SportsWrath

What Do You Guys Think About OBJ?

carl 1010

I NEVER said that I don't love the way he plays the game. I never said he isn't a monster out there. I never said that he isn't the most exciting player that this franchise has had in a long time,

I also specifically said that I hope that toning down his post touchdown exuberance wouldn't have any effect on his performance or production.

I just feel that he needs to learn to tone it down a bit. You all saw him get flagged for taunting after his first TD. You all saw him hand the ball back to the ref after his second TD. Apparently, I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Anyway, I guess you folks disagree with me. Opinions are like assholes! Everybody's got one!

Have a great holiday, everyone!

I NEVER said that I don't love the way he plays the game. I never said he isn't a monster out there. I never said that he isn't the most exciting player that this franchise has had in a long time,

I also specifically said that I hope that toning down his post touchdown exuberance wouldn't have any effect on his performance or production.

I just feel that he needs to learn to tone it down a bit. You all saw him get flagged for taunting after his first TD. You all saw him hand the ball back to the ref after his second TD. Apparently, I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Anyway, I guess you folks disagree with me. Opinions are like assholes! Everybody's got one!

Good morning, Carl :)

Unless he said something to the DB, that penalty was pure bullshit. All he did was spin the ball and dance. Tre Mason did far more TAUNTING on his TD and got no flag.

And it wasn't just Beckham that toned it down in the 2nd half. Coughlin had to reign the whole team in as we were letting the Rams and their cheapshots get under our skin.

Unless he said something to the DB, that penalty was pure bullshit. All he did was spin the ball and dance. Tre Mason did far more TAUNTING on his TD and got no flag.

And it wasn't just Beckham that toned it down in the 2nd half. Coughlin had to reign the whole team in as we were letting the Rams and their cheapshots get under our skin.

Yeah, and Mason mocked ODB's dance, too.

Yeah, and Mason mocked ODB's dance, too.

Mason also threw in a little salsa! Agree that ODB should not have been flagged for his TD celebration. He spun the ball and did his dance, exactly as he'd done for his previous TDs. Only reason I can think of that could have drawn a flag this time was maybe he said something directly to the defender, like "you're a sorry MFer" or words to that effect. It looked to me like the Rams were intent on intimidating and maybe even injuring ODB from the time he came out of the tunnel.....like they were going to get him off his game with late, cheap hits and verbal threats.......and ODB was not backing down. In fact, he might have inflamed things a little.

To me, it's kind of disappointing to see that despite the fact that we finally have a kid who wants to play, loves the game, and hates losing....that we still have folks who think he should tone it down. We're talking about a kid with attitude and desire...that the rest of the team can rally around and you want to quell that? This is what the team has been missing throughout their mediocrity...a player who won't settle for losing. I've mentioned it I don't know how many times that the Giants lack heart and struggle to find an identity and they don't have a player that you can count on to make a play when a play is needed. That is Odell Beckham Jr. We have one now. We could really use one on the other side of the ball, now.

Beckham...this...THIS is our identity now. It's no longer Manning's ho-hum, "we have to make more plays" team. It's Odell's, Manning-givemethedamnball team.

Yeah, I'm with you on that thinking Drizzle, It's time to use what we have and be IN YOUR FACE, BITCHES!!!!

I saw TC get in his ear more than once, he'll learn. :laugh:

It's a Fisher/Greg Williams staple to be a dirty football team. I have no idea why anybody on this board would want him near the Giants. He has a 162-146 coaching record and his teams are always amongst the most penalized in the NFL

This... hate both of those fucks...

ODB is a flat-out beast, and the most exciting rookie I've ever seen on the Giants.

The only guys that ever came close to this anticipation-wise for me were Jeremy Shockey and Rodney Hampton, and OBJ beats them both handily. If we get a new strength and conditioning coach this guy has the potential to pass Amani Toomer as the GOAT receiver.

Of course, we're keeping Coughlin and by default Palmieri, so he'll probably miss eight games next year with quad and hamstring injuries, or he'll get a nagging problem with his ankle or knee but Coughlin will make him play with it anyway and ruin his career.