SportsWrath

The top TE in the draft went undrafted - doesn't pay to be an asshole

BleedinBlue

Colt Lyerla TE from Oregon went undrafted.

wp1g07t.jpg

Why? Because he's an asshole and he'd be a cancer on a team.

Rated as the best Tight End in the draft, yet many of the analysts that rated players didn't even include him on the board with a rating. Very troubled kid growing up and became an out of control nut job. For instance, after the Sandy Hook school shootings, he tweeted, "The parents of the kids that supposedly died in the sandy hook situation are liars".

He was thrown off the team mid-season for "an unspecified rules violation" and then later got busted for cocaine possession.

What a waste.

Wonder if some team thinks they can "cure" him by beating his demons. As much as the Giants need a TE, I sure hope they don't think they can fix this kid by signing him to a UDFA space.

Michael Sam woulda been a 4th rounder if he slapped around his girlfriend!

True

I think a lot of teams didn't want to cut the first openly gay NFL player

My guess is Sam makes the final roster even if he sucks, just to dodge that rap

But I'm pulling for the dude

hard to tell if he would been the same with us. Marvin has a way with troubled players. TC hard love wouldnt work with most guys like Vontez

Great point there,, TC is one of those guys whom held you responiable for your actions and not the nanny type of coach. Trouble guys wouldn't respond well to that. But I did wanted Vontez and/or te'O.

True

I think a lot of teams didn't want to cut the first openly gay NFL player

My guess is Sam makes the final roster even if he sucks, just to dodge that rap

But I'm pulling for the dude

I bet you are, Snowball... :030: :supergay:

How old is this kid?

He does look great and I'm not one to hold some kid's remarks, stupid as they maybe, against him... He maybe an asshole now.. or at least sounds like one but he has room to mature. I hope Reese signs this kid.

In order to be on the Giants team, he'd have to go public with an apology and show that he is contrite. Otherwise, he brings a firestorm of problems like boycotting games, protests everywhere the Giants go, etc.

I hope the kid can find peace in himself and pull it together. My bet is he's getting high somewhere, bitching about not getting drafted. Serious talent, serious character flaws.

The really sad thing is, that this kid was groomed like an NFL TE, which is really rare in college these days. Most TE's in college are simply an extra lineman to protect the QB or to help make holes for the RB. Not this kid. And he was groomed by Chip Kelly and you have to wonder why he hasn't picked him up for the Eagles except that he knows much more about the kid's internal demons that what has been written about him.

yeah i was thinking the same thing and i thought it was pretty telling but they already have celek and found a real keeper in the 2nd round last year in ertz so maybe they just don't have any room to take a shot on someone with this guy's rap sheet.

we, on the other hand, have plenty of room lol

yeah i was thinking the same thing and i thought it was pretty telling but they already have celek and found a real keeper in the 2nd round last year in ertz so maybe they just don't have any room to take a shot on someone with this guy's rap sheet.

we, on the other hand, have plenty of room lol

This guy looks like the player Shockey never lived up to be...

he looks better honestly. maybe i just don't know enough about college football to put highlights in proper context but god damn this guy looks good. i love some of those runs he had out of the backfield. i'm not sure if he can block but if he can then you can throw him at h-back too

This guy looks like the player Shockey never lived up to be...

I had visions of Bavaro watching the highlites. But that is blasphemous to say to any true Giants' fan. There will never be another Bavaro, the greatest TE in Giants' history.

Those are highlight videos, because that's pretty much his whole career.

His whole career was about 1-year due to suspensions and finally being dismissed from the team. He wasn't a starter as a freshman, yet as a backup, he still had 5 TD's. He started 9 games as a sophomore and had 6 TD's and led the Pacific League in yardage and catches for TE's even though he wasn't a starter all games. As a Junior he played 2 games before being dismissed from the team.

He only started in 11 games his entire shortened college career.

His whole career was about 1-year due to suspensions and finally being dismissed from the team. He wasn't a starter as a freshman, yet as a backup, he still had 5 TD's. He started 9 games as a sophomore and had 6 TD's and led the Pacific League in yardage and catches for TE's even though he wasn't a starter all games. As a Junior he played 2 games before being dismissed from the team.

He only started in 11 games his entire shortened college career.

Exactly. 25 receptions in his only year. I wouldn't touch him. I am much happier with Grimble.