SportsWrath

The Sky has officially fallen? I think so

Iceman_NYG

As it is we had a bunch of paperbags as safeties. Now Mykele Thomson is out for the season with an Achilles injury and Landon Collins has an MCL sprain (out only for a week or two)...but still I think, teams will be racking up 450-500 yrds against us each week - Spags or no Spags. Im loading up with Giants players in Fantasy. They are going to be playing from behind or having to score 30-40 pts each game to win.

As it is we had a bunch of paperbags as safeties. Now Mykele Thomson is out for the season with an Achilles injury and Landon Collins has an MCL sprain (out only for a week or two)...but still I think, teams will be racking up 450-500 yrds against us each week - Spags or no Spags. Im loading up with Giants players in Fantasy. They are going to be playing from behind or having to score 30-40 pts each game to win.

I think you have to give until week 4 or so to see what this team really is, but you'd have hoped Reese would have gotten the team better players at Safety, LB, and OL than what we've got now.

Same old same old with guys...soft tissues injuries, which have to once again make you wonder what the fuck the training staff is doing.

As much as I love TC, at some point, you need to turn the page on how this team physically prepares for games.

Not at all. It hurts the depth chart and the rookies learning curve but this team will keep moving forward whether it be walking or stumbling. I agree with the week 4 as a guideline. Who knows, JPP might be starting by that point.

I might use this thinking on fanduel, but can this offense move the ball this way with run-run-pass-punt? :confused:

Preseason or not, that was one the worst displays of being prepared for a game from the coaching end of it. It never hurts to practice creativity either. I can only hope they were holding back, if not :facepalm:

I couldn't watch the game, but from all accounts I've read, it was a very poor showing. There was no success by the offense. We're supposed to be this high powered offense now with Cruz (who I know, didn't play), OBJ and Randle (who played sparingly, if at all). So sure, we weren't full strength by any means...but we couldn't get a first down with the starters on starters? Not one?

I don't think it was the sloppiness that has raised concern. It was the extent of ineptitude that was on display. I mean, after all, it isn't like the Bengals had some advantage in preperation time. You could argue that they weren't changing defenses like we are. You could argue that our offense is still only 1 year into its system where they've had more time. But not one first down, really? Oh, and our defense, giving up a long TD drive right out of the shoot.

It was an extraordinarily small sample size, so I refuse to get too worked up. But at the same time, the concern is still justifiable.

I take comfort in that it was just the first preseason game of 4. But, that is somewhat dashed by the injuries suffered therein. That was just a rough, rough start and shows how much work we have in front of us.

Not to carry Spags' water, but I expect a base defense all preseason.

I don't expect anyone to see what he's going to really run until the season opener.

Yeah that's my point.

Trying to read into playcalling during preseason is silly.

Yeah that's my point.

Trying to read into playcalling during preseason is silly.

I don't know about others, but I'm not being critical of playcalling...but I think the ability to line up and beat the guy across from you was lacking...which may create an overreliance on the system that Spags brings.

Again, I'm certainly not throwing in the towel, but to walk away from that game and pretend that there weren't any red flags is a bit shortsighted I'd say.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't we 0-4 in preseason each of the last two Superbowl years?

Different players though, those guys were ascending in their play. Now it's patched together with so many questions.