SportsWrath

Giants just took a running back from Boston College

RandolphScott

We shouldn't be running screens to RB's anyway.

yea it seems to be one of those plays that the defense sniffs out 95% of the time. It has to go dormant for a few years and then arise with surprise.

yea it seems to be one of those plays that the defense sniffs out 95% of the time. It has to go dormant for a few years and then arise with surprise.

If you don't practice it, how are you going to be good at it? I think that was the problem with our screen pass, Gilbride would rather throw the ball down field.

If you don't practice it, how are you going to be good at it? I think that was the problem with our screen pass, Gilbride would rather throw the ball down field.

you may be right. i just don't like the RB screen because if it is sniffed out, there's no where to go with the play.

I watched this kid tear apart Army's defense last year. I turned to my friend, also a Giants fan, and said I bet Coughlin drafts this BC kid. Glad to see I was right, dude runs very hard.

Could be their new Andre Brown

Eli just doesn't seem to.have the timing for it. He never lets it develop right.

Agreed. But also, our spacing never seems right. The back receiving the ball is always bumping into the OL as the ball arrives and it's a logjam before the play has a chance to breath. Hope that's high on the list of things to be corrected.

Still reading up on this guy and I like him a lot. Everyone knows he will take the ball and there will be "4 yards and a cloud of dust". But what I've found on other sites, is that "he is a very good blitz protector and excellent blocker".

With the front line being shored up to protect Eli, it's great to have a big RB that knows how to block when not carrying the ball. I think that was the second biggest knock on Wilson...the first of course, holding onto the ball, the second being that he was a piss poor blocker.

I see this guy becoming our feature back, for no other reason that he will be part of the team to keep Eli upright as he spreads the ball around. With a blocking TE, a blocking RB, and a blocking fullback....maybe Eli will have that extra second or two for the routes to pan out before having to throw off his heels.