SportsWrath

English Premiership Soccer .......starts again

UK-Giantsfan

Did anyone happen to see the Reading fans running onto the pitch without realizing that they were knocked out of the last playoff spot? That was hilarious. I am really happy that Reading is out of it. They might not have been not on best form as of late, but they are very dangerous. Plus they are really good at flopping and getting getting a free kick out of nothing. For some reason, I am somewhat confident going into the playoffs. Wigan have been really poor as of late, and I have a feeling that Brighton is going to take out Derby. Even if they don't, I think we have a good chance.

http://deadspin.com/reading-fans-mistakenly-think-they-get-into-playoffs-i-1571278997/+Sean-Newell

Some really horrible games in the EPL on Saturday, but I really enjoyed watching Fulham get destroyed and Cardiff losing. I had to put the United game on mute, that was horrible to even listen too. Norwich will be the icing on the cake. I think City takes it now. A real shame because I was pulling for Liverpool the whole way. Sorry UK, I wish Hull was the other team going down. I just really hate slimeball owners and I hope Tan sells Cardiff and they go back to blue. Red isn't really that lucky.

Fulham and Cardiff thoroughly deserve to go down, they are very poor quality. Norwich will join them later today.

I tried to look at what happened this year objectively, but yesterdays effort was the end for me. Or lack of effort. They gave up, the stadium was half empty and the fans sat on their hands and I can't blame them. I hope Van Gaal can set the ship right again and we can get the quality back. I know Giggs is the caretaker manager but dammit his lineups yesterday looked uninspired. He took Mata off in the 2nd half and Mata looked bewildered and he left Fletcher and Carrick on all game and all they did was pass the ball sideways. Nani in the lineup but Januzai out, Welbeck out?. Why is Ferdinand playing that evans is fit again?

Bizarre stuff.

to be honest ........our D has been very poor recently.

we have let in 9 goals in the last 4 games at a crucial part of the season.

( we have also let in 14 goals in the last 8 games )

That is not a defence that is worthy of winning the Premiership title....is it !

I am very happy that we are in the Champions League next season.......but we have let an opportunity slip away ( literally slip in Gerrard's case ).

I cant see Man City making a mess of it from here ( and they were my pick back in Aug I suppose )

I didn't see the Utd game v Sunderland .........but it sounded like yet another woeful performance at Old Trafford.

As for the playoffs JR - QPR are my pick for promotion. The momentum is with you.

All I really can say that is no premiership team really looks strong this year. Every team at the top has lost some really bad games and I am still shocked about that game yesterday. I think there is going to be a lot of money spent in England this summer. I think the league is really starting to lag behind La Liga and Bundesliga. What QPR has now, is that they are FINALLY healthy and fit.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2014/05/05/the-copenhagen-soccer-team-has-some-really-creative-fans/

look at this guys, Danish Derby i got season tickets to fc copenhagen shame we only made a draw, but the coolest tifo we ever done :)

Wow, that looks awesome.

United broke out 2 new kids tonight. Wilson has been considered the next breakout star for us and he had 2 goals.

However Januzaj was sensational tonight.

Good luck to you Nemanja Vidic, simply the best defender in the Premiership the last decade no question. Smart move leaving for Italy now.

I get the feeling Giggs ain't retiring.

I don't see Ferdinand, nani, Buttner, Anderson, Ashley Young, Chicarito, Kagawa in a United Jersey after this season. They all need to move on, simply because they have to have their futures elsewhere.

JR - Good luck to QPR v Wigan tomorrow !

Wilson sure looks like a very good prospect for you Boo

Brilliant escape by Sunderland . Poyet has worked a bloody miracle there. They really deserved to stay up. ( Liverpool could do with Borini back too )

......... Oh .... And well done to City I suppose ...... It's all over now. Fuck !

don't worry JR .....QPR will be ok.

With Wigan having lost 3 or their last 4 you can expect at least a draw this evening , and probably a win

Good to have the away leg first

are you able to watch it live ?

UK

A much better 2nd half , much more open , end to end stuff , overall a good result for QPR ,

Harry had them well organised. I was impressed with them in defence.

Charlie Austin was excellent too.

Fortune should perhaps have got that goal for Wigan but I think that a draw was the fair result.

JR - You should prevail at Loftus Road on Mon I think

Oh what a game! My heart was racing the entire time. Seriously, where has Bobby Zamora been? He is a beast out there, winning balls and his flick to Austin for the winner. I couldn't even react to the winning goal because it caught me unexpectedly and then I was worried it was going to be called offside. What a final it is going to be.