SportsWrath

Antrel Rolle Appreciation Thread

osi724dasack

This guy is an animal

Perfect tackling, leader, mentor, swag, U born, beast, versatile, earns his check, hits hard, shows up, plays hurt and plays well while hurt.

Guys a monster and I love him

Rolle and Hill is a nice duo for the next few years. They are both FS in my eyes but either one could play SS however i prefer Hill in the Kenny Phillips role when needed

N.Y. Giants' Antrel Rolle rants about Pro Bowl snub

By Kevin Patra

Everyone has his or her own take on the makeup of this season's Pro Bowl rosters.

We gave you our biggest snubs of the 2014 Pro Bowl, leading with linebackers Lavonte David andThomas Davis.

Players are likely to have their own take on the issue. However, not every player is as open about his frustration as Antrel Rolle.

The New York Giants' safety took to Twitter on Friday night to protest his omission from the roster.

"Tell me which safety has better numbers and made more game changing plays than me this year???? I'll wait!!!!" Rolle Tweeted "This Pro Bowl [expletive] is a joke."

Rolle then retweeted a graphic of his stats next to those of Eric Berry, Kam Chancellor and Troy Polamalu -- presumably men he feels he should have gotten in ahead of.

Rolle has been superb over the last month of the season. However, he started off disastrously when the Giants began the year 0-6. The boisterous safety has a case to make the Pro Bowl, but he isn't even our most egregious omission at the position.

According to sportrac.com, Rolle has a $100,000 Pro Bowl bonus in his contract. But we're sure his Twitter rant had nothing to do with that (#sarcasm).

Oddly enough, no players from either of the two football teams who play at MetLife Stadium made thePro Bowl.

He does have better stats than those three guys who made the ballot though. I think he has a right to be frustrated, but everyone knows the Pro Bowl is bullshit.

Agreed. And I think they aren't even doing AFC/NFC anymore. It's my captains choices, kinda mimicking what the NHL does.

He does have better stats than those three guys who made the ballot though. I think he has a right to be frustrated, but everyone knows the Pro Bowl is bullshit.

Yeah, and so does Rolle. Except he's also out a $100,000 Pro Bowl bonus.

Frankly, John Beason deserves to make the pro bowl before Rolle. We improved the minute he made the team, and by the way, so did Rolle's play.

Good point, boo.

Possibly, also the whole, players telling Fewell to let the team just "play"