SportsWrath

English Premiership Soccer .......starts again

UK-Giantsfan

The problem with those cycles UK, is that every 15 years you're supposed to have a good team and it's just not as good as the team at the beginning of the last cycle. The talent pool seems to be there, but these guys simply don't get the chance to develop in the best league in the world.

Boo ...The talent pool in England is recognised as strong and fairly deep. The real problem ( that has developed over the last 25 years ) is that we have a tribal and hostile fan base over here who only care about their club team ...and don't really care about the national team. Therefore this has translated into a "club first" mentality for every player , manager and fan. There is not enough pride to play for the England shirt ....the English team have become a bunch of overpaid individual superstars who are protected by their club managers.....and never really get any time together to become a squad. They have mostly been a bunch of rich spolit brats ( with the exception of Beckham , Gerrard and a few others ).

Thats what happens when your domestic league is the biggest market in the world. Club comes before Country. End of story .....it wont change anytime soon.

The Harry experiment might end up a mess if he became England boss ......I would just like to see what he could do with the players ....he might weave a bit of magic ( it cant be much worse than the last 4 decades anyway )

I agree UK. It's not just England man. It's already started that it's more important to win the Champions League than the World Cup.

Anyway, it could be worse. You could be drawing your talent pool from the championship like the republic of Ireland!!

I think that all England players get 'appearance fees' up to 10 K from the FA , plus bonuses during Finals . (eg each player was offered an additional 100 K if the team had won Euro 2012 ). What actually happens is that most players donate these fees to a charity called the Footballers Foundation which in turn donates to various charities including cancer research , help for heroes , save the children etc.

The thing is JR, when these guys play in the World Cup, it's like the ultimate shop window. So many of them get that exposure and all of a sudden they are all getting offers. So the money they can make afterwards is substantial, like Uk said the money they get paid for internaitionals is like meal money to them.

Remember Karol Poborsky UK?. One good Euro, United sign him, he sucks like no one ever sucked before.

what brought you to Hull Uk?

They are creeping out some wins right now for sure. However City look like the engine is cranking right now.

I live near York ....just 30 miles from the KC in Hull. Some of my best friends are 'Tigers' season ticket holders.

Cant believe that Hull were 2 up and lost 3-2 .........Rooney was amazing .... ( but he could have been sent off early on for that late kick on Huddlestone ! )

I live near York ....just 30 miles from the KC in Hull. Some of my best friends are 'Tigers' season ticket holders.

Cant believe that Hull were 2 up and lost 3-2 .........Rooney was amazing .... ( but he could have been sent off early on for that late kick on Huddlestone ! )

Cool UK allways nice to watch a game Live, City plays really well atm and most be the favorite to take the titel if they can keep it up

you guys are much better informed than I am about our National Game ..........huge respect to you both ! My top 5 in the premiership this season is as follows. Man City , Chelsea , Man Utd , Liverpool , Spurs .....what about yours ?

yes DG ......Man City look like the team to beat ............I forgot about Arsenal in my start of season top 5 prediction ! ... Doh ......Wenger has really impressed me this year ....especially after that difficult start.

Yes Boo ...... Another ugly home loss at Old Trafford .... This would never have happened under Fergie.

Even worse for Moyes that Arsenal , Liverpool and Chelsea all won .

QPR .....still looking good JR ( bloody late winner v Doncaster )

Not looking good enough. Their form has been terrible as of late. The first half of the game today was terrible. Worst I have seen all year and the second half was totally different. They really need to get a striker in the transfer window now. They have a long way to go if they want to get promoted. At this point, it is unlikely.

Not looking good enough. Their form has been terrible as of late. The first half of the game today was terrible. Worst I have seen all year and the second half was totally different. They really need to get a striker in the transfer window now. They have a long way to go if they want to get promoted. At this point, it is unlikely.

well Leicester look like a good side at the moment JR but I think they might fade .......To be honest I think that QPR are better than Burnley and Ipswich. ( but the 2 teams to watch in my opinion are the hated foes Derby and Forest ) Good luck ....it will be an interesting next few months in the Championship.

I still think Wigan will eventually get promoted. I was looking at their squad and they have pretty much most of last years team. Plus unless United pull Nick Powell back, he's been playing excellent for them, and he'll help them.

Jesus Boo ........anyone can win at Old Trafford nowadays !

You know,everyone is going to come down on Moyes. And in some cases they would be right. I think defenders should replace defenders especially when they are replacing full backs. Valencia has gotten burned several times this year while filling in at full back. Today, fletcher who was playing well, got burned twice and then Smalling and Evans couldn't defend one guy between them. Shocking stuff. If I'm short on center backs. I bring on Carrick and keep Smalling at full back, especially when fucking Fabio gets sent off. Christ after 5 fucking minutes a stupid studs up tackle, he deserved to go.

That said, the players out there today were for the most part pathetic. Keep in mind, Swansea were also missing several guys including Vorm and Michu.Once again we had enough guys to win this game, we're at home. There's no excuse. I'm all for him going out and getting some guys now, and frankly I'd pull Nick Powell back from Wigan and Jesse lingard from Birmingham and start working these guys into the rotation. Hell, I'm all for getting Tyler Blackett up here and play him at full back. Moyes can only do so much, they need to have a fire lit under them.

Scary thought, we have a real chance at one trophy right now, the league cup. And chances are if we get there, we'll meet City.

Holloway to Millwall, that is very interesting. I really think this transfer window will make or break Rangers. They have been pretty lucky in some games, producing some really poor performances and still winning. I think that shows what kind of team they are but teams are starting to figure them out. I really think QPR's main problem is they lack the typical box to box player who can score goals to take pressure off the forward. The back four does it job but they give up goals because the lack of goals produced up front.

Another problem is getting that ball to the striker (which they don't have enough of). They have Matt Phillips on one side and that is pretty much it. Hoilett has been horrific and I don't get the Yossi Benayoun signing. I know he hasn't played much in a year so I will let it pass for now. What they need is 2 Strikers, 1 Winger, and 1 midfielder to sign during the window. That might be asking for to much and I am not sure if that will hurt team chemistry or not.