SportsWrath

Damontre Moore

NightFire

I bought a pair of Plaxicos socks, and he's not kidding, those are some pretty solid socks. Over priced tho.

But yea I like Moore, I'm hoping his 1st step is better then numbers show.

He's a young kid with lots of talent.

Think he's only 20 years old

Looking at the spiderweb analogy, it makes him appear to be the perfect physical specimen, but is slow, underweight, and weak. But he's the right size and can really friggin jump.

I don't believe a whole lot in combine numbers to evaluate talent. There are real football players, and then there are athletes that aren't real football players. Don't know how to describe it, but you know it when you have a real football player on your hands.

I bought a pair of Plaxicos socks, and he's not kidding, those are some pretty solid socks. Over priced tho.

But yea I like Moore, I'm hoping his 1st step is better then numbers show.

He's a young kid with lots of talent.

Think he's only 20 years old

where did you buy them?

Looking at the spiderweb analogy, it makes him appear to be the perfect physical specimen, but is slow, underweight, and weak. But he's the right size and can really friggin jump.

I don't believe a whole lot in combine numbers to evaluate talent. There are real football players, and then there are athletes that aren't real football players. Don't know how to describe it, but you know it when you have a real football player on your hands.

Probably because he's apparently lazy in training. I am sure the Giants will whip him into shape and get some meat on his frame.

I made the mistake of reading this and thinking it was an article that was doing more than stating the obvious. I'll save people who haven't read it already with this simple breakdown: Highly talented player that has potential to succeed at the NFL level.

I made the mistake of reading this and thinking it was an article that was doing more than stating the obvious. I'll save people who haven't read it already with this simple breakdown: Highly talented player that has potential to succeed at the NFL level.

Most after draft articles do seem to be this way. The breakdown of his sacks and playing style is interesting; for me anyway that doesn't watch much College ball.

I absolutely refuse to watch college football. That part I did find interesting but there are just too many variables in college football that you will never see at the NFL level.

Most after draft articles do seem to be this way. The breakdown of his sacks and playing style is interesting; for me anyway that doesn't watch much College ball.

I absolutely refuse to watch college football. That part I did find interesting but there are just too many variables in college football that you will never see at the NFL level.

College ball is fun to watch, but it's not the same game played in the NFL. In college, the QB is just as apt to run as the RB and flea-flickers are actually planned and happen often.

All one really needs to know is that more than half the 5-star recruits out of high school go to the SEC conference and the SEC conference absolutely dominates in college football. In this year's draft, 63 players were taken out of the SEC conference. The next closest conference was the ACC with 31 players getting drafted. The last time a conference beat out the SEC for players drafted was in 1987 when the Pac-10 had 55 players taken.

Also in this years draft, 12 players taken in the first round came out of the SEC.

With that known....the only thing you need to know about Damontre Moore is that he tore the SEC to shreds and dominated at his position against the best of the best offensive lines leading every category in the SEC in sacks (8.5), hurries, and tackles for losses (17.5).

Any player leading a category in the SEC is worthy of a first round pick as they play against the top college teams in the country every week.

That graphic is flat-out frightening. He's slow, but on the other hand, he's weak. Hopefully he shows something next year, because at best we're just getting special teams play from him this year.

At least he very light weight....

College ball is fun to watch, but it's not the same game played in the NFL. In college, the QB is just as apt to run as the RB and flea-flickers are actually planned and happen often.

All one really needs to know is that more than half the 5-star recruits out of high school go to the SEC conference and the SEC conference absolutely dominates in college football. In this year's draft, 63 players were taken out of the SEC conference. The next closest conference was the ACC with 31 players getting drafted. The last time a conference beat out the SEC for players drafted was in 1987 when the Pac-10 had 55 players taken.

Also in this years draft, 12 players taken in the first round came out of the SEC.

With that known....the only thing you need to know about Damontre Moore is that he tore the SEC to shreds and dominated at his position against the best of the best offensive lines leading every category in the SEC in sacks (8.5), hurries, and tackles for losses (17.5).

Any player leading a category in the SEC is worthy of a first round pick as they play against the top college teams in the country every week.

Which is the odd part about Moore and is talked about in the article. He plays well but is not a workout warrior or practice stud. Both those aren't a big deal if he plays well.

Which is the odd part about Moore and is talked about in the article. He plays well but is not a workout warrior or practice stud. Both those aren't a big deal if he plays well.

I always wondered if Strahan, LT, and other greats were workout warriors, or if they simply had great football sense. Strahan used to skip workouts and training camp, and LT...well, he was looking for nose candy, etc.

There are workout warriors that don't succeed in the NFL all the time, but it seems there is this rare type of player that just knows football, knows what's going on around him, and knows how to exploit the opposition. That's why I don't get all excited about players with the perfect build for a particular position and combine numbers that make you think he was an Olympic athlete. In my opinion, there are some guys who are just born with football sense and have a winning mentality regardless of their shape and combine numbers.