's defense is something to be respected, the Giant's just gave up 52 points. According to multiple reports Carolina was one of the places HE wanted to play in.

Oh well.....maybe he did. But again - the Pats, Packers, Broncos, Hawks etc were considered contenders. No one even imagined the Panthers making it to the superbowl. I think the whole league is surprised that they are undefeated right now with no one on offense to speak of. That's what I meant by contender. But if he wanted to play in Carolina on a good defense then good for him. Here he would have been a centre piece in this shit pile we call a DL.

Allen was in the drivers seat for that trade. He presented a list of 4-3 D teams he wanted to play for to the Bears, and they made the call. We have no idea if the Giants were on that list, or if they were even aware that he was to be traded prior to him signing with Carolina.

Oh well.....maybe he did. But again - the Pats, Packers, Broncos, Hawks etc were considered contenders. No one even imagined the Panthers making it to the superbowl. I think the whole league is surprised that they are undefeated right now with no one on offense to speak of. That's what I meant by contender. But if he wanted to play in Carolina on a good defense then good for him. Here he would have been a centre piece in this shit pile we call a DL.

Remember, that trade happened mid season and I think the Panthers were 4-0 at the time.

That's the problem. Our TEs suck so bad that Davis actually looks quite stellar compared to them. Oh well, the Broncos got him, although Im not sure if 2 6th Rounders was worth it. Point is, Broncos have just this year and a very thin window to win another SB with Peyton. And they got him at the right time. That defense looks scary as fuck.