SportsWrath

English Premiership Soccer .......starts again

UK-Giantsfan

You know, Suarez can't go one year without pulling some sort of bullshit like that. My goodness that was one of the worst dives I've seen. It totally ruins what should be a reputation of possibly the 3rd best player in the world right now. It's unbelievably irresponsible and imagine if he gets sent off and misses a game with that crap.

That said, I thought you were lucky to hang on, but the goal was well taken after an awful blunder by Kompany. And yes, Henderson should have gone, no argyuing there, that was awful.

I can't see anyone passing them. City and Chelsea can't put a run together. Chelsea barely beat 10 man Swansea.

Arsenal and Hull = Dull IMO. Man I wanted Wigan to win that game.

Boo, did you get a chance to watch ESPN's 30 for 30 Hillsborough last evening? UK, because of the recent inquest, it cannot be shown in England, but if you can find it on the internet and get through it, it's one of ESPN's best. I have to admit though, it was hard at times to watch, but a wonderful piece. I did not know that the youngest victim of the tragedy was cousins with Steven Gerrard. The coverup was another tragedy in itself, and I can't believe they are still sorting it out 25 fucking years later. Some simularities to the Guildford Four coverup. You guys ever read the book from Phil Scranton about the subject? I am thinking of picking it up.

cant believe that Man City 'fucked up' so badly against Sunderland last night. To be honest they should have lost ! ...what a gift to Liverpool and Chelsea.

I'm getting a bit worried about how good Crystal palace look at the moment to be honest !

Did you see that winning goal by Bale last night in the Copa Del Rey ....amazing

Yeah a game they should have easily won too. Hard to come back from that now. I wonder what Chelsea side Liverpool is going to get? The one who barely beat a 10 man Swansea? Their form hasn't been all to great recently, but Jose will have them fired up. I am still going with Liverpool in this match. Yeah fucking Palace, only if, only if :(

I'm not going to be so negative about today's game. They also have a game Monday so they used this opportunity to rest some starters and get some others like Kranjar to get some game experience and will be fully fit for the the playoffs. Not really an important game because they were never going to win and probably won't get third place. Barton is three yellows from a three game suspension and BAE got sent off so hopefully this is the last we see of him haha. I'm not happy with the probability of playing Wigan in the playoffs, but I think QPR can get a result from them. I don't want to play Derby in a home and away series. Would rather see them at Wembley.

The last few months have been painful and I still wish they went after a good striker instead of Miaga or Keane. They had an amazing start to the year because the squad was healthy and if they had luck like Burnley and the Foxes, they would have won the league. If they manage to get the same players back and finally have a fully healthy squad, they can do this. Hope I am not being to positive because a lot of fans aren't as optimistic as I am.

Look like Wigan and QPR are pretty much locked into the 4-5 matchup and honestly I think either one of them will go up. The fight seems to be for the 6th spot, which I'm giving an outside chance to Ipswich who seem to be in form.

JR, I don't know what provider you have but I have Optimum and we recently had BEIN Sport added to the sports package. It has all the La Liga, Ligue un and Serie A big games each week and they also show a League Championship each Saturday at 7pm. The Leicester - QPR game was on this morning.

UK, you beat Norwich tomorrow and it's over. Chelsea showed no guts today losing like that. It's hard not to take from you this year, they are playing at another level since New Years. It's funny but the same shit is happening in Spain where Athletico is taking it to the big 2 and they are doing their best to make it easier for them.

JR, the hillsborough documentary will be on Watch Espn tomorrow night, so I'll check it out then.

Yeah I have BEIN Sport , but the only time when they are on is also when Sky picks up the game. Once in a while, BEIN Sports Play also has the game on streaming online.

That Chelsea game was unbelievable. How about the Liverpool loaner Borini with the penalty kick. I just had to laugh. I don't see Liverpool losing tomorrow. Norwich is toast. Sunderland actually has a chance to stay up and they have a game in hand.

That was a close one for Liverpool, but Norwich are trying to survive and you have to expect them to take it to anyone, on any day. Three games to go, they are so close. Tough loss for United today and I hope they do not let Moyes go. At least give him another season at the helm to figure things out. They still have a outside shot at the Europa League though, but that will be a difficult task. 6 points behind Spurs, with a game in hand and a better goal differential. Just have to hope for some luck.

