SportsWrath

English Premiership Soccer .......starts again

UK-Giantsfan

Green was amazing today. I had all the faith in them, even when O'Neil was sent off. It was experience what got them through. If McClaren ends up staying, and if they manage to keep most of their youngsters, I would put them at as one of the favorites next season. Like I said in one of my first posts, I was following them last year, and I did think they were close but not quite there yet. Well they got so close this year and I think they can maybe achieve it next year.

BoaY_UpCUAANMex.jpg

Congratulations JR. I look forward to beating you twice next year as we battle relegation. :)

Seriously though, experience won out. Hoilett caught the Derby lads napping and it was an awful blunder by Keogh but Zamora now has paid off twice in 2 games. Derby looked like they had no clue how to break them down and Dunne, Green and Onuoha got that backline organized

The Champions League final was just a heartbreaker and I wanted Athletico to win but in fairness Real deserved an equalizer. I was pissed because I was just walking out the door to bring my son to the Red Bulls - Portland game, when Real equalized.

Then to make matter worse, Red Bulls lose 2-1.

I really think next year is going to be a much different year for QPR than previous years. I actually have full faith in Harry, he will get his guys, just not an exorbitant salaries. I don't think management is going to make the same mistakes as in the past. Question for you guys, what do you guys think of owner Tony Fernandes and his reactions after the last two playoff games? One thing I can get from the guy, that even though he is a lifelong West Ham fan, he seems like he genuinely cares about his team and his players. I honestly have never seen an owner react like that after a game. I remember the Mara's going nuts in 2008, but nothing like this.

I think next year is going to be a high pressure year for United, and the same for Liverpool. It will be interesting to see what these teams do in the offseason. I really think the pressure is going to be more on United, because of what is expected. I think anything less than some silverware, it will get even worse for them.

I think QPR are in trouble regardless. The positive is that they have a lot of massive wages coming off, plus Wright-Phillips is leaving and there is a rumor that Julio Cesar is going to a team in Brazil. They are going to lose a lot of players, but they still have somewhat of a backbone of a team. They just have a lot of holes to fill this summer. It is going to be a challenge for Harry. The debt at £160m is pretty disturbing. What I can find is that ManU debt is around £300m or so, but they are a massive club compared to Rangers. Speaking of, I wonder what happens after the passing of Glazer now?

I don't know anything about Formula One, but Fernandes' team hasn't been doing well and probably better off selling off. I give him credit, he negotiated a pretty good deal with Nike for £50m for 5 seasons. Who knows what would have happened if they didn't get promoted. He said that it didn't matter either way, but I don't know if I believe him on that.

Malcolm Glazer wasn't ever really involved. It was his 3 sons running the place.

If you guys hold onto Dunne/Onuoha/Green/Austin/Simpson, Hoilett, Zamora, you can build around those and be solids enough. If you keep the likes of Clint Hill again and guys as such, you will go down, because Clint Hill showed 2 years ago he wasn't premiership quality. Karl Henry also.

• 2 weeks later...

so guys ......who are you picking to win the World Cup.

With the conditions and heat and humidity i'm definitely thinking a South American country.....so i'm going for Argentina.

Messi and Aguero will be unstoppable and this team could be ruthless going forward.

Plus they have an easy group so they wont expend much energy , injury or cards early on.

What do you reckon ?

I think it HAS to be an South American team. I think Brazil chokes and Argentina takes it. I think a lot of it depends on Messi. I think if this tournament took place last year, and how amazing Messi was, Argentina was a shoe in. He has been injured a lot, but I am still going with them. I am going with the USA to go 0-3-0.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like Suarez has played his last game for Liverpool.

I have a couple of friends who have contacts in LFC and they confirm that the club have decided to get rid of him to Barcelona if they can get 70M.

Deal should be done in a few days time.

Time to move on.

I agree Boo and JR , that he will be very difficult to replace , but he would not have been playing until Nov. the media over here were going to make it impossible for him with their hounding and hatred. He would have become a huge distraction for Liverpool . Rodgers is more about team than one player ( even the best player in the World ). I expect Liverpool to continue to invest heavily and strengthen. It is a big shame that the biting incident happened ..... But eventually a club has to move on.

The problem is that there aren't really many world class strikers out there. I know I know, Super Mario is a head case, but I think that would be a good move for him, plus they wouldn't have to spend 75m for him. What a tough place to be in.