SportsWrath

Justin Tuck is a Raider

Mr. P

According to Tuck it was approximately half of what the Raiders offered, which is a joke. Consider that OBrien Schofield was offered a two-year $8 million offer. Schofield had 11 sacks in 50 NFL games while Tuck had 11 last season. The Giants signed Jon Beason, the Beason that lost his job to Blackburn no less, to $12 million over two years and possibly $19 million over three ($7 million guaranteed). The Giants couldn't find $3 or probably $2 million more for Tuck than they paid for Schofield? Terrible.

According to Tuck it was approximately half of what the Raiders offered, which is a joke. Consider that OBrien Schofield was offered a two-year $8 million offer. Schofield had 11 sacks in 50 NFL games while Tuck had 11 last season. The Giants signed Jon Beason, the Beason that lost his job to Blackburn no less, to $12 million over two years and possibly $19 million over three ($7 million guaranteed). The Giants couldn't find $3 or probably $2 million more for Tuck than they paid for Schofield? Terrible.

Agreed. It is upsetting.

He's been on and off. How many times have you guys said "dude where the fuck is Tuck?" for him to show up in the last 2 games of the season. He's so spontaneous with his gameplay, and I can bet he'll be the same in Oakland.

He said he would of taken 2 years 8million. Same we gave Schofield. I don't get it. I think Reese is trying to get younger on the dline, which is understandable, but Tuck could of at least provided depth and mentored Moore.

He's been on and off. How many times have you guys said "dude where the fuck is Tuck?" for him to show up in the last 2 games of the season. He's so spontaneous with his gameplay, and I can bet he'll be the same in Oakland.

He did disappear most of the season, expect when playing the Redskins RT and two QB's who couldn't move.

Tuck just quoted as saying he'd have taken 2 years, 8 million...but Giants were offering 2 years, less than 6 million and didn't want to budge.

Don't know...even if the intent was to move on from Tuck, which I can understand...the 2 year deal proves that we weren't interested long term. I don't see how we couldn't have offered the same as what we offered that Schoefield guy...which is the same 2-year, 8 million deal that Tuck referenced...hell, even 2 years, 7 million with some incentives bulit in might have gotten it done.

Even if he became more of a rotational guy, it might've been a worthwhile insurance policy given JPP's health and Moore being unproven. It does sound like Kiwi will be full time on the D-Line rotation now with Beason and McClain coming back/in.

I think just shows they werent worried about losing him. Sure it would have been nice to have him for his entire career like Strahan. But the writings on the wall. Im sure if another tem offered him a 7-8 mill deal and tuck was opened to a lesser one from the Giants it wouldve happened. But then the Raiders come in and ovr pay him and the Giants move on. Thats that. If Tuck was so in love with New Jersey he wouldve just stayed for the deal we offered. But apparantly he is a greedy bastard. Now he has to move from where he's been living for the past 10 years and move his family as well. I sound like sour grapes but he makes enough money that another 4-5 million dollars would not by any means make him or break him. Remember this, he chose to leave, he couldve stayed.

He did disappear most of the season, expect when playing the Redskins RT and two QB's who couldn't move.

That's true. Look, it was a good time for him to go. I am glad he got a great contract. And he and the Pittsburgh guy will be good role model in Oaktown while they rebuild. If I were them, I'd trade their pick for more picks in this or future drafts. Tuck will not be around when this team makes the playoffs but maybe his influence will be felt.

That's true. Look, it was a good time for him to go. I am glad he got a great contract. And he and the Pittsburgh guy will be good role model in Oaktown while they rebuild. If I were them, I'd trade their pick for more picks in this or future drafts. Tuck will not be around when this team makes the playoffs but maybe his influence will be felt.

I think their drafting Clowney.

Guys, with all due respect, the Giants could have cut Tuck last season around the time they did their big purge and it would have been more justified based off his performance return. Instead, he finished out his contract. If you look around the league and see guys like Ware/Smith/Peppers all getting released, the fact is the Giants have shown him enough respect letting him play the contract out and pay him. If they gave him 2 years at 6 million, then frankly I think that's fair. O'Brein Schofield is younger than Tuck and had more tread on his tires than Tuck, so you can't really compare the offers. And a lot of the experts are indicating that Tuck had really one serious offer and that most think the Raiders overpaid for him.

Guys, with all due respect, the Giants could have cut Tuck last season around the time they did their big purge and it would have been more justified based off his performance return. Instead, he finished out his contract. If you look around the league and see guys like Ware/Smith/Peppers all getting released, the fact is the Giants have shown him enough respect letting him play the contract out and pay him. If they gave him 2 years at 6 million, then frankly I think that's fair. O'Brein Schofield is younger than Tuck and had more tread on his tires than Tuck, so you can't really compare the offers. And a lot of the experts are indicating that Tuck had really one serious offer and that most think the Raiders overpaid for him.

Agreed.....nobody ever accused the Raiders of rational free agent moves.

The way I see it, the Raiders paid top dollar for Tuck. Glad he got a deal.

Tuck gave the years of his career to the G-Men, and down the road, he'll retire as a Giant, and he'll be a NY advertising fixture. I'm sure he's going to play his hand like Strahan did.