SportsWrath

Matt Cassel is a free agent

JMFP

Nassib's performance mirrored Eli's, with backups receivers and lineman on the field. And he threw one less pick 6. And rushed for nearly more yards than Vereen and Andre Williams combined on 16 fewer attempts. His preseason QB rating is close to Eli Manning's career QB rating.

Honestly, this wouldn't be that bad of an idea expect for two things.

1. Cassel want's to start and I cant see him being a backup longer than a season or two.

2. We would have to let Nassib go without getting something of value for him.

Than the Giants would be in a position without a backup QB by seasons end, Nassib would be possibly playing for some other team for free and Cassel would be signed up the next QB starved team.

Nassib's performance mirrored Eli's, with backups receivers and lineman on the field. And he threw one less pick 6. And rushed for nearly more yards than Vereen and Andre Williams combined on 16 fewer attempts. His preseason QB rating is close to Eli Manning's career QB rating.

That's not a good sign for a QB... I understand it's part of his development but he needs to work on being more patient... I would think.

Can't hold me accountable for not knowing what the fuck Sexy Rexy is thinking, particularly when they only let Cassel play a few snaps all pre-season, then cut him.

Yeah it's really strange. It's like cutting your best offseason signing and keeping Kuhn

That's not a good sign for a QB... I understand it's part of his development but he needs to work on being more patient... I would think.

He was often working with a shrinking pocket and when he scrambled, he delivered first downs. Tough to deny that as being positive production. He moves and throws on the run exceptionally well. Every time he was on the field, he led the offense with poise. He didn't turn the ball over. He knows when to slide while scrambling. Give him Beckham Jr, Randle, and Cruz instead of Jones, Washington, and Parker and he's a quarterback with upside. Matt Cassel is not a quarterback with any upside.