SportsWrath

English Premiership Soccer .......starts again

UK-Giantsfan

Saw this morning that Leeds players are deferring this months wages and administration is likely, might even be relegated. Will put them above the line with the docking of 10 points, but it might go all downhill from there.

Spurs were just awful today ..........against the top 4 this season they have now played 8 , lost 7 , drawn 1 with a goal difference of ( -25 ) 2-27 ....shocking.

Liverpool top .........im beginning to believe that the unthinkable could happen !

That was a huge win for Liverpool, totally outclassed Spurs. Liverpool still has to play Chelsea and City who have two games in hand. If they manage to beat City, then they should win it all, but a very tough task. Disappointed with QPR's draw yesterday. Burnley is in big trouble. They already lost Ings for the year and now Vokes is out. They would have to go on a terrible run to blow it.

yes JR ...it looks like you will have to settle for the playoffs !

that awful run of games in Feb cost you dear .......but you have looked like a decent side in March.

can you catch Burnley ........? maybe , but not very likely.

you needed 3 points against Blackpool ........sounds like a 1-1 draw was a fair result from what I heard .

UK

Yep, needed three points but another wasted opportunity. Vokes is done for the year with an torn ACL, that is a big loss but they should be safe with 9 points ahead. So Burnley has (A) Watford, (A) Barnsley, (H) Boro, (A) Blackpool, (H) Wigan, (H) Ipswich, and (A) Reading. They can possibly lose 4 games out of the remaining 7, but you know QPR, they won't win half of their games left. Realistically it will not happen, but you never know.

Man U played well .....and I thought that Bayern were poor on the night. Very poor in the last 3rd of the field when in attack.

Moyes had a decent game plan and he got men behind the ball in defence all night long. ( even Rio and Vidic played well for once ! )

The 2nd leg could be interesting ( especially without Schweinsteiger ) ......but I think Man U will have to score 2 goals to go through in Germany.

Shame that Welbeck couldn't score with that gift in the 1st half.

I pounded the table on the welbeck. How he didn't score. I honestly think that kid is a united player for years to come. But you cannot put effort like that in and blow chances like that.

Kagawa for giggs helped. Buttner was at sea. Felliani was off the pace. But I agree I think moyrs got the tactics right and Bayern took too much out of the ball. Martinez and boateng didn't look that safe .

He embellished no question but schweinsteiger was reckless and already on a yellow. That said I thought Valencia was lucky to stay on the field

That is true, it was a bad foul. That game was really enjoyable to watch, I really thought United got into their heads. Too bad that Bayern tied it. United can get a result out of this.

Barcelona has been hit with a 14 month transfer ban. I wonder how they will get around it?

Charlie Austin might be back for Saturday! He might be available to come off the bench for 15-30 minutes.

Huge huge game this sunday for Liverpool. I think they can win this one, and if they do, the title is ripe for the taking. A little worried thought, that their form might start dropping. They got the win against West Ham, but didn't play at their best. If City wins this one, even with two games in hand on everyone, they should cruise all the way. Unfortunately, Chelsea is still hanging around up there, while the Gunners look like their are out of it, and might be in trouble for a CL spot with the Toffies right up their asses.

The bottom of the table is also pretty interesting. I think Fulham stays up while Norwich falls. They play Fulham next week, and after that game, their schedule is brutal with games against Liverpool, United, Chelsea, and Arsenal. If they don't win at Fulham, they are done. Firing Haughton was just plain dumb. Sunderland and Cardiff looks like they are the other two to be relegated.

Well, nothing really to say about Arry's boys. They are starting to get healthy with Simpson and Austin back. Dunne has been horrible and has been a liability back there. Say anything you want about Barton, but the team has been shit without him and they need him for the playoffs. He is two yellows away from a three game suspension (I think).

To be honest JR , QPR are better than Reading and Wigan I believe. I think it is between you and Derby in the battle for the 3rd promotion spot. You guys seem to have overcome that poor spell of midseason ( Feb ) form. Redknap knows how to get you up from here !

The Liverpool v Man City game at Anfield on Sun will be our biggest game since May 2005 when we beat Inter to win the Champions League. Im trying to get tickets , but I just cant get one at a decent price ( I was offered one for £800 yesterday ).