I don't remember the last time Rooney played at Everton and actually played well. He broke down every fucking attack today with his poor touch, he even had mata staring him down at one stage. Kagawa had to be pissed been taked off today when Rooney should have gone.

I can't see us getting that spot right now. Spurs would have to fall apart. It's going to be bad to see Hull City playing in Europe next season while we stay home.

I guess Moyes is gone. It's all over the internet, but the team is denying it. Huge comeback from QPR just a little bit ago. Really did not look to good in the first half, but they really turned it on in the second. Like I said, this team is much different with Barton in the lineup. Two games left, with Millwall and Barnsley, two relegation threatened teams. So build some confidence and be prepared for Wigan in the playoffs.

Done deal, he's out. It's a shame. People forget his work at Everton and Preston before that. Manager of the year 3 times at Everton and here's a fact, he was favorite to take over from Fergie before Fergie picked him. It wasn't a good season, but if Moyes is shown the door for this, then I want to see at least 10 players out with him.

Let's also take on board here that when United won the championship last year, some of the current squad were hardly factors at all. GUys like Nani and Anderson should have been moved last year. Ferguson bought Buttner to replace Evra. Kagawa was in the same boat last year as this year, playing out of position. Furthermore, this season, they lost Carrick for weeks in the fall, and basically have played without Van Persie all season. Scholes moved on, Giggs finally became old. Evra has been a disaster on defense and Rio has fallen off completely. Vidic declared lame duck status in January for Christ's sake. I thought also that the loss of Johnny Evans late in the season hurt us badly because Smalling has been poor all year.

Moyes officially took the job on effective July 1st last year. By that time every other team had already gone into the transfer market, The club had already booked the summer tour and he had to go coaching immediately. By the time the summer ended he was looking for scraps and in fairness that's what he got. Part of that problem was not Ferguson leaving, but David Gill leaving, because Gill could broker deals like no-one. Woodward took over and he made mistakes also, like not signing the kid from Bilbao.

before you think I'm a Moyes fanatic, he made mistakes. He should have transitioned his coaching staff in with Ferguson's, you don't bring an inexperienced guy like Phil Neville and sit him next to you. He tried to make too many changes this year to a style that pretty much had just won the league. His pursuit of Feiliani and his handling of that deal was wrong. He didn't push for defensive help and then declared guys like Rio as not really in his plans. I hate the idea of Valencia playing right back because he doesn't get back fast enough to cover and it's cost us 3 goals this year. Plus his handling of Chicarito and Welbeck now leaves us looking at possibly both of them leaving this summer.

That said, his leaving means that we need another manager, and we're getting everyone by the looks of it. But I truly think as crazy as this sounds that the guy taking over these last 4 games, may well be the best choice for the job. And you back him up by going and getting Gary Neville and Paul Scholes as his assitants and bring back Meulenstein and Phelan. Then you get Ferguson and Charlton in his ear for sage advice. I think you could be looking at the next Pep IMO. Giggs wants to be a manager, and if you want to bring United back to the top of the mountain, then why not bring it with guys who are true United.

Ryan Giggs as manager of Manchester United would be huge and a shot in the arm.

Hi guys , been on holiday for a week ( blissfully away from all internet connections - quite refreshing actually )

I feel sorry for Moyes , but I suppose he had to go in the end . Utd cant risk another season like this one or another calamity in the Summer transfer market.

I hope that Klopp gets the Utd job ........he certainly has the charisma needed for the task. ( even though he appears to have ruled himself out .....he might be persuaded ) Way way too soon for Giggs to be considered.

Liverpool look like they really might do it ( especially with Chelsea and City gifting them points all over the place recently ). It all boils down to the game at Anfield on Sunday....and we are seriously pumped right now.

You couldn't have written the script for this season !

PS .....I really really want Hull to win the FA cup ( sorry DG )

JR - I now live in East Yorkshire , ( only 21 miles from Hull ) They are my local team ....a lot of my good friends are " Tigers "

I was born in Liverpool and will always support Liverpool.....but obviously I have some warmth for the Hull boys ( they were in Div 3 when I moved here 15 years ago ) ......it would be a hell of a story if they could lift the FA Cup.

regards UK