SportsWrath

Eric Ebron's pro day.

Bigblue25

"@nfldraftscout: Reports from UNC pro day indicate Eric Ebron having some drop issues...but he's still going top 20 on May 8."

He seems to be the most popular mock pick for the Giants(including mine) thought I'd share

I don't understand why CJ Fiedorowicz isn't higher on draft boards. To me, he's a phenomenal talent. I think he's better than previous 1st and 2nd round TE's in recent drafts like Eifert, Fleener, or Rudolph. I've watched some tape of his, he's 6-6, 265, and he can has big, strong hands that swallow up the ball. His hands are top shelf, really good. This guy's game is tailor-made for the NFL. I can see him going in the 2nd round, despite projections that he's a 3rd or 4th rounder. If we got him in the 3rd we'd be stealing him, and I think he's going to be the best TE in this draft. He ran a 4.76 at the combine, plenty fast enough for him. Plus, he was the top guy at his position in the 3-cone with a 7.10, showing great short area quickness. CJ's problem is that he played in a heavy run first offense at Iowa, where he was limited in opportunities. But watch him blossom in the NFL. He's a 2-way TE, a complete TE, and as good an athlete as Ebron is, he's not a 2-way TE.

The problem I have with Ebron at 12 is that he doesn't have the ceiling of Jimmy Graham or Vernon Davis, and isn't the freakish athlete that those two players are. He is a talented athlete, he has some speed, but if you watch the tape, he doesn't run routes as well as Fiedo, and doesn't use his body as well in terms of physicality with the defenders, either. The more I watch of Ebron, I think he is a back end 1st rounder and does not have near enough upside or present near enough value to be taken at 12.

He's nowhere near Derek Brown. The guy Niklas that Bleedin wants is more Derek Brown. He only dropped three passes yesterday. Had 8 on the year on 70 targets. Ebron's still my first round pick.

If Taylor Lewan is still on the board, and they pick Ebron, and the OL struggles, Reese should get fired.

If Taylor Lewan is still on the board, and they pick Ebron, and the OL struggles, Reese should get fired.

If Lewan OR Martin are available, I'd be stoked with either. Given we lost Joseph AND Tuck, I'd be happy with the top rated DT too. Shit, even Justin Gilbert, the top rated CB, I'd be cool with but don't see that happening given DRC and Thurmond.

But, this team does need a TE and I don't want to be stuck with some shit stain that can't play.

They are not going to give up on Beatty and they signed Schwartz. We can wait for OL in other rounds.

They are not going to give up on Beatty and they signed Schwartz. We can wait for OL in other rounds.

Issue with Beatty is not the drop off in ability that he showed last year so much as it's the injury that may keep him out of offseason training...delaying him for the start of the season. So while they may not give up on him, they have to prepare as if he won't be available.

An OT in the first round provides insurance (1) should Beatty's injury keep him out of the lineup and (2) should this past year's struggles for Beatty recur. Further, if Beatty does come back to form, the draft pick could take Pugh's spot and Pugh could move inside. And beyond that, Snee coming back this year is a gift...I'd not expect another out of him...so even if you don't want to move Pugh this year, we could move him next to replace Snee with this year's draft pick replacing Pugh at RT.

Any way you cut it, our depth on the offensive line has been abysmal and I, for one, don't feel that the 2 FA signings are enough.

That said, it may be enough to focus the first round pick on a WR, DT, or DE.

That said, the C and G we got in FA will both help.

Issue with Beatty is not the drop off in ability that he showed last year so much as it's the injury that may keep him out of offseason training...delaying him for the start of the season. So while they may not give up on him, they have to prepare as if he won't be available.

An OT in the first round provides insurance (1) should Beatty's injury keep him out of the lineup and (2) should this past year's struggles for Beatty recur. Further, if Beatty does come back to form, the draft pick could take Pugh's spot and Pugh could move inside. And beyond that, Snee coming back this year is a gift...I'd not expect another out of him...so even if you don't want to move Pugh this year, we could move him next to replace Snee with this year's draft pick replacing Pugh at RT.

Any way you cut it, our depth on the offensive line has been abysmal and I, for one, don't feel that the 2 FA signings are enough.

Schwartz can also play LT. Draft OG in round two

Although I'm not opposed to drafting Lewan I don't think the OT position is as dire of a need as you suggest. It's already been said that Beatty will be ready by camp. He had a very good season only a year ago we just have to hope he regains that form. With a better LG playing beside him and a new offense less dependent on 5-7 step drops we have reason to be opptomistic. With that said, however, we need a back up swing tackle capable of starting on either side. Lucky for us OT is very talented in the top three rounds.