Liverpool were a bit tight away at West Ham on Sun ( but a win is a win as they say ). My gut says this game will be a 1-1 draw , but who knows. I haven't really got it into my head that we can actually win the Premiership yet ....it is a massive surprise to even be in this position !

Boo - Man U suddenly look like a good football team .......too late ? ( or is there a shock coming in the second leg in Germany ).

As for Arsenal DG - what a terrible collapse. They look like a team in disarray at the moment. Wenger was genuinely shocked after that mauling by Everton on Sun.

What a remarkable season !

See, I am worried about Derby too, I think they can beat definitely beat Reading in the semifinal, but Wigan will be tough. As long as they are healthy, they have a good shot at winning at Wembley. I just wonder what Derby they will get, if they end up meeting in the final ( I hate looking ahead). Are they going to get a Derby side who destroys teams or are they going to get a team who loses to teams at the bottom of the table?

I would not be surprised to see ManU win the second leg. Going to be very tough for Liverpool. At the start of the season, I never thought they would be anywhere in the top 5. Especially with the Suarez incident, I thought he was a goner. Even if they don't win the league, they will definitely get into the CL, and maybe bring in some more quality players. Rodgers defintely deservers manager of the season.

Cannot complain much. Amazing goal by Evra, however, they slacked off. Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Kagawa all had good games. But Rooney wasn't right. Fletcher played okay but isn't it a shame that this guy possibly lost his 2 peak years in soccer, him and Carrick were fine holding the space in front of the defence but simply couldn't create or link up with the forwards or play the channels to give Welbecks something to run onto.

that said Bayern are another level, they deserved the victory. By the way, nobody better sleep on Athletico, they deserved to win that game.

I really thought after that Evra goal, the game was theirs, but unfortunately, they woke a sleeping giant. Nice to see Barca out of it though. Freaking amazing ending to the Chelsea/PSG game yesterday. I can't stand Chelsea, but for some reason, I like Mourinho. I am really not that impressed with Bayern, I just think United did slack off afterwards. Rooney had that wide open shot, for them to take the lead for the second time, but you can tell there was something definitely wrong there. Even I could have scored that.

I really thought after that Evra goal, the game was theirs, but unfortunately, they woke a sleeping giant. Nice to see Barca out of it though. Freaking amazing ending to the Chelsea/PSG game yesterday. I can't stand Chelsea, but for some reason, I like Mourinho. I am really not that impressed with Bayern, I just think United did slack off afterwards. Rooney had that wide open shot, for them to take the lead for the second time, but you can tell there was something definitely wrong there. Even I could have scored that.

Well Welbeck should have shot the ball himself, it should never have been passed to Rooney. Wellbeck has to learn to shoot on goal better than this if he wants to get to the next level because he has everything else.

Nice 5-2 win for QPR over Forest there JR ...... ( albeit 2 very late goals after 90 mins ).
I'm getting seriously pumped about a certain game tomorrow in the North West.
25th Anniversary of the Hillsborough Tragedy today ..... I was 19 and at Uni when it happened. A dark day in the history of Liverpool FC. Never forget the 96

Definitely the best attacking they have displayed all season, and should be a lock for the playoffs now. They still have some work to do though and are starting to get healthy a little at a time. I really liked the lineup today of Green, Simpson, Dunne, Onouha, BAE, Hoilett, Jenas, Carrol, Benny, Ravel, and Austin. Kranjar is fit and Barton should be back very soon, and when they will be added to the starting lineup, they are going to be dangerous. The last two losses have been brutal though. I knew they would be poor against Blackburn on Tuesday. They started a League 2 side.

Very dark day in the history, and all those lives lost won't be forgotten... Can't wait for tomorrows game. Going to be huge

Wow ...what a game .....I thought we were going to lose it mid way through the second half when City came back strongly.

The goal by Coutinho changed everything. ( totally against the run of play )

We were fortunate I think .....a draw would have been the fair result.

Suarez was lucky to stay on the pitch and should have been sent off for that dive ( with a second yellow )

Shame we lost Henderson ....we will miss him for 3 vital games.

My nerves are shredded.

That was a horrible challenge by Henderson. Great win though, fully deserved. City was really taking it to them in the second half and a draw would have been a great result for Liverpool. Well Liverpool has been on the other end of those unlucky breaks so it all evens out at thr end.