SportsWrath

Kellen Clemens>Eli Manning

Guest Carbo

Guest Carbo

The Jets absolutely stole this one out from under the rest of the League. This kid Clemens can flat out throw a football! He's got the live arm needed to survive in Giants Stadium. This kid will emerge as the savior of that franchise within a year. And how embarrassing will that be for the Giants as the highly touted Manning is still learning not to throw off his back foot.

Guest Floyd The Barber

kellen_clemens2.gif

look an actual athlete at the QB position !!! we as NYG fans are being ripped off !!!

The Jets absolutely stole this one out from under the rest of the League. This kid Clemens can flat out throw a football! He's got the live arm needed to survive in Giants Stadium. This kid will emerge as the savior of that franchise within a year. And how embarrassing will that be for the Giants as the highly touted Manning is still learning not to throw off his back foot.

:rolleyes:

Obviously you have no idea about the Jets. There is no savior for the Jets, and as soon as they see one threatening to become one, they trade him.

The Jets rarely have bad drafts. But the Jets rarely keep those picks any longer than 4 years. The franchise sucks!

Has a live arm? really? have you ever actually watched Clemens play? I have...and he has, at best, an above average arm. Certainly not even close to stronger than Eli's.

Your act is old now...your not even pulling it off as simply subjective, pessimistic fans anymore. Your simply a group of loser fans who want to bitch and moan and get under people's skin no matter what the Giants do. Anyone NOT on the Giants is automatically better than anyone on the Giants roster right now. This whole act is kinda a sad way to spend your day...

Guest Carbo

Are you kidding me about Eli's arm strength?? He has a spaghetti arm, (and a pencil neck, while we're at it). He is a piss poor match for The Meadowlands. Did you see his passes last year? Flutter and float and miss his receivers by yards. The dude just doesn't have what it takes. He was a gamble, and the Giants lost. Let's regroup and move on from here. There is always next year.

Guest Floyd The Barber
Has a live arm? really? have you ever actually watched Clemens play? I have...and he has, at best, an above average arm. Certainly not even close to stronger than Eli's.

Your act is old now...your not even pulling it off as simply subjective, pessimistic fans anymore. Your simply a group of loser fans who want to bitch and moan and get under people's skin no matter what the Giants do. Anyone NOT on the Giants is automatically better than anyone on the Giants roster right now. This whole act is kinda a sad way to spend your day...

the msytique of Eli and the Magically strong arm continues...

how come we have yet to see this "strong" arm ?? its all hot air...i wont say he has a bad arm, but he certainly doesnt have a "strong arm"...

Are you kidding me about Eli's arm strength?? He has a spaghetti arm, (and a pencil neck, while we're at it). He is a piss poor match for The Meadowlands. Did you see his passes last year? Flutter and float and miss his receivers by yards. The dude just doesn't have what it takes. He was a gamble, and the Giants lost. Let's regroup and move on from here. There is always next year.

his fluttering, floating throws have nothing to do with arm strength and every thing to do with technique. A good quarterback coach can correct Eli's propensity to throw off the back foot. When he sets and throws he has one of the strongest arms in the league.

Guest Floyd The Barber
his fluttering, floating throws have nothing to do with arm strength and every thing to do with technique. A good quarterback coach can correct Eli's propensity to throw off the back foot. When he sets and throws he has one of the strongest arms in the league.

every QB in the NFL when given time to step and throw has a strong arm...thats what got them to that level...its the ones that can still throw hard and accurate when all other variables are not perfect...

we all thought thats what we were getting with Eli, we were hoaxed...

every QB in the NFL when given time to step and throw has a strong arm...thats what got them to that level...its the ones that can still throw hard and accurate when all other variables are not perfect...

we all thought thats what we were getting with Eli, we were hoaxed...

Who should I believe?

A random person with a grudge on a message board

or

the quarterback's receivers who have said he has one of the strongest arms of any QB they have played with?

Guest Floyd The Barber
Who should I believe?

A random person with a grudge on a message board

or

the quarterback's receivers who have said he has one of the strongest arms of any QB they have played with?

on naive one...you think his WR's who earn a livelihood from there QB are going to openly flame him to the media about his arm strength ??

one only needs to tune in game time to see just how "strong" his arm is...

like i said, he arm isnt bad, its just not "strong"...that was a very bad misuse of a term in describing Eli's arm...

WHat do Akili Smith, Joey Harrington and Kellen Clemens all have in common?

Answer: they all benefitted from a Qb friendly system at Oregon.

This kid is 6 1, hardly good NFL QB height and his arm is no better coming out of college than Mannings was 2 years ago.

on naive one...you think his WR's who earn a livelihood from there QB are going to openly flame him to the media about his arm strength ??

one only needs to tune in game time to see just how "strong" his arm is...

like i said, he arm isnt bad, its just not "strong"...that was a very bad misuse of a term in describing Eli's arm...

No....but they also don't have to openly praise his in the media....which they have done...

another one....

Who should I beleive...

A random schmuck with a grudge on a message board

or

Professional coaches and scouts who have dazzled about Eli's arm strength

What was it that PLAX said last year? Oh yeah someting along the lines of "he has the strongest arm of any QB I have ever played with".

No one said he is Montana accurate or that his mechanics do not need work, but questioning the strength of his arm is assinine.

Guest Carbo
Technique??! You mean to tell me we are dealing with a 3rd year pro who is still learning how to throw a football??! :o I think that's even worse than his water pistol arm.

Arm Strength is only average at best...Does not have great size...Struggles with his accuracy...Not a Great athlete...Doesn't throw the deep ball well...Is to quick to leave the pocket and run...Makes some poor decisions and will force the ction...Needs to stay calm and in control of his emotions...Has Limited upside
LINK

Um where did you get that he has a strong arm? Where did you get the part about "Great athlete"

Guest Lockhart

Clemens can run well, has a strong arm and a 60% completion percentage - the Jets found the perfect QB for the Meadowlands, and they didn't give away the farm to get him - another example of Accorsi's incompetence.

Clemens can run well, has a strong arm and a 60% completion percentage - the Jets found the perfect QB for the Meadowlands, and they didn't give away the farm to get him - another example of Accorsi's incompetence.

Nice job reading NONE of the above posters you moron.

And of course, according to FAG 4 logic, a 60 percent completion percentage guarantees a 60 percent completion percentage in the pros. :doh:

I think Eric Mangini showed with this draft that he is the next great coach in the league. His first 2 picks were not sexy at all but they were phenomenal. He got the two best linemen in the entire draft. Period. Clemens was also a fantastic pick and I think that they will groom him for a year and hand over the franchise to him next season.

I think this weekend was the first few steps in turning that franchise into a yearly contender. Actually signing Mangini was, but this draft has his imprint all over it.