SportsWrath

Positives!!!

Zelmo

In no particular order:

Devon Kennard looks like a real player

Meriweather was delivering big, and more importantly, clean hits...solid, secondary solidifying pickup

We tackled extremely well, something we're not usually doing in week 2, and sometimes ever

D-line and aforementioned Meriweather batting down 3 balls

Return game looked potent

Offensive line was pretty good in pass protection

Offensive line held up even after Flowers left and...gulp....John Jerry came in

After 2 completely inept and dysfunctional seasons we actually have a functional football team.

Some random negatives, aside from the obvious ones:

Unga looks completely lost in coverage

Even though we held up with John Jerry in there, I expect teams to exploit him going forward.

-Z

Merriweather's play so far has been more than what we could have expected. Picked up late in training camp, he seems to be holding it down for the safeties while Landon Collins looks lost. Gotta give the kid a break though, hopefully he'll catch on.

Ultimately, the team is still 0-2, though.

I like what I see out of this team... Two entertaining games (although disappointing endings).... folks we're 0-2 and we play the AFC East... buckle your seat belts.

The only AFC east team we could stand a chance against is Miami...

From what I observed Merriweather made some plays in the box but he wasn't good in pass coverage. There was a critical third down that he was in position for and inexplicably didn't get his head turned around or hands up to stop the completion to Jones. That drive won Atlanta the game.

From what I observed Merriweather made some plays in the box but he wasn't good in pass coverage. There was a critical third down that he was in position for and inexplicably didn't get his head turned around or hands up to stop the completion to Jones. That drive won Atlanta the game.

True, but he's ten times the player Stevie Brown is.