SportsWrath

who is currently the most overrated player on the giant roster?

donovan4prez

Jim Finn..

Are you serious? Finn was Mr. Irrelevant. You do not find many FB's who can catch plus block that well. He is not the best in the league but gets the job done, especially opening holes for Tiki.

overrated=Sam madison

Underrated=Carlos Emmons

Ya cant really say he is over rated...He hasnt payed a game for us yet :TU:

Besides he has been to a couple PB's :TU:

I agree about Carlos though :rock:

I would Say the MOST underrated is SNEE....He is one of the top OG's :rock:

overrated=Sam madison

Underrated=Carlos Emmons

I agree, Sam Madison is one of the most overrated. A lot of Giants fans figure him to be our savior when he is on the downside of his career.

You'll have to explain Carlos Emmons being underrated and try to stay away from the fact that he is a vet.

Personally I think Ryan Kuehl is the most overrated Giant.

In all seriousness Damane Duckett and Jonas Seawright as of late have been overrated by quite a few Giants fans. (not necessarily at this board)

Are you serious? Finn was Mr. Irrelevant. You do not find many FB's who can catch plus block that well. He is not the best in the league but gets the job done, especially opening holes for Tiki.

If by getting the job done means getting blasted by opposing LB, safties and CB. Then yes, he gets the job done. And please, do not credit Finn for all of Tiki's yard. Most of Tiki's yards came in a 2 TE set.

Lavar Arrington.

Arrington has always been one of the more overrated players in the league in my view. We have yet to see how he'll perform as a Giant but to date he's come up way short on living up to his press clippings.

Guest Lockhart
vote!

Lavar Arrington or Plaxico Burress

Edited by Lockhart

If by getting the job done means getting blasted by opposing LB, safties and CB. Then yes, he gets the job done. And please, do not credit Finn for all of Tiki's yard. Most of Tiki's yards came in a 2 TE set.

Finn's a decent blocker and has decent hands. And it's not as if you see Finn jerseys everywhere you turn and he's on ESPNs top 10 everyday. He gives you all that you need from a FB.

Most underrated I'd say would go to Pierce. He's an absolute stud and even though it was a short season for him, he played amazing, especially down the stretch. The thing that dissappoints me even though it's not that big of a deal is that Lavar jerseys are flying off the shelf when he hasn't played a down for the Giants and we really don't know his current situation and I don't see Osi and Pierce jerseys in many areas despite them being great guys and outstanding athletes.

Edited by gateb

Lavar Arrington.

Arrington has always been one of the more overrated players in the league in my view. We have yet to see how he'll perform as a Giant but to date he's come up way short on living up to his press clippings.

I dont know it seems now more people are 'hatin' on Lavar then overrating him. Especially with what has happened with in the last year or so. I wouldnt call him overrated anymore because of that.

I dont know it seems now more people are 'hatin' on Lavar then overrating him. Especially with what has happened with in the last year or so. I wouldnt call him overrated anymore because of that.

The only people around here who seemed to be hating on him were the Dufus quadruplets, although I'll admit I think he's underachieved too. However the media still think he's a Pro Bowler. Skins fans wouldn't say a bad word about him, until of course he bought his way out of his deal. Suddenly we got honest critiques of the guy from that fanbase.

Arrington's gotten far more favorable press than his performance should have alloted him.

Finn's a decent blocker and has decent hands. And it's not as if you see Finn jerseys everywhere you turn and he's on ESPNs top 10 everyday. He gives you all that you need from a FB.

Sorry Gateb, but Finn has alot of mis-blocks.

Sorry Gateb, but Finn has alot of mis-blocks.

He does, but the arguement for overrated does not really fit the way he is hyped by the media and the fans, so I wouldn't call him the most underrated on the team.

Can we do better? Yes. Are we content with what we have? Absolutely.

The only people around here who seemed to be hating on him were the Dufus quadruplets, although I'll admit I think he's underachieved too. However the media still think he's a Pro Bowler. Skins fans wouldn't say a bad word about him, until of course he bought his way out of his deal. Suddenly we got honest critiques of the guy from that fanbase.

Arrington's gotten far more favorable press than his performance should have alloted him.

Well remember before he signed there were a lot of people besides the quadruplets that didnt want him and were saying how overrated he is and all that stuff about Greg Williams, Paterno, Lewis all sayign LA is a free lancer. Now that he's signed of course many jints fans are singing a different tune.