SportsWrath

English Premiership Soccer .......starts again

UK-Giantsfan

Not a good start for the English clubs in the CL. That red card killed Arsenal today. Not looking good for QPR. They are now 4th but have a game in hand on everyone above them. They also signed Ravel Morrison for 3 months on loan. I don't know what to think of it but hopefully it will give them a spark. 4 points out of the last automatic promotion spot. I purposely didn't comment on Saturday's game. That was tough to watch. 16 games to go.

Something is up there. 2 months ago, Morrison was West Ham's best player.

I heard he had some fake injury and no longer wanted to play for Big Sam. Well anyway, another one is that QPR can take him off their hands for 8 million during the offseason, well only if they get promoted of course.

I have been hearing this afternoon that there is a very strong rumor that Harry is going to get sacked in the morning. Not sure if that is entirely true but what an interesting development. I am very disappointed in everyone, and including Harry but the team needs a kick in the ass. Well anyway, I convinced the wife to maybe go see Liverpool/City during the summer at Yankee Stadium. Not to thrilled about the location though. Milan and Roma are playing in Philadelphia but who cares about them. I would even like to go out to Pittsburgh to see City and Milan. That's a 6 hour drive though.

terrible.... that loss to Charlton in the 90th minute JR. It would be a huge mistake for QPR to sack Harry with 2 months of the season to go. They just need some serious motivation and they still have an excellent opportunity for promotion.

Liverpool ...a bit lucky to win 4-3 ( im worried about our defence during the run in )

With all the big teams winning it really looks like a great title race ......im still picking City to win it.

They are in 4th place, not 14th. It would send a terrible message to sack him and who would really want to play there for a owner who has sacked 3 managers in the last two years. There was a training scuffle prior to the game that involved Assou-Ekotto and he was left out of the squad. He already got into a shouting match with Austin and Dunne during games. I think they should send him back to Spurs because he has been useless and responsible for lazy playing.

I am afraid that team is not going to recover and it will be a wasted season. I totally understand that it will send a bad message but how else are you going to motivate these guys? This story is reminiscent of last year. A team who had enough talent to stay up but the players just didn't give a shit. They are lucky they are out of the relegation zone.

I am starting to come to terms that maybe it is a good idea that they don't go up this year and start to rebuild. I am worried about the debt that they have accumulated while in the Prem, and they are going to miss out on millions. I believe they have 15-20 players coming off the books on June 1 ( I think that's the date). They probably will sell Remy and Taarabt and make at least 15 million from them. I believe they have a 30% sell on fee that they have to pay Spurs from the Taarabt sale but they can make a nice chunk from Remy.

If they do not get promoted, I am afraid they will be a mid-table team next season, just like Watford who were in a similar situation last year (well kind of). They had more than half of their squad coming off the books but the only difference is that they were under a transfer embargo. So if QPR gets promoted, how are they going to rebuild a squad for the PL? The only building blocks they really have is Austin (unproven at the top division), Matt Phillips, Hoilett, Barton, Grenaro, and Danny Simpson. Who knows if Barton or Grenaro will be there but I am just saying. They have a very ancient team, experienced, but old. They don't have to worry about Financial Fair Play for another year so if they manage to stay down in the second division, then they can add a lot of talent but not break the bank.

Oh, and I heard another rumor is that Harry is being given one more game to put things together, and if they lose to Leeds, he is out and will be replaced by Zola. Dear god, I should have picked another team to follow.

They are playing Rooney upfront. That's the problem. He's dropping back to cover guys and leaving 50 yards between him and Van Persie. Smalling again was brutal. Cleverly should have been taken off after 15 minutes. And Ferdinand was awful, stumbling and slipping all over the place. Again, blame Moyes all you want, these players aren't playing up to speed at all this year.

I mean, last nights team was playing for Ferguson last year using the same formation. These are all experienced guys. Do we really think Moyes would take a winning formula and decide, let's fuck with it entirely!

Liverpool are on fire at the moment !

( nasty loss for Arsenal ...... Wenger has run out of ideas at the moment )

Oh dear Mr. Pardew ( that is going to hurt )

Shame that Sunderland fell apart in the second half v City in the 'worthless cup' final.

Yep Liverpool is on fucking fire. The way things are going, I think they can really finish in the top three. With City with two games in hand on everyone, I still see them as the favorites. I don't think anyone can save Fulham now after the last game. It is going to be interesting in the Championship next season with the possibility of QPR, Fulham, and Brentford all in the same division. Was really hoping that Chelsea fails down the stretch, lol.

Got my tickets for United and Inter in DC. I can't see me getting to Denver. Now waiting to see where the game versus Real is being played, or if it is.

Boo, how are your seats and what did you spend? Like I said earlier, I am thinking about getting tickets for the City/Liverpool game at Yankee Stadium. Tickets don't go on sale until next week.

They have a special supporters section for United fans behind one of the goals, and we are in the section just above that. I paid $174 after fees for 2 tickets. I'm bringing my nine year old with me, it'll be his 3rd United game. We went to Philly to watch them play the Union and when they beat the MLS All Stars out at Red Bull Arena (RBA is a real nice stadium)

I've been to 8 tour games and I've been to Old Traford 3 years ago. They haven't listed the venue for the United- real game yet, I'm hoping that ends up in MetLife.

Good win yesterday for your guys, the Ravel Morrison show!

I believe about ten years ago, I saw United vs either Inter or AC Milan at Giants stadium. I am not really in the mood for parking around Yankee Stadium, so that is making me really think about spending money on the City/Liverpool game.

Yep, good win, but against a horrible team. Need to build confidence, and maybe that game will set them up for a run. Like I said, I am not to optimistic about it though.

important win for QPR .....JR ......steady that ship !

Man City 1 Wigan 2 ....didn't see that one coming.

( im going to Wembley with the Hull boys for the FA Cup semi

just got back from Rugby ......England v Wales ....very drunk ! _

so Boo , how do you see the matchup of Utd and Liverpool on Sun ? ( i'm thinking a 1-1 draw to be honest )

DG - Nice North London derby game for Arsenal v Spurs ( plenty of hate there ! )

JR - Surely QPR can beat Yeovil at home ! ( big game between Derby and Reading isnt it ? )