SportsWrath

Osi

Blindgreed1

Come on new Joe. JPP and Moore are both Reese's guys. You can't be upset that he hasn't addressed the DE position too.

Sure I can. JPP is to the NFL what Big Country was to MTV. I'm waiting for his followup album.....should be any season now.

Moore seems to bruise like a grape.

I also liked the way our GM decided take negotiations with Osi down to the maturity level of a high school cheerleader.....awesome to open the papers and listen to them sniping at eachother for a couple semesters.

For what it's worth, if Osi were still here, he'd probably suck....he was awful in containment. Also, he's playing LB over in Atlanta, but didn't want to play that sort of role here.....I'm sure it was a byproduct of his pissing contest with Reese.

I've never been a big fan of Fewell, but my biggest gripe is how guys like Osi, Tuck, and JPP and just leaned on so much.

Yes because our run defense is sooooo much better now. We are 26th and allowing an awesome 126 yards per game.

Painful stat of the moment: Osi has 4 sacks the entire Giants D has 5. <_<

Actually our run defense is much better. Last year we were giving up 4.6 yards per carry and many teams were getting first down yardage just by the running the ball, now its only 3.9 yards per carry and most of those yards are coming from QB's scrambling out of the pocket. Osi never had a problem hitting a QB, its RBs he avoids.

The man has 1 less sack than the entire Giants defense. Let that sink in.

We ALL should miss Osi Umenyiora. I guess that's what happens when you let the man get healthy and put him in a pure pass rushing role....instead of trying to utilize him as an every down player.

Oh yea I'm sure teams running at him with ease and him taking himself out of plays by running 20 yards upfield had nothing to do with it... dude was all finnesse

Sure I can. JPP is to the NFL what Big Country was to MTV. I'm waiting for his followup album.....should be any season now.

Moore seems to bruise like a grape.

I also liked the way our GM decided take negotiations with Osi down to the maturity level of a high school cheerleader.....awesome to open the papers and listen to them sniping at eachother for a couple semesters.

For what it's worth, if Osi were still here, he'd probably suck....he was awful in containment. Also, he's playing LB over in Atlanta, but didn't want to play that sort of role here.....I'm sure it was a byproduct of his pissing contest with Reese.

I've never been a big fan of Fewell, but my biggest gripe is how guys like Osi, Tuck, and JPP and just leaned on so much.

That was on Osi.

Drafting a Probowl player = bad job. Glad you're not doing my performance reviews, Joe.

Sorry, no longer sold on JPP. Maybe it's because he's got a bad back, and shouldn't be playing....which I've said since when I heard he needed back surgery.

Otherwise, if he is in fact healthy, he's having a crappy season.

For the record.....our pass rush SUCKED last year, and it SUCKS this year. Our defensive line is more the stuff of myth than reality at this point. Frankly, I'd rather spend the money and the draft picks on an offensive line, since we need to score at least 35 per game to compensate for our shitty defensive ends and linebackers.

As far as your performance review, I'd give you negative marks for attitude.

he's not a perfect player but he's a good one and causes turnovers. he can play on my team any day

Agreed

The man makes plays out there, he's a really good pass rusher and an even better playmaker.

Think he has a pick 6 this year too.

Fred Robbins was another guy who would make plays but at DT

Sorry, no longer sold on JPP. Maybe it's because he's got a bad back, and shouldn't be playing....which I've said since when I heard he needed back surgery.

Otherwise, if he is in fact healthy, he's having a crappy season.

For the record.....our pass rush SUCKED last year, and it SUCKS this year. Our defensive line is more the stuff of myth than reality at this point. Frankly, I'd rather spend the money and the draft picks on an offensive line, since we need to score at least 35 per game to compensate for our shitty defensive ends and linebackers.

As far as your performance review, I'd give you negative marks for attitude.

Reese's job during the draft is to find players with potential. You can't argue that he didn't do that.

It's the coaches' job to see that potential realised, not Reese's.

You can blame Reese for Marvin Austin not working out but you can't blame him for JPP's backslide.

Reese's job during the draft is to find players with potential. You can't argue that he didn't do that.

You can blame Reese for Marvin Austin not working out but you can't blame him for JPP's backslide.

Yeah you cant blame JPP on Reese.

He brought in a guy who can be if not be best DE in football today and JPP shown he "could" play at the level.

It's not JRs fault that JPP has regressed and for some stupid fucking reason decided to elect for back surgery a month before the start of pre-seaon.

I know you cant force players to get surgery but there should be some sort of clause in the contract that if your stupid enough to wait for a surgery that takes 6 months to recover from and you get it months before the start of the season you should lose your paycheck.

And this is any different then what JPP/Tuck/Kiwi have been doing this year?

Yes.. Osi was flat out horrible... he'd have a game with 6 sacks and disappears for the next 5... and hands down will have the cleanest uniform.

Yeah you cant blame JPP on Reese.

He brought in a guy who can be if not be best DE in football today and JPP shown he "could" play at the level.

It's not JRs fault that JPP has regressed and for some stupid fucking reason decided to elect for back surgery a month before the start of pre-seaon.

I know you cant force players to get surgery but there should be some sort of clause in the contract that if your stupid enough to wait for a surgery that takes 6 months to recover from and you get it months before the start of the season you should lose your paycheck.

JPP is out of shape... you can see it.. his backside looks similar to that of Booth. He and Tuck can blame the lack of production on injuries/surgeries but as a pro-player where your main job is to stay in top shape, that's not an excuse given the time it's been since said injuries/surgeries.

Having said that.. I think Tuck is on the decline and no turning back and JPP will need a stud on the other side to compliment him...

I concur and it's why I gave Reese a good on his drafts. Drafting talent is not easy especially when injuries creep in.

On the Osi stance right now it'd be great to get 6 sacks in a game and disappear for a few games. As it stands the pressure from this "formidable" DLine is just not there anymore and hasn't been for a while.