SportsWrath

Because it's the offseason....another LT video

JMFP

He just pushed people out of the way like they were paper.

Never seen anyone do it like that.

The only thing I'm thinking though is my how the might have fallen, I can't believe the Giants had a defense like that. Even Spags defense was prone to game plan adjusting since Spags solution to everything was "Send more DEs and leave everyone else open".

Got to saw him in from day one... WE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL... They used to block linebackers with backs or TE's... after two years of LT demolishing lines they started to use tackles and guards... chip him ...double team him... the man was a beast... Glad he was a Giant... and he absolutely hated losing... LT reminded me of my Old Man... nasty at times... and willing to put it in your face... :) Not my style but I appreciated the both of theirs... :giants: :USA: :afro: :USA: :giants:

The only thing I'm thinking though is my how the might have fallen, I can't believe the Giants had a defense like that. Even Spags defense was prone to game plan adjusting since Spags solution to everything was "Send more DEs and leave everyone else open".

Basically BiC... it was truly a different era... a lot of two back (Pro Set) and full house backfields in those days... LT was a big reason for the two TE offensive lines and single back offense... the Shotgun was also used extensively to give the QB time to see what is developing in front of him... You just knew LT was coming up with the stop... It was a time when Defense was a beautiful thing to watch... LT was quoted telling the offense one time... you guys hold em till we get back in there... :LMAO: :giants: :LMAO:

We'll likely never see that again.....not only a guy like LT.....but coached by Belichick and Parcells......with Carson inside, and Banks on the other side......just sick stuff. Shit, Gary Reasons was a solid linebacker as well. Best linebacker unit in NFL history, in my opinion. And the defensive line was good as well.....stout against the run, occupied blockers and let the LBs dominate......Marshall was a horse, Burt was nasty, and George Martin was maybe my favorite all time Giant (with the possible exception of Carl Banks).

It was a pleasure to watch.....basically, every game with LT, you figured the team had a shot to win if they got even a decent amount of offense that day.

Not to get into Parcells v. Coughlin argument, but I couldn't imagine Parcells putting up with the special teams play we've seen over the years.....he would have bounced Quinn out on his handsome ass.

No idea how NFL Network put the late 80s Saints backers ahead of the Giants linebackers from that era... NY haters I guess. LT, Carson, Banks.... eventually guys like Pepper Johnson coming off the goddamn bench.... how is that not the greatest linebacker corp in history, hands down?

No idea how NFL Network put the late 80s Saints backers ahead of the Giants linebackers from that era... NY haters I guess. LT, Carson, Banks.... eventually guys like Pepper Johnson coming off the goddamn bench.... how is that not the greatest linebacker corp in history, hands down?

Agreed.....I watched that same program.....just shook my head and laughed.

And prior to that, they had Kelly and Van Pelt......it was quite a bloodline.

That's probably why I give Reese as much shit as I do......the defense, and the linebackers, have gone into the toilet with him as GM. I understand that the bar is set extremely high.....but when you need to re-sign Chase Blackburn to help your defense mid 2011, something is wrong with positional priorities.

Seems like they might have learned a lesson with Kennard last draft....but still, that's a 5th round pick.....a combination of good scouting and maybe some good luck there.

Exactly... I defy anyone to name any of those N.O. nobodies... :D

Exactly... I defy anyone to name any of those N.O. nobodies... :D

Sam Mills, um.... and.... uh.....

l'll grant you that Sam Mills may have been one up on Harry Carson (whom I am too young to have really seen play), and I know there were a couple other guys down there that were on par with Carl Banks, although their names escape me, but how in the world did they put that group over ANY unit that included LT?

Sam Mills, um.... and.... uh.....

l'll grant you that Sam Mills may have been one up on Harry Carson (whom I am too young to have really seen play), and I know there were a couple other guys down there that were on par with Carl Banks, although their names escape me, but how in the world did they put that group over ANY unit that included LT?

Before he was inducted into the HOF, Peter King broke down the defensive yards given up before and after Harry Carson played for the Giants.....would love to find that link.

To this day, and I'm including LT...... Harry Carson would be the 1st guy I'd pick for a goal line stand.

That fucking enraged me...and they totally pimped Reasons out of the clip and then not noting Peppers (91) or Hunt and even Headens (late 80s) all on the Bench behind those 4....(who could have started on a lot of other teams at the time).

But the biggest fuck off...is putting Jerry Rice as the Greatest Player of All Time ahead of #56...Rice was great...(especially with Two HOF QBs throwing to him).....not doubt...but Taylor changed the way the game is played..he invented the need for an H back...he is the reason Great Left Tackles get QB money....

He is #1..and there really isn't a close #2......

C. Wgaon.

That fucking enraged me...and they totally pimped Reasons out of the clip and then not noting Peppers (91) or Hunt and even Headens (late 80s) all on the Bench behind those 4....(who could have started on a lot of other teams at the time).

But the biggest fuck off...is putting Jerry Rice as the Greatest Player of All Time ahead of #56...Rice was great...(especially with Two HOF QBs throwing to him).....not doubt...but Taylor changed the way the game is played..he invented the need for an H back...he is the reason Great Left Tackles get QB money....

C. Wgaon.

EXACTLY... Before LT... the Left Tackle was just a big corn fed slow on the feet... who could road grade...

C. Wgaon.

EXACTLY... Before LT... the Left Tackle was just a big corn fed slow on the feet... who could road grade...

I respect Rice alot......certainly the best modern-era receiver. But you look at Don Hutson's numbers v. his competition, and it was pretty damn impressive.

I think when you are talking the greatest player of all time, you have to look at LT, Walter Payton, Jim Brown, Johnny Unitas, Joe Montana, etc. Rice was without a doubt one of the greatest of all time..... but the best ever?....not in my opinion, for the reasons that Chuck and others gave.

In my opinion, Jim Brown or LT....take your pick.

Whenever the greats are discussed, I always think Elway is a little underrated. He almost never comes up in the "greatest QB ever" conversation, and I don't know that he is, but he's in the conversation, and you can make a hell of a case for him.

I'm with you on LT, though. And Jim Brown was so dominant, but he definitely benefitted from being bigger than a lot of the defensive players of his era. I don't think he would've been quite as dominating if he played in the 80s and beyond