SportsWrath

English Premiership Soccer .......starts again

UK-Giantsfan

so Boo , how do you see the matchup of Utd and Liverpool on Sun ? ( i'm thinking a 1-1 draw to be honest )

DG - Nice North London derby game for Arsenal v Spurs ( plenty of hate there ! )

JR - Surely QPR can beat Yeovil at home ! ( big game between Derby and Reading isnt it ? )

Ha, I wouldn't bet on it. £150 million in debt, good times!

So much for what I thought.

Congrats Uk, well deserved today. 2 correct penalty calls, no complaints. hard done by on the Vidic sending off, but our defending was horrendous. Feiliani is devoid of creativity, Rooney blocked up all the channels today and gave the ball awa so many times. Carrick left wanting. Any slight hope of champs league went today.

Yeah, let's do ourselves some favors first.....like defend!

Again, with all the talk about what Moyes does or does not, the fucking defending this year has been awful. Watching guys stand around while the ball pings around the goal and watching guys stand while our opponents attack the ball is shocking. Dzeko lost Rio on the 2nd goal, but he ran into a spot where Welbeck and Feilaini were standing. Neither one attacked the ball, in fact Wellbeck blocked the goalie's view.

Good thing is, at least it hasn't affected Chris Smalling's social life.

come on Man U .........do your old Scouse friends a favour tonight ! ( huge game )

PS .....JR what do you think about the implosion at N Forest ? ( even Warnock doesn't want the job )

Another loss for Forest today with not much time to go. Yeah they are fading, poor Jamie Mackie. I am happy that Warnock isn't going, really happy. Holloway was dumb for taking the Millwall job though.

JR, good win for you guys tonight beating a hot team like that.

Probably the best overall they have played all season, even with all the injures. The ref was a joke though. 10 behind Burnley with 8 to go. Probably not going to catch up, need a miracle.

By the way, how much do you want to bet Arsenal don;t beat Wigan in the cup semi?

God I hope Wigan wins, in penalties though haha.

They bought Francis for a million from Birmingham if I remember. Viv anderson., john Robertson john McGovern.Kenny burns. Larry Lloyd. To name a few. Great team and yes I do remember that game because Francis hit it with the back of his head.

I don't know if it is we were rubbish in that city were so much better. I thought Rooney was very bad.

Yeah, another one is Leeds, what a disaster that club is. Speaking of disasters, I see Portsmouth fired another manager today, being three points from being relegated to the Conference. Jeez, a few years ago they revealed plans for a new stadium and won the FA cup 6 years ago. Kind of unreal when you think about it. It is very scary because QPR took out another loan for £27m. Seems like they are hedging their bets on going up, but what if they don't? Really the only positive is that they have give or take £600,000 of weekly wages coming off the books, plus the sale of Remy and Taarabt which might net £25m or so. Still £180m in debt is kind of scary.

I used to go and watch Halifax Town ........they no longer exist ......neither do Chester City ........it happens ......nearly happened to Rangers ( Glasgow ) too !

There is way too much debt in football .....(Man U springs to mind with the Glazers) .........its all going to go wrong for some teams.

That crook Vincent Tan will fuck Cardiff up ......and so will Allam at Hull .....just wait

I found that pretty interesting what happened to Glasgow Rangers, so for having a high amount of debt, they were put into administration, liquidated, and then sent down 4 divisions. I find that a little unfair to me, but what I do I know. The FA should just absorb some of these Scottish teams. I would like to see how Celtic do against real teams. I really enjoyed to hear that Hull's name was rejected by the FA, and then Allam didn't put them for sale. I don't see them going down though. Cardiff, they are in trouble!

Haha

b4e8a8384f3244d88892cbbc05de2db6.png

Scottish football is about as shitty and uncompetitive as it gets. It got what it deserved. You could blame the likes of Fergie for that. He created Aberdeen into a powerhouse who dominated Scottish soccer for about 3 years and they even beat Real Madrid in the Cup Winners Cup. Dundee United under Jim McClean had a very good team also and suddenly Rangers popped and started overspending on good English players. They won the league 9 years in a row and worse drove all the other teams apart from Celtic out of contention. But they operated in serious debt so when the league lost the big TV Money a few years back, it killed the likes of Rangers who were pretty much depending on it. You reap what you sow, Celtic become dominant, Rangers spend money they don't have to keep up, run out of money!

Even now, it's like they haven't learned their lesson. They bought a shit load of Premiership players and paid them a shit load of money to agree to play in the Scottish Second Division